Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Phantom Blaster Dragon

Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 17

Phantom Blaster Dragon Empty Phantom Blaster Dragon

Post by Ruby Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:08 am

Phantom Blaster Dragon 300px-43ac

CONT 【V】: When you have "Blaster Dark" in your Soul, this Unit gets Power +1000.

ACT 【V】: [Counterblast (2), Retire 3 of your Shadow Paladins] During this turn, this Unit gets Power +10000 and Critical +1.

Let's discuss Damned Charging Lance, and the implied idea of Shadow Paladins in general even though pretty much only, what, 2 Shadow Paladins follow the theme?
    Shard
    Shard
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : -5

Phantom Blaster Dragon Empty Re: Phantom Blaster Dragon

Post by Shard Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:44 am

eww, y u no other art. Also it's better than the crossride wtf.
    Ice
    Ice
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 0

Post by Ice Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:45 am

It's honestly ridiculous how much better this is than the cross. =/ Also, it's funny how whether you actually want to use this skill or not used to define your g3 lineup. Now SPs are pretty much just both Phantoms at 4 from what I've seen.
    Shard
    Shard
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Shard Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:48 am

This card is good, and PBO is just balls. Tbqh, it's skill is better because it's accessable earlier, and while it's a -3 it can still win games and 21k is still hard to block and 23k makes almost no difference against anything but another 13k vg. Aka: PBO sucks a**. PBD is amazing though.
    Ice
    Ice
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Ice Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:54 am

Exactly. PBO is so bad that it's outclassed not only by JI ENDO and MLB, but also by it's pre-evolution. I mean, this doesn't require a reflection in hand and takes up less damage as a cost. Plus, things like Nemain and Arianrohd post-skill are easy food for this, so it's not that hard to get resources, and something like a Nemain isn't some kind of giant loss.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:58 am

Hold on now, you two are getting ahead of yourselves. Phantom Blaster Overlord is still very much a good card. It's just not following what Phantom Blaster Dragon set up, and just copy/pasting the skill into an expensive Persona Blast.

I like how massive power is only coming out of 2 damage too. With cards like Dark Magician and Nemain, setting up Damned Charging Lance food is piss easy.
    Shard
    Shard
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Shard Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:03 am

Queen wrote:Hold on now, you two are getting ahead of yourselves. Phantom Blaster Overlord is still very much a good card. It's just not following what Phantom Blaster Dragon set up, and just copy/pasting the skill into an expensive Persona Blast.

I like how massive power is only coming out of 2 damage too. With cards like Dark Magician and Nemain, setting up Damned Charging Lance food is piss easy.

Dark Magician...? Why would you destroy gud cards liek drk magicun wen u can destruy ur opponents bad crds lik sangan?

Just kidding. Anyway, PBO isn't that good. It's basicially the freak misfit of the Crossrides. MLB is broken, JI ENNDO is borderline broken and PBO is... Uhh... Alright. I mean why is it's persona blast 3 not 2? And more to the point shadow palys can do swarm with Nemain and Dark Sage Bahblah whatever.
    Ice
    Ice
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Ice Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:09 am

Maybe going and making it seem like it's the worst card ever was going too far. It's certainly far superior to other things, but the fact that it's a preemptive Persona and that it requires 3 leaves a bit to be desired, especially when the original requires only two and no Persona, and as I said, there are quite a few "food" units for it's other cost, making it a bit cheaper.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:11 am

Shard wrote:
    Queen wrote:Hold on now, you two are getting ahead of yourselves. Phantom Blaster Overlord is still very much a good card. It's just not following what Phantom Blaster Dragon set up, and just copy/pasting the skill into an expensive Persona Blast.

Dark Magician...? Why would you destroy gud cards liek drk magicun wen u can destruy ur opponents bad crds lik sangan?

Just kidding. Anyway, PBO isn't that good. It's basicially the freak misfit of the Crossrides. MLB is broken, JI ENNDO is borderline broken and PBO is... Uhh... Alright. I mean why is it's persona blast 3 not 2? And more to the point shadow palys can do swarm with Nemain and Dark Sage Bahblah whatever.

cuz i hav teh bloo eyes whit dragun

Yeah, I will admit, PBO compared to the other Crossrides is somewhat lackluster. But there's a reason why it's one of the stronger decks up there with them. Persona Blast 3 is probably to make up for the fact that you will have a monster of a card up to 31k/33k that can either only be nulled, or your opp will waste a bunch of shields trying to protect themselves. And you're doing this without the cost of ripping up your field advantage like PBD does.

Not only that, but Dorago has a point too. Phantom Blaster Dragon had support designed to be used as food for it, and PBO only has the generic Crossride Caller card: Phantom Bringer Demon.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:39 am