Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
Yuzuru Otonashi
Yusei Fudou
Kyousuke Kousaka
Illyarcher
DanteSparda
Kira
Johnny
Jordan, Lich Lord
Shard
Ashiok
Serenade
Legend Zero
Ice
Rodrigo
Ruby
19 posters

Cardfight!! Vanguard Anime Discussion

Touya
    Touya
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 16

Cardfight!! Vanguard Anime Discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: Cardfight!! Vanguard Anime Discussion

Post by Touya Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:35 pm

Regarding the Vanguard manga, the translated chapters ended up on mangafox some time ago.

I'm...not so sure about what's going on in this episode preview. First, the sequence we're shown;

Spoiler:

The animators seem to be pulling a trick on us with regards to the chronology of what's happening in the preview. Earlier on we see Kai and Leon fighting with fully formed tables, then it shows a table forming in front of Leon later. Then when we see Leon with his dark chip Void, there isn't a clear transition from that scene to Maelstrom; the scene just changes with no panning upward or anything. So I don't think that the talk with Void and the appearance of Maelstrom are actually related--it looks like Maelstrom is from Leon and Kai's fight, while the Void talk is a flashback, rather than Maelstrom being in the flashback.

On the other hand, the water falling off of Maelstrom and the water that forms Leon's reflection could be from the same location, though that doesn't explain how Leon would be underwater since the frames of Maelstrom rising and roaring are...undersea...? (What kind of crazy density difference do you need to have an undersea ocean for Maelstrom to rise out of?) If Maelstrom is from the flashback and not the fight itself, then it seems that we're seeing how Leon initially brought Aqua Force back into this world than how he obtained Glory Maelstrom.

Also, it's difficult to notice in the distance frames, but in the close-up Leon's reflection seems to be smiling at him, as well as not moving when he is. So Void is taking the Nyarlathotep approach to his appearances? Does that mean that when Aichi meets it...we get yandere Aichi again?
    Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : -1

Cardfight!! Vanguard Anime Discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: Cardfight!! Vanguard Anime Discussion

Post by Johnny Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:37 am

Cardfight!! Vanguard Anime Discussion - Page 15 A9UgeVQCYAA1CuG

OH MY GOD THEY ALL GO TO THE SAME SCHOOL

foiwgrnierainoq3r4wtlrno
    Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Johnny Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:46 am

Cardfight!! Vanguard Anime Discussion - Page 15 697307872
    Cardfight!! Vanguard Anime Discussion - Page 15 697306904
    Cardfight!! Vanguard Anime Discussion - Page 15 697308621
    Cardfight!! Vanguard Anime Discussion - Page 15 697309357
    Cardfight!! Vanguard Anime Discussion - Page 15 697309018
    Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Johnny Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:47 am

Cardfight!! Vanguard Anime Discussion - Page 15 697311578
    Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Johnny Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:54 am

Cardfight!! Vanguard Anime Discussion - Page 15 697314112
    Cardfight!! Vanguard Anime Discussion - Page 15 697315705
    Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Johnny Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:25 am

The new series is being called Link Joker Hen or some shit.
    Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Johnny Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:44 am

f*** this shit.

Cardfight!! Vanguard Anime Discussion - Page 15 558996_10151264768302235_306702340_n
    Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Johnny Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:49 am

アニメ情報
    ・正式タイトルは「カードファイト!! ヴァンガード リンクジョーカー編」。
     レン、レオン、クリス等、いままでのキャラも登場。
    ・新キャラ、石田ナオキ、小茂井シンゴ設定公開。
    ・白と金の鎧を着たブラスター・ブレードが登場(ゴールドパラディン版?)
    ・EDはウルトラレア。
    ・「みにヴァん」アニメ化決定。
     製作はDLE。
     FLASHアニメになるようです。
    Official Title is Cardfight!! Vanguard Link Joker Arc/Chapter
    Ren, Leon, Chris and others return.
    New Characters include 石田ナオキ (Ishida? Naoki) and 小茂井シンゴ (Komoi Shingo).
    Blaster Blade appears in updated White-Gold Armor.
    Ending Song is by Ultra Rare

Mini-Van is getting an Flash anime (probably online) made by DLE (Dream Link Entertainment).
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 17

Post by Ruby Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:09 am

Johnny wrote:Cardfight!! Vanguard Anime Discussion - Page 15 558996_10151264768302235_306702340_n
    Johnny wrote:
    Blaster Blade appears in updated White-Gold Armor.

THE SOUND THAT CAME OUT OF MY MOUTH WAS NOT HUMAN
    Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Johnny Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:20 am

Noaki (the red hair new guy) uses Dragonic Lawkeeper.

Last edited by Johnny on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
    Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Johnny Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:22 am

Shard
    Shard
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : -5

Post by Shard Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:13 pm

So is Aichi in high school now? Please become good protaganist... Also dat Gold Royal Paladin? Link Joker arc sounds so unlike CFV I thought that was a joke at first lol.
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 7

Post by HiveNet Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:41 pm

The trailer seems to suggest that Aichi will be keeping Gold Paladins... Which I'm iffy about if its true.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:49 am

HiveNet wrote:The trailer seems to suggest that Aichi will be keeping Gold Paladins... Which I'm iffy about if its true.

He was always going to keep them, the new Golds are just Royals converted into Golds.

The opening song... doesn't really appeal to me as I thought it would.
    deep sigh
    Vanguard and Believe in my Existence are still my favorite ones then.

Is the new Kagero guy using Lawkeeper or Eraser, because it seems like he's using Narukami instead?
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 22

Post by Dae of Judgment Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:49 am

That actually looked like a Gold Blaster Blade right at :17. Awesome, imo. A new version of his old avatar. Kind of speculated something as such from one of the more recent episodes. Now Kourin is more involved is it? Awesome! I wonder how Loseumi feels about that.
    Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Johnny Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:12 am

Jade Harley wrote:
    HiveNet wrote:The trailer seems to suggest that Aichi will be keeping Gold Paladins... Which I'm iffy about if its true.

He was always going to keep them, the new Golds are just Royals converted into Golds.

The opening song... doesn't really appeal to me as I thought it would.
    deep sigh
    Vanguard and Believe in my Existence are still my favorite ones then.

Is the new Kagero guy using Lawkeeper or Eraser, because it seems like he's using Narukami instead?

Nah, we got it mixed. Somehow I confused Lawkeeper with whatever fugly Narukami that was which was in the same preview image as BT10's first spoiler pic.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

Post by Ashiok Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:49 pm

So, is it more or does the NG at like :59 look like Miraioh after it assumably "evolves"?
    Yuzuru Otonashi
    Yuzuru Otonashi
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 18

Post by Yuzuru Otonashi Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:50 pm

... Is it just me, or does the Narukami at 1:06~ look like Vermillion and Overlord?
    Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Johnny Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:14 pm

Episode 102: Trial of the Wind
    Newtype:
    ニュータイプ:The battle between Kai and Leon finally kicks off. Kai, pissed at Leon's schemes that play with the fates of "Clans", and stole peoples' most important things. Leon on the other hand, since "Aqua Force" had been sealed by "The Void", has been driven by the anger and pain of the Soryu clan who suffered. It's a brutal struggle between these two men as the fight gets increasingly more intense...

アニメージュ:The fierce fight between Kai and Leon continues. Aichi, Kamui and Misaki, worried about Kai's health, pass through the gap between realities, to where Leon is. But then, suddenly a severe headache pierces Aichi's head. As Misaki and Kamui worry, Aichi runs off ahead. On the other hand, Kai is... ... ...
    アニメディア:Soryu Leon wants to grant the dearest wish of his entire family, but Kai stands in his way. They engage in a brutal fight and...!?

Episode 103: Light and Void
    アニメージュ:For the resurrection of the Soryu family, the rebirth of the Aqua Force, Leon is willing to fight at any cost. But as he and Aichi engage in a fierce fight, the Power of the Void slowly begins to cover the surrounding area.

アニメディア:Q4 is forced into a desperate situation before the mind-boggling power of Leon and the Void, as he and Aichi fight a brutal battle against one another... ...!

Episode 104: Course of the Wind (The Series Finale of the Asia Circuit Arc)
    アニメージュ:The fight gets tougher and tougher. On the one hand, as the space between dimensions begins to collapse, the collapse is spreading to other places. Can Aichi's bond with his friends let him save both Earth and Cray!?

アニメディア:Cray has begun to completely collapse into nothingness. Gillian begs Leon to leave, but Leon continues to fight...
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by HiveNet Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:50 pm

I have to admit, that episode was nice, Leon's background was actually decent compared to a lot of things that have happened of late, and you can understand what happened more.

However I laughed at the reason Leon's people were stuck, becuase there was no wind in which to sail on... That's just hilarous in my mind, that they didn't plan for that eventuality.

Ren and Asaka vs the other to is great, makes methink that it will be Misaki and Kamui vs them afterwards. Since frankly, I doubt Ren and Asaka will win, given the plot armour around Aqua Force. And after a season of build up, for Misaki and Kamui to only use there Crossrides once would just be lame.
    Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Johnny Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:00 pm

Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:55 am

GLORY MAELSTROM'S ULTIMATE BREAK IS NAMED DIVINE BLOWING
    THE SERIOUS TENSION OF THESE FINAL EPISODES JUST FLEW SOUTH FOR THE WINTER

NOT TO MENTION THE END WITH AICHI AND KAI IS EVEN GAYER THAN EVER BEFORE
    Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Johnny Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:35 am

Did I forget to mention this week's episode is shit?

Because yeah. It's shit.

This is seriously going to be the first time I beg Takuto to do one thing; wipe the memories of the cast and the audience and replace them with Season 3.

It's only fair to since they had us sit through bullshit like Kai making terrible plays or Kai outright saying a kid losing his goddamned cards is on the same tier of bullshit as a guy's near-extinct clan trying to find a way to survive.

I mean, obviously they're the same f****** tier.

God, Kai, it's like going to tell a homeless guy that hasn't eaten in over a week that he should get over it because you skipped lunch just fine. >_>
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:09 am

Kai was just completely awful this episode. I hate him trying to tell Leon off when he's spewing the dumbest shit ever. Aichi doesn't give into evil to get Royals back, even though he has Golds. Leon didn't have a goddamn choice, it was either give into Void or the rest of them die.

Man I really like the antagonistic Leon a lot so far, he's great. Glory Maelstrom debut was lovely too.
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by HiveNet Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:07 pm

Well that sucked.

I shan't rant about it, but Kai lost all his cool... My main gripe with the episode though wasn't the terrible justification of Kai's fighting, which is mostly fown to card game logic in my view, but it's just how lousy it was compared to Kai vs. Ren.

Since that was the equivilant of this, and just everything in that went smoother. The crossrides were more dramatic (Although given how many of them there are now, that points sort of understandable) Kai was actually alright and was being noble, instead of this...

I do have to say Leon is soooo awesome in this. He's like a more likeable evil Ren, which is perfect imo.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:12 pm