Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Ruka
RAEG
The Monster of Surrealton
Striker
Dae of Judgment
Welche
Ashiok
HiveNet
Jordan, Lich Lord
Kira
Rodrigo
15 posters

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~ - Page 40 Empty Re: The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:10 pm

Okay back finally, took a little while longer then I thought but I'm back Smile

You in the mood for a standard game? 1v1 EDH always seems to go by a little too quickly.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~ - Page 40 Empty Re: The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Post by Rodrigo Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:49 pm

Well sure, if you're still up, let's play some Standard :3
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:56 pm

Ah okay, I'll set up then Smile
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Post by Rodrigo Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:00 am

Ok~
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:15 pm

So, I was apparently invited to attend a "Congress of Future Medical Leaders" . Only the tuition to attend is over a thousand dollars, it's website says it's only 2 years old, and I cant find any reference to it outside of it's own websites and videos. No newspapers, no news programs or anything.

If this doesn't scream Scam, then nothing does. More likely then not, they just pulled my name from some list and it's a big ploy to get money.

In more cheerful news, I got out of school today for a Quiz Bowl match and then got to eat out, so this has been a good day Smile

Anyway, what's new with you guys?
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 22

Post by Dae of Judgment Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:24 pm

Well, I assume your research wasn't completely helpful or, no offense, done right.

http://www.futuredocs.com/
    http://www.gofundme.com/help-emily-go-to-congress
    http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/college-admissions/1531987-national-academy-future-physicians-medical-scientists-award-excellence.html?highlight=congress+of+future+medical+leaders

You're welcome and congratulations. Frankly, it isn't an honor and your name was just pulled from collegeboard. Don't go for it, it really means nothing.

"Hey there! Congrats on your invitation to The Congress of Future Medical Leaders! My name is Anna Alexa and I am the Director of Social Media for The National Academy of Future Physicians and Medical Scientists. You were selected based upon your GPA (current of cumulative) of 3.5 or higher and your stated interest in becoming a doctor. I encourage you to visit our website www.FutureDocs.com for more information regarding The Academy and The Congress. On our home page, you will find videos from our impressive line up of speakers made just for you!

We hope to see you in Washington!

Cheers,

Anna Alexa
    Director of Social Media
    The National Academy of Future Physicians and Medical Scientists
    202-818-8319 "
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:30 pm

I found those websites, but none of them looked particular trust worthy.
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 22

Post by Dae of Judgment Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:12 pm

Call the number then.
    Illyarcher
    Illyarcher
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 5

Post by Illyarcher Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:58 pm

I feel like I'm late to the party in only just realising new Gravekeeper support... The bloody counter trap though <333
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:19 am

So, I'm sitting here doing Trinomials for Algebra. Fun.

How are you guys?
    Illyarcher
    Illyarcher
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Illyarcher Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:08 am

Doing me some work on Finate-State Machines. They're pretty cool.
    I should really be studying for Linear Algebra though... I've really not did any work of that for about, 4 weeks... I MISS MY CARD GAMES OKAY!
    Kira
    Kira
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 6

Post by Kira Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:12 pm

I'm learning about power in physics. Legit fun there.
    Illyarcher
    Illyarcher
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Illyarcher Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:47 pm

Physics? Physics was awesome back in high school! Are you doing it at college or something?
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

Post by Ashiok Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:24 pm

Realised MTGO has phantom THS sealed tournaments for 10 Phantom points and I conveniently happened to have exactly 10.

Dunno what it is about THS sealed but I always end up in GB, though, which is weird. Still a greatly fun tournament.

I just wish I was this good at sealed when I play irl. I always do way better at it online for some reason.
    Illyarcher
    Illyarcher
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Illyarcher Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:52 pm

As a card game, is MTG better than something like CFV? Not inviting a flame war or anything... I kinda wanna try and give Magic another go...
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

Post by Ashiok Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:59 pm

I would say of any popular TCG (if not just any TCG) Magic is by far the best. It's had 20 years to define itself, with a resource system that keeps the game well balanced, with a multitude of formats. It has one of the best combat systems albeit slightly difficult to grok immediately, and rewards good deck design whereas most other TCGs practically build the decks for you with archetypes and the like.

-------

https://cardgamecoalition.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=4042

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:56 pm