Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

[Kagero] This is the Kai Toshiki

Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 17

[Kagero] This is the Kai Toshiki Empty [Kagero] This is the Kai Toshiki

Post by Ruby Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:50 pm

Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

[Kagero] This is the Kai Toshiki Empty Re: [Kagero] This is the Kai Toshiki

Post by Rodrigo Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:58 pm

Striken? Oh God yes.

I'll netdeck this because I have no clue how to build Vanguard decks anymore.
    Illyarcher
    Illyarcher
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 5

Post by Illyarcher Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:17 pm

I'd imagine Burning Horn would be fairly useless in this deck unless you couldn't hit Rebirth fast enough.

Kyute deck tho.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:34 pm

Striken speeds up pressure with a 21k swinging Overlord so they start dropping guards earlier. Feels better than Burning Horn who is borderline useless once you hit Rebirth anyway, unless you run out of Counterblasts. Even then it never felt useful before you ride Rebirth either. Besides, stable 10k works better for a ride.
    Lequier
    Lequier
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Lequier Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:29 pm

It's just a shame that Striken sets you up to lose against any kind of early rush imaginary to be honest. Since the best way to use Striken is to place attackers down in order to keep pressure up, they're going to be relatively weak unless you actually just commit everything that early but then you're setting yourself up to lose super quick which means that people will just guard against the weak ones with 5s and then take the 2 crit overlord. This is even more true when you consider that you're playing 6 crits instead of the standard 8-12, meaning your pressure game is considerably weak to every other Kagero deck.

There's also the fact that you're going to be destroyed by any deck that's good at piling on any kind of early game pressure, because Striken's going to eat at your hand advantage through the yummy Restraint and your rearguards are going to be pushed out in place of Striken when you try to make any kind of push.  This gives you considerable minuses, something which Overlord in particular does not want to see at any point of the game as it means they have to re-establish board presence while keeping their hand a reasonable size, which is something you really cannot afford in a game where decks like Glendiose exist. Eradicators are also still a deck and Beast Deities will have a field day with your choice.

Not a very optimal way to play the deck, but it's cute. I think you could easily make Striken a better choice if you just played more crits because then you won't feel bad if you push them from 1 -> 3 which most players will do. Pushing them to 4 means they start the ball rolling while you're still at relatively low damage, whereas them being at 3 gives them a chance to create a way back into the game. Especially against Overlord tbh, the deck is pretty slow before it does anything which is a reason why both Burning and Striken are good.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:52 pm

I'm using 6 draws to get everything desired for Crossbreak turn or just setting up a good field with Gojo cycling in general, but Striken hasn't been testing as well as I'd like. But again, neither has Burning Horn. That, and I feel that the pressure isn't as necessary because swinging twice with 23k does enough for me when I play.

I could play 8-12 crits and just be like everyone else, or I could just play Nehalem. Not sure which one is more favorable. I'd like a G2 that isn't a complete negative of a ride.
    Lequier
    Lequier
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Lequier Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:54 pm

Then play Bellicosity. More Rebirth turns by making some of your earlier pushing free is a good thing.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:55 pm

Isn't Bellicosity redundant when I have Gorom and nothing that actually counterblasts that early?
    Lequier
    Lequier
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Lequier Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:57 pm

Oh I forgot that you play the Lemonade clone instead of the Rising Phoenix. You could always play Flame Edge Dragon because that card isn't actually awful any more tbh.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:02 pm

... I guess? I mean... I'm... not really too sure on that since the soul isn't really an issue. Not sure I'd pick it over Nehalem but I'll try it.

I could -4 Striken and -1 Arabella and +3 Bellicosity +2 Berserk Dragon to have better field control and have a reliable ride actually.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 11:39 am