Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Kira
Shaped Like Itself
Ashiok
Dae of Judgment
Dusk
LC
Ruka
Welche
Slender Thar
BlindMonkey
Luna Ori
Rodrigo
Raine
Jordan, Lich Lord
Kokonoe
Striker
Serenade
HiveNet
22 posters

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Serenade
    Serenade
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 11

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~ - Page 4 Empty Re: The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Post by Serenade Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:30 pm

I said I was gonna watch Vanguard, never actually got around to it.
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 7

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~ - Page 4 Empty Re: The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Post by HiveNet Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:34 pm

You should, its actually quite good. I learned how to play the game soley by watching it.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:36 pm

I did as well. It's a fun little show Smile
    Serenade
    Serenade
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Serenade Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:40 pm

I should, when I get the time, gotta eat my ice-cream first.
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by HiveNet Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:41 pm

I just like how it doesn't take itself so seriously. Its still a card game, not something that could end the world.
    Serenade
    Serenade
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Serenade Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:43 pm

What like YuGiOh's ridiculous story lines?

Like the Egyptian thing was alright but then Dark Duellists that took souls?
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:43 pm

HiveNet wrote:I just like how it doesn't take itself so seriously. Its still a card game, not something that could end the world.

Exactly^ I love that part.
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by HiveNet Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:46 pm

And no Yusie complex... Aichi is actually quite terrible.
    Dusk
    Dusk
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 33

Post by Dusk Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:01 pm

Wait. What?
    Why are there 2 Lounges?
    inb4slowpoke
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Post by Rodrigo Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:23 pm

Dusk wrote:Wait. What?
    Why are there 2 Lounges?
    inb4slowpoke

Slowpoke confirmed.

Because the forum automatically split the topic when it first reached 50 pages.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:48 am

So hows everyone else? Seems like it got quiet all of a sudden.
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 22

Post by Dae of Judgment Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:14 am

I was told not get get caught up with CF!!V! because it was bad.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Post by Rodrigo Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:19 am

Dae Breaker wrote:I was told not get get caught up with CF!!V! because it was bad.

Nah, it's cool.

Better than Yugioh anyway.

But MtG > all others
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:20 am

Dae Breaker wrote:I was told not get get caught up with CF!!V! because it was bad.

Who would tell you that? It's a great game.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

Post by Ashiok Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:41 am

CFV isn't comparable. At best it's a casual game, whereas one can realistically play competitively in Yugioh and MTG.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:42 am

Once more people get into it I see it getting more competitive.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:47 am

Jordan-The Manamancer wrote:Once more people get into it I see it getting more competitive.

The trigger system will stop it from ever being properly competitive.

And Bushiroad have stated they don't believe in tournament prizes in the past, giving a much smaller incentive to compete in the competitive realm.

They also only play 1 game, rather than a best-of-3.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:51 am

Chandra Ablaze wrote:
    Jordan-The Manamancer wrote:Once more people get into it I see it getting more competitive.

The trigger system will stop it from ever being properly competitive.

And Bushiroad have stated they don't believe in tournament prizes in the past, giving a much smaller incentive to compete in the competitive realm.

They also only play 1 game, rather than a best-of-3.

One day I see it having best of 3 games. That's how everyone I know plays it anyway. The triggers do make only 1 game bad.

It wont appeal to everyone of course but there will be some people.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:08 am

Compare it to yugioh or MTG's prize system. Trust me, those prizes make them that much more appealing to a competitive crowd.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:11 am

Chandra Ablaze wrote:Compare it to yugioh or MTG's prize system. Trust me, those prizes make them that much more appealing to a competitive crowd.

I know I play Magic and I like the prizes Smile
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Dae of Judgment Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:25 am

I am not talking much about the game, but the show itself.
    Which, I am also more a competitive player who likes the chance to do something completely random, which is why MtG has more of an impact on me.

CF!!V is good for the ability to have creativity in a casual format.
    YGO is a competitive, less creative.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:32 am

Dae Breaker wrote:I am not talking much about the game, but the show itself.
    Which, I am also more a competitive player who likes the chance to do something completely random, which is why MtG has more of an impact on me.

On the contrary, CFV is useless for creativity right now. Every deck has a very obvious structure, with only one or two cards differentiating them from eachother. The decks essentially build themselves. It's just a fun game if you like a casual dice roll of a game.

Yugioh is pretty much the middle ground for everything. It has more frequent tournaments than CFV and less than MTG. Good prize support but lower than MTGs, with a more lenient prize bracket. It does manage to be the cheapest when it comes down to being able to build really strong, metagame contending decks on a budget. MTG does have a couple of exceptions, of course, but they generally come and go and the best decks will always be super expensive. There's no such thing as a good, cheap CFV deck... Yugioh's also got a lot more room for creativity than CFV, while it does have the staples that every deck should run, naturally equating to the middle ground of creativity.

MTG has pretty much the best kind of support for all players, just not if you're on a tighter budget and want to play to win. But it's got the most space for competitive variance, and a ton of creative options.
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Dae of Judgment Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:51 am

Chandra Ablaze wrote:
    Dae Breaker wrote:I am not talking much about the game, but the show itself.

On the contrary, CFV is useless for creativity right now. Every deck has a very obvious structure, with only one or two cards differentiating them from eachother. The decks essentially build themselves. It's just a fun game if you like a casual dice roll of a game.

Yugioh is pretty much the middle ground for everything. It has more frequent tournaments than CFV and less than MTG. Good prize support but lower than MTGs, with a more lenient prize bracket. It does manage to be the cheapest when it comes down to being able to build really strong, metagame contending decks on a budget. MTG does have a couple of exceptions, of course, but they generally come and go and the best decks will always be super expensive. There's no such thing as a good, cheap CFV deck... Yugioh's also got a lot more room for creativity than CFV, while it does have the staples that every deck should run, naturally equating to the middle ground of creativity.

MTG has pretty much the best kind of support for all players, just not if you're on a tighter budget and want to play to win. But it's got the most space for competitive variance, and a ton of creative options.
    When I started to play CF!!V, it looked more creative than anything, but that was when it was majorly hit with interest on YCM, which was too long ago. I haven't kept up with it to be anything more.

YGO and MtG tournaments kind of run the same though. They have the top decks that everyone uses, you usually can expect what would normally come. They have Top Tier decks with their staples, and some variants of how it works.

MtG just allows for more competitive casual decks than can do well.

Each deck would have a variant, staples. It just has a wider range of cards and different style of play, which allows for more spread out ideas. Cards also are more focused on Flavor, the story, the story sometimes and not the game play. YGO is more about the gameplay from what I have seen. And MtG isn't based upon a tv show or book series, so it has more creative input.

But they really all have different forms of gameplay, card development and design, which is why you can't compare how they are but moreso of how they are played.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:14 pm

So how is everyone today?
    Striker
    Striker
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 3

Post by Striker Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:29 pm

Doing fine. Waiting for my Reach map pack to finish downloading.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:00 am