Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blaster Dark & Returned Dragon, Phantom Void Dragon

Touya
    Touya
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 16

Blaster Dark & Returned Dragon, Phantom Void Dragon Empty Blaster Dark & Returned Dragon, Phantom Void Dragon

Post by Touya Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:15 am

Blaster Dark
    "We called you a worthy opponent. But at the end of the day, you are only meat devoured and cast aside..."

Grade 2/Human - Shadow Paladin, United Sanctuary/9000 Power/5000 Shield
    Continuous: [Vanguard Circle] If you have a grade 1 or less "Void" in your soul, this unit gets (Power)+1000.
    Auto: [Vanguard/Rearguard Circle] [Counterblast (2)] When this unit is placed on V or R, you may pay the cost. If you do so, choose one of your opponent's grade 2 or lesser rearguards on the front row, and retire it.

Returned Dragon, Phantom Void Dragon
    "...what's left is gnawed bone!"
    Grade 3/Abyss Dragon - Shadow Paladin, United Sanctuary/10000 Power/No Shield
    Continuous: [Vanguard Circle] If you have a "Blaster Dark" in your soul, this unit gets (Power)+1000.
    Auto: [Vanguard Circle] When this unit attacks a vanguard, if you do not have a "Blaster Dark" in your soul, this unit gets (Power)+3000 until the end of that battle.
    Auto: [Vanguard Circle] Limit Break 4: [Counterblast 2 units with "Void" in their name, retire 3 of your <<Shadow Paladin>> rearguards] At the beginning of the close step of the battle that this unit attacked a vanguard and that this unit's attack did not hit, you may pay the cost. If you do, [Stand] this unit, and it gets (Power)+10000 power and (Critical)+1 until the end of the turn. This ability can only be used once per turn.
    Continuous: [Vanguard/Rearguard Circle] Lord

I'm tired of the Shadow Paladins being terrible.

My experiment here is not part of an actual ride chain; Blaster Dark is a nostalgia throwback to BT04 because his backstory was centered on a quest for "power." I tried to go all-out with a limit break that had the same dramatic cost--this is one of the highest costs that I can think of since it's an especial CB2 retire 3 rather than Chromejailer and Spectral Duke's general counterblasts, and the cost is higher than PBD's because it is a limit break--ultimately you're still taking a -1 despite the skill being really good.

The experimental part of it is the 11k defense vs 13k attack. Basically you get the best of both worlds without actually being allowed to have both skills at once; either you get an 11k defense or with a hypothetical 10k booster, 23k offense. So your choice is being PBD or being CoCo, ideally to adjust based on whether the opponent is a break ride or a crossride.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:01 am