Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

CFC thinks I'm a tier whore[Phantom Blaster Ovelord]

Shard
    Shard
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : -5

CFC thinks I'm a tier whore[Phantom Blaster Ovelord] Empty CFC thinks I'm a tier whore[Phantom Blaster Ovelord]

Post by Shard Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:28 pm

CFC thinks I'm a tier whore[Phantom Blaster Ovelord] 381px-Phantom_Blaster_Overlord
    CONT 【V/R】: If you have a non-«Shadow Paladin» Vanguard or rear-guard, this unit gets Power - 2000.
    CONT 【V】: If you have a "Phantom Blaster Dragon" in your soul, this unit gets Power +2000.

AUTO 【V】: [Counter Blast (3) & Choose a Phantom Blaster Overlord
    from your hand, and discard it.] When this unit attacks, you may pay
    the cost. If you do, this unit gets Power +10000/Critical +1 until end
    of that turn.

If anyone cares for the story I'll explain it but whatever.

Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 17

CFC thinks I'm a tier whore[Phantom Blaster Ovelord] Empty Re: CFC thinks I'm a tier whore[Phantom Blaster Ovelord]

Post by Ruby Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:37 pm

The Persona Blast being that expensive makes me mad...
    Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : -1

CFC thinks I'm a tier whore[Phantom Blaster Ovelord] Empty Re: CFC thinks I'm a tier whore[Phantom Blaster Ovelord]

Post by Johnny Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:39 pm

This guy's really the only reason Shadow Pallies are Tier 1 along with Kagero and Royal Paladins. The Persona Blast be damned, the fact that it's a 13K makes it instantly >>>> everything you can throw at it.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

Post by Ashiok Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:46 pm

Because wanting to win makes you a tier whore. Smile

At least it isn't a -3 like PBD/
    Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : -1

Post by Johnny Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:57 pm

Asura Kaiser wrote:Because wanting to win makes you a tier whore. Smile

It may as well be. It's basically telling you "You see this Counter Blast-eating clan? Never use it so you can get blocked by a Null Guard after reserving it for so long!" =/

PBD, while killing 3 Units, only costs 2.

The Counter Blast of 3 is what makes this thing eternally suck, not to mention that it unfortunately has to activate right when it attacks. JI ENDO has the pleasure of just waiting until the attack actually lands a hit, as well as only costing 2.
    Legend Zero
    Legend Zero
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 6

Post by Legend Zero Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:00 pm

I think the Persona is better than I initially thought. Use the Persona Blast when it hits the field to make your opponent waste a null and then they're already down for late game.

Still not better than The End or MLB though.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

Post by Ashiok Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:09 pm

Johnny Raptor wrote:

It may as well be. It's basically telling you "You see this Counter Blast-eating clan? Never use it so you can get blocked by a Null Guard after reserving it for so long!" =/

PBD, while killing 3 Units, only costs 2.

The Counter Blast of 3 is what makes this thing eternally suck, not to mention that it unfortunately has to activate right when it attacks. JI ENDO has the pleasure of just waiting until the attack actually lands a hit, as well as only costing 2.

I'd rather force the null and not minus myself like hell, than minus myself like hell and still get nulled.
    Shard
    Shard
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Shard Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:44 pm

Johnny Raptor wrote:

It may as well be. It's basically telling you "You see this Counter Blast-eating clan? Never use it so you can get blocked by a Null Guard after reserving it for so long!"

what?

Lol, SPs arn't that CB Heavy. Nemain, BD and the Phantom Blasters are the only units I can name off the top of my head that counterblast. Also the persona blast is only really good for "K, gonna end the game now. Try and topdeck 2 heals, I dare you." Also the higher cost is there for the fact your opponent can't see your hand and it's not a -3.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:59 pm

Shard wrote:what?

Lol, SPs aren't that CB Heavy. Nemain, BD and the Phantom Blasters are the only units I can name off the top of my head that counterblast. Also the persona blast is only really good for "K, gonna end the game now. Try and topdeck 2 heals, I dare you." Also the higher cost is there for the fact your opponent can't see your hand and it's not a -3.

ITT: Jordan thinks he's smart after playing with Overlord Paladins a few times.

Aren't you the one who brought up that PBD was better than PBO way back when I made the PBD Thread?
    Shard
    Shard
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Shard Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:03 pm

Rena Suzugamori wrote:

Lol, SPs aren't that CB Heavy. Nemain, BD and the Phantom Blasters are the only units I can name off the top of my head that counterblast. Also the persona blast is only really good for "K, gonna end the game now. Try and topdeck 2 heals, I dare you." Also the higher cost is there for the fact your opponent can't see your hand and it's not a -3.

Aren't you the one who brought up that PBD was better than PBO way back when I made the PBD Thread?

When did I say I think I was smart? Well after testing PBO more it seems much better just cause 13k. I can't think of another use for the persona blast other than basicially forcing nulls or making it nearly impossible for your opponent to topdeck heals to stay alive.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:08 pm

Shard wrote:
    Rena Suzugamori wrote:

When did I say I think I was smart? Well after testing PBO more it seems much better just cause 13k. I can't think of another use for the persona blast other than basicially forcing nulls or making it nearly impossible for your opponent to topdeck heals to stay alive.

Of course it'll be better just because 13k. Any idiot could've told you that.

The point of Damned Charging Lance and this Persona Blast is to basically drain out your opponent's hand. They'll either have enough to stop you or a null, but neither really ever has to hit. If anything, smacking opp with a +1 Critical skill is a bonus.

Oh, and that Heal Trigger bit has been proven wrong by Aichi. gg.

And to add on from your earlier statement about Counterblasts, get Nemains and Damned Charging Lance/Persona Blast going. They're pretty cb heavy.
    Shard
    Shard
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Shard Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:16 pm

Rena Suzugamori wrote:
    Shard wrote:
    Rena Suzugamori wrote:

The point of Damned Charging Lance and this Persona Blast is to basically drain out your opponent's hand. They'll either have enough to stop you or a null, but neither really ever has to hit. If anything, smacking opp with a +1 Critical skill is a bonus.

And to add on from your earlier statement about Counterblasts, get Nemains and Damned Charging Lance/Persona Blast going. They're pretty cb heavy.

Oh ok, I'm stupid then.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:19 pm

Shard wrote:
    Rena Suzugamori wrote:
    Shard wrote:
    Rena Suzugamori wrote:

Oh ok, I'm stupid then.

lovable baka <3
    Shard
    Shard
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Shard Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:25 pm

Rena Suzugamori wrote:
    Shard wrote:
    Rena Suzugamori wrote:
    Shard wrote:
    Rena Suzugamori wrote:

Oh ok, I'm stupid then.

lovable baka <3

/ok

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:02 am