Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Remo
.Rai
The Monster of Surrealton
Garazza
Slender Thar
RAEG
Luna Ori
Armz
Kira
Dae of Judgment
Ashiok
HiveNet
Rodrigo
17 posters

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~ - Page 24 Empty Re: The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sun May 25, 2014 10:42 pm

Illyarcher wrote:
    Jordan, Lich Lord wrote:I've got a week of School left, and then a week long vacation at the Beach! Smile

What's up with you guys?
    [insert Alice Cooper's School's out for the Summer here]

Gonna be volunteering at my old highschool over Summer for the Computing department so I can shove it on my CV. Then it's card games, vidya and mango time again <3
    Funnily enough, that is the song I had playing all day Friday Smile

Rodrigo wrote:Have fun, Jordan! Don't forget to post your card for the challenge~

Still thinking on it, i want it to be very good Smile
    Armz
    Armz
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 36

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~ - Page 24 Empty Re: The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Post by Armz Wed May 28, 2014 3:47 pm

Last edited by Armz on Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:28 am; edited 1 time in total
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Thu May 29, 2014 6:58 pm

Hey guys Smile the beach has been pretty awesome so far.

How are all of you?
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Post by Rodrigo Thu May 29, 2014 8:06 pm

Pretty good, counting the days for my long winter vacation!
    Illyarcher
    Illyarcher
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 5

Post by Illyarcher Fri May 30, 2014 12:16 am

Literally sitting at home and playing vidya whilst going to work from time to time. God bless Summer. The vacation of all things anime/manga/vidya/cardgame.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Fri May 30, 2014 12:17 am

Illyarcher wrote:Literally sitting at home and playing vidya whilst going to work from time to time. God bless Summer. The vacation of all things anime/manga/vidya/cardgame.

That'll be me in 2 weeks, except replace "going to work from time to time" to "going to work every day" and add "watching the World Cup".
    Illyarcher
    Illyarcher
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 5

Post by Illyarcher Fri May 30, 2014 2:27 am

World Cup this year looks pretty hype.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Fri May 30, 2014 2:49 am

Illyarcher wrote:World Cup this year looks pretty hype.

Even more so when it happens here. <3
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Fri May 30, 2014 4:38 am

Gah, I swear Rod you're sig is so hypnotizing, I find my self following the tale for minutes at a time.

In other news, I have recently become quite interested in Set Design, started reading a lot of articles about it on Wizards site and on Salvation.

Thinking about trying to make my own sometime.
    Kira
    Kira
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 6

Post by Kira Fri May 30, 2014 12:29 pm

I've heard the World Cup in Brazil is one of the worst things to happen to Brazil as a country. Is that true?
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 22

Post by Dae of Judgment Fri May 30, 2014 2:21 pm

It is literally all they spend their money on.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Fri May 30, 2014 3:26 pm

That's not entirely true, Dae. But we're spending more public money than needed and that's terrible.
    .Rai
    .Rai
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 26

Post by .Rai Fri May 30, 2014 3:30 pm

Watched a documentary about the favelas in Rio. Interesting stuff. Lots of issues going on as the World Cup approaches. Was a slightly odd documentary due to the fact that a British middle-class showbiz woman was narrating and kept on referring to them as "our favelas".
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Fri May 30, 2014 7:08 pm

Eh, I'd never trust the media for this kind of judgment. Only being there to really know how it is.

And, since I don't live in the favelas, I can't tell you how it is exactly.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

Post by Ashiok Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:33 pm

GP Manchester was pretty awesome. I mean, I did absolutely shit, magic-wise, but other than that it was a blast. Also out of the 7 other people I was staying with 2 got in the top 100 and 1 got in the top 64.

I also may or may not have done some spending at vendors, including buying myself a foil Blood Artist and a promo Emrakul.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:12 pm

Ashiok wrote:GP Manchester was pretty awesome. I mean, I did absolutely shit, magic-wise, but other than that it was a blast. Also out of the 7 other people I was staying with 2 got in the top 100 and 1 got in the top 64.

I also may or may not have done some spending at vendors, including buying myself a foil Blood Artist and a promo Emrakul.

Glad you had a good time.

Do you like the promo Emrakul art better? Because I prefer the normal Emrakul art.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:15 pm

I prefer the normal Emrakul art by far, but the promo one's 2/3 of the price.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:52 pm

Ashiok wrote:I prefer the normal Emrakul art by far, but the promo one's 2/3 of the price.

Yeah, I figured this would be the deciding factor.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:11 pm

So, out of curiosity, how do you guys feel about the Conspiracy cards in EDH?

I think it'd be a fun little thing to do every once in a while Smile
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:04 am

It could be a new way to play indeed! Sounds fun.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:20 am

Also, I have found Plane Chase to be a very fun casual format to try out in the future Smile
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:38 am

I'm not a fan of the conspiracies themselves.

I'm also not a fan of planechase in how it can just stupidly favour one player and basically knock everyone else out of contention immediately.
    .Rai
    .Rai
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 26

Post by .Rai Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:20 pm

Conspiracies and the draft-changing robots are a cube thing. Cubers are gonna have a field day.

I agree that Planechase is a little swingy. With five players, Usurper's way better than free-for-all EDH. Less hectic. Assign someone as the King which is made public, the other four get assigned random, secret roles (2 Assassins, 1 Knight, 1 Traitor).

- King wins if he is the last one standing, or he and a Knight are the last ones standing.
    - Assassins win when the king's dead.
    - Knight wins if he and the King are the last ones standing.
    - Traitor wins if he is the last one standing.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:38 pm

.Rai wrote:Conspiracies and the draft-changing robots are a cube thing. Cubers are gonna have a field day.

I agree that Planechase is a little swingy. With five players, Usurper's way better than free-for-all EDH. Less hectic. Assign someone as the King which is made public, the other four get assigned random, secret roles (2 Assassins, 1 Knight, 1 Traitor).

- King wins if he is the last one standing, or he and a Knight are the last ones standing.
    - Assassins win when the king's dead.
    - Knight wins if he and the King are the last ones standing.
    - Traitor wins if he is the last one standing.

...this is a very interesting way to play Commander. We gotta try it someday.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:20 am

Perhaps this Saturday?  Smile I'm in the mood for a good EDH game.

So, how have you guys been? My sleep schedule is all backwards, so I've been up all night to reset it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:08 am