Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
Yuzuru Otonashi
Kyng
Welche
Kokonoe
Luna Ori
Johnny
Light Yagami
Raine
Slender Thar
Shaped Like Itself
Ashiok
Shard
Rodrigo
Dog King
Serenade
J-Max
Dae of Judgment
Jordan, Lich Lord
Striker
23 posters

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~ - Page 34 Empty Re: The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Post by Ashiok Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:04 pm

Raine wrote:
    Chandra Ablaze wrote:
    Welche wrote:Chris minecraft is objectively good. It has sold 6 million copies as an indy game. Your opinion on this subject is personal and is generally wrong. Man the f*** up and deal with it.

Only 6 million? I expected such a "popular" game to have sold a lot more than that.

Don't see how my opinion is "wrong", you also act as if anything can be objectively good or bad. It's an imbecilic fallacy.

Why don't you "man the f*** up" and deal with my opinion?

Yes, respect their opinion as much as you expect them to respect yours.

Just saying, if their opinion involves them essentially lashing out, I have no reason to respect them as much as I except them to respect mine.
    Raine
    Raine
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 11
    Location : Second star to the right and straight on til morning

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~ - Page 34 Empty Re: The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Post by Raine Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:04 pm

Slender Thar wrote:
    Raine wrote:But serious but I've been seeing some amazing reviews for it's disturbing realism and war philosophy story.
    I've been seeing some BAD reviews on it as well, mainly on the terrible AI system and the lack of cover areas.

Yes, but you know I want, story...
    Raine
    Raine
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Raine Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:06 pm

Chandra Ablaze wrote:

Just saying, if their opinion involves them essentially lashing out, I have no reason to respect them as much as I except them to respect mine.

Preemptive aggressiveness, the logic is infallible.
    Slender Thar
    Slender Thar
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 6

Post by Slender Thar Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:06 pm

Chandra Ablaze wrote:Just saying, if their opinion involves them essentially lashing out, I have no reason to respect them as much as I except them to respect mine.
    That doesn't mean you have to enforce it. As long as you have your opinion, everyone elses' shouldn't matter.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:09 pm

Slender Thar wrote:
    Chandra Ablaze wrote:Just saying, if their opinion involves them essentially lashing out, I have no reason to respect them as much as I except them to respect mine.
    That doesn't mean you have to enforce it. As long as you have your opinion, everyone elses' shouldn't matter.

How did I "enforce" my opinion on anyone?

I stated my opinion, with reason, and suddenly people like Goose lashed out at me.
    Light Yagami
    Light Yagami
    Members
    Members

Rep : 0

Post by Light Yagami Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:11 pm

Chandra Ablaze wrote:
    Slender Thar wrote:

I stated my opinion, with reason, and suddenly people like Goose lashed out at me.

It's surprising enough people hear you say you don't like the game and it sounded like it wasn't that reasonable, perhaps?
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:13 pm

We're a forum about card games so lets stop arguing and talk about cardgames.

Anyone want to Cardfight?
    Raine
    Raine
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Raine Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:15 pm

NO CARDGAMES! I COME TO THIS SIDE OF THE FORUM TO AVOID THOSE!
    Slender Thar
    Slender Thar
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Slender Thar Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:16 pm

Chandra Ablaze wrote:

You asked how a game like that can be good at all, which does not have a reasonable answer, so fans of it can't answer it without it sounding like they're total morons to you either way for liking it and it's just not fair to them.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:16 pm

Raine wrote:NO CARDGAMES! I COME TO THIS SIDE OF THE FORUM TO AVOID THOSE!

This is Cardgame Coalition. There is no escape from them.

Slender Thar wrote:
    Chandra Ablaze wrote:

You asked how a game like that can be good at all, which does not have a reasonable answer, so fans of it can't answer it without it sounding like they're total morons to you either way for liking it and it's just not fair to them.

I'm sure if they love the game so much they can at least give some form of reasoning for it being good without immediately resorting to aggressive conduct.
    Slender Thar
    Slender Thar
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Slender Thar Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:22 pm

Chandra Ablaze wrote:I'm sure if they love the game so much they can at least give some form of reasoning for it being good without immediately resorting to aggressive conduct.
    But there is no reasoning because what makes it GOOD is their personal opinion on it being GOOD, not the elements in the game that aim to express it's quality, which imo is stupid because that's all that the reviewers look at.

And by the looks of it, people get aggressive because you're squeezing it out of them by countering with your own controversial views. Why they can't just shrug it off, IDFK.
    Shaped Like Itself
    Shaped Like Itself
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 12

Post by Shaped Like Itself Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:24 pm

So, I recently stumbled upon this in search of what the heck was popular on Yugico:
    http://yugico.com/user/16381-Blakjack/card/13329-Crystarium_Realm_/90791-Reserved_Playground
    There are no words. I created a Winged-Beast version of Spore without the once per duel clause, and I know this is hideously broken.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:24 pm

Because we like it for the reasons you hate it.

Anyway Im gonna go try to make a good PBO deck.
    Slender Thar
    Slender Thar
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Slender Thar Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:27 pm

I really need to get back to playing Magic: the Gathering again. There's a game store a few miles away that hosts Magic nights a couple times a week and a tournament once a week.

I'm going there for D&D, but I have like over a thousand cards just camping out under my TV.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:28 pm

Slender Thar wrote:I really need to get back to playing Magic: the Gathering again. There's a game store a few miles away that hosts Magic nights a couple times a week and a tournament once a week.

I'm going there for D&D, but I have like over a thousand cards just camping out under my TV.

Mine are under my computer printer Smile

All of them junk commons though.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:30 pm

I need to actually head down to the nearby FNM this Friday. The place does drafts over the summer, so it gives me a chance to actually do well.
    Slender Thar
    Slender Thar
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Slender Thar Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:31 pm

If drafts didn't cost money, I'd participate in them.
    But seeing as how I suck at making decks anyway, it doesn't make much of a difference.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:32 pm

So far ive only drafted M13 and Ive heard it's not a particularly good set to draft but I had fun.

It makes me excited when or when I find a good set then Smile
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:46 pm

M13's a good set to draft imo, because all the colours do exactly what they're meant to do.

White has some pseudo-removal, some good combination with multiple creatures out, and some good fliers.

Red has a ton of aggro and burn cards.

Black makes them discard and is great at sucking life and killing stuff.

Green makes all the big stuff.

Blue flies and uses its bounce/counter spells.

Even with all those factors though, it remains a very combat-based format, which is good.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:48 pm

Chandra Ablaze wrote:M13's a good set to draft imo, because all the colours do exactly what they're meant to do.

White has some pseudo-removal, some good combination with multiple creatures out, and some good fliers.

Red has a ton of aggro and burn cards.

Black makes them discard and is great at sucking life and killing stuff.

Green makes all the big stuff.

Blue flies and uses its bounce/counter spells.

Even with all those factors though, it remains a very combat-based format, which is good.

Given that it was my first draft I have no frame of refference but I thought the set was fun Smile I got to play cards that if I brought to FNM I would be slaughtered.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:51 pm

I've used online draft sims a lot for practice because I find them fun, but only used them with M13 and AVR, since they're the only ones where I know all the cards.

Personally I find M13 better because there's more balance with the colours, where in AVR imo there's no reason not to draft Blue.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:52 pm

Chandra Ablaze wrote:I've used online draft sims a lot for practice because I find them fun, but only used them with M13 and AVR, since they're the only ones where I know all the cards.

Personally I find M13 better because there's more balance with the colours, where in AVR imo there's no reason not to draft Blue.

What are some good online draft websites?
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 7

Post by HiveNet Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:54 pm

M13 is awesome. I got lucky with a pack, pulling Jace, and a foil Akromas memorial in the same one.

I also tried a draft tournament and did terribly.... really, really terribly. But, out of the two drafts I've done, i did a lot better with M13 than the other.

Magic is probably the biggest card game around my area, I think everyone I know, and two thirds of the people I've met recently play it. Which is fun.
    Striker
    Striker
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 3

Post by Striker Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:54 pm

I'm probably heading into the game when the next rotation starts. I don't want to pay for cards then immediately buy more.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:55 pm

Striker wrote:I'm probably heading into the game when the next rotation starts. I don't want to pay for cards then immediately buy more.

You can buy Inistrad, Dark Acension, Avacyn Restored and M13. There all staying in standard.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:16 am