Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Kira
Shaped Like Itself
Ashiok
Dae of Judgment
Dusk
LC
Ruka
Welche
Slender Thar
BlindMonkey
Luna Ori
Rodrigo
Raine
Jordan, Lich Lord
Kokonoe
Striker
Serenade
HiveNet
22 posters

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Kira
    Kira
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 6

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~ - Page 23 Empty Re: The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Post by Kira Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:00 pm

Alright. I'll host. Pass: CGC
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~ - Page 23 Empty Re: The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Post by Ashiok Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:01 pm

HiveNet wrote:i've already had my kinda one.

it was cool, I won two games out of two. even survived Nicol Bolas Ultimate. I love my mill deck

How the f***...
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Post by Rodrigo Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:02 pm

Tamiyo wrote:
    How the f***...

idgi either

I mean

WTF
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:03 pm

I wanna know how as well, that sounds pretty crazy.
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 7

Post by HiveNet Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:18 pm

Basically, Guy goes Ultimate with Bolas. I drop my hand, left on 3 life and I have 8 land and a fog bank left.

So, he declaring attackers, with enough damage to kill me at least 4 times over.

Flashback think twice, draw into a fog. Drop it and live..

Next turn, I draw my Jace, Memory Adept. Drop him. Mill ten, and It was just enough to finish him. It was amazing.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:22 pm

HiveNet wrote:Basically, Guy goes Ultimate with Bolas. I drop my hand, left on 3 life and I have 8 land and a fog bank left.

So, he declaring attackers, with enough damage to kill me at least 4 times over.

Flashback think twice, draw into a fog. Drop it and live..

Next turn, I draw my Jace, Memory Adept. Drop him. Mill ten, and It was just enough to finish him. It was amazing.

This should become the finale of a MtG anime season.

Not to mention it is hilariously coincidental with the Jace vs Nicol Bolas theme on M13 and Duels of the Planeswalker.

You, sir, win at life.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:25 pm

Hive you are now the greatest magic player on these forums Smile
    Kira
    Kira
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Kira Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:24 pm

In other news, Jordan and I just crashed my Cockatrice xD
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:24 pm

I think I broke cockatrice Kira.

Edit-Ninjaed me Smile
    Kira
    Kira
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Kira Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:26 pm

I'm actually getting pretty nice with these Vampires. Got down to 1 health with Jordan, and still managed to win while Lifelinking myself up to 5 xD
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:27 pm

Vampires are pretty good as a deck, especially after you get experience with them. :3
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:28 pm

Am I the only one who thinks they're just like a worse Zombie deck, a lot of the time?
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:29 pm

Dang that turn 3 Lilliana Sad I had a 2/2 first strike proection from vampires.

and Chris most zombies cant fly and have first strike Smile
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:31 pm

Jordan, Lich Lord wrote:Dang that turn 3 Lilliana Sad I had a 2/2 first strike proection from vampires.

and Chris most zombies cant fly and have first strike Smile

But most Vampires can't constantly return, drain life and be above the power curve, while being the same colour combination and have a very similar playstyle.

Guess it's just the spike in me talking, but I'd probably never consider Vamps over Zombies.
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 7

Post by HiveNet Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:31 pm

Vampires are like Zombies, only they prefer to kill you without swarming from the grave. At least, at my locals thats how they are run.

Last edited by HiveNet on Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kira
    Kira
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Kira Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:32 pm

I don't like to build on the meta, but when I started up Magic, I didn't know the meta, so I just made what I could with the cards I had. It turned out to be the deck that I posted here. Also a pretty bad Infect deck. So I only made it as an improvement to the deck I have. If there is a good deck to make that I can make for cheap, I'm all ears lol
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:33 pm

Well Kira the deck I was playing is pretty cheap if you leave out the Parish.

Plus the Revolt-Commander-Kruin combo is fun to do Smile
    Kira
    Kira
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Kira Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:34 pm

Just because I don't know if it is or isn't, let me rephrase. I need a good STANDARD deck that's cheap. One I can use for my GP if I go.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:35 pm

Well, best to wait for rotation now, imo. Zombies will barely get hurt by it, but the same goes for Vamps. Only difference is I'd assume Vamps might actually be running Go for the Throat, which is leaving.

Personally, I'm not really bothering with standard right now anyway. Gonna wait until RTR to focus again, if I play it'll probably be with some kind of Trading Post variant, or MBC while I still can. Otherwise, I wanna start focusing on Modern and EDH more.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:36 pm

Yep it was all Standard Legal. Will be after rotation too.

Otherwise like chris said Zombies would be good to get into. Not sure how chaep they are though.
    Kira
    Kira
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Kira Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:37 pm

My Vamps are already post-rotation Standard, but they're expensive as all hell. So if there is a cheaper deck out there, awesome lol
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:40 pm

Zombies will likely come down to how expensive Gravecrawler and Geralf's Messenger are.

Oh and Falkenrath Aristocrat.

Shame Fume Spitter's rotating though, it's one of my favourite cards in the deck. :c
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 22

Post by Dae of Judgment Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:18 am

My exalted is stable at the locals right now. Will need fixing when RtR comes out, but is completely post-rotation viable.
    Kira
    Kira
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Kira Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:46 am

https://cardgamecoalition.forumotion.com/t1850-my-vamp-deck#21162

Check Rai's post on the Standard deck list. What cards are realistic to need to be traded to get them?
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:38 am

Ohaiyoo mina.

Long day today for me. Have to go for the Night Shooting on military, without a set time to finish. >_>

But it'll be very fun, the ammo has a trace of steam like those supersonic planes. Epic to watch.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:37 pm