Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Local's Report.

HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 7

Local's Report.  Empty Local's Report.

Post by HiveNet Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:54 am

Today my local ish area did a proxied Vanguard tournie thing to celebrate and test the new set.

It's probably not going to intrest a lot of you, but I thought sharing my thoughts about some of the decks that emerged with the new set.

I was using a 'Mangatsu' ride chain Murakumo build. This is the specifics:
    Spoiler:

Match 1 - VS The Blood Narakumi.
    This was the worst Match-up he could have gotten, so this was a fairly easy way through:
    Game 1 - I ride smoothly to Storm, and abuse his Limit Break for game. At the end I have a 12 card hand, and even with the BLOOD, he can't break through.

Game 2 (We were doing it as best out of 3) - I can't get Storm into my hand, so I'm forced to ride ZANBAKU. Vermillion Catastrohe shatters my front row of 10k's and puts me at 5 damage, I draw and ride Storm and Limit Break for game. He'd had a hand with 3 Grade 3's in so he was stuff.

Match 2 - Duke Paladins.
    Game 1 - He get's double Critical on Duke during a Limit Break turn, before checking a 3rd with the next attack. Nowhere near enough hand to guard all of that.

Game 2 - Instead of going for the Ride Chain, I use Fushimi to snipe his RG so he can't get off Scout of Darkness's skill. His hand was fairly dead other wise, 2 Perfect Guards, and 2 Grade 3's. I ride Mangatsu Storm, he counters with Duke, and the game drags on until he use's Duke's limit break straight into 2 Perfect Guards. I finish it next turn.

Game 3.
    He gets Grade Locked at 2, and I just wear him down. By the time he rides Garmore, he's at 5 and I have 4 with a 8 card hand.

Match 3 (The final, since there were only 8 of us) - An Excalpate deck using Majesty Lord Blaster as back-up.
    Game 1 - He gets stuck with Galatin as his Vanguard for 2 turns, and I imply pick him apart.

Game 2 - I get Grade Locked at grade 2 for a turn, and get slammed by Maejsty Lord Blaster heading into an Excalpate next turn. If I had Guarded Excalpate against my Vanguard I would have had a combined hand and field of 2 cards...

Game 3 - He manages to go into Excalpate and counter blasts, however after a Heal Trigger, I survive and use Storm to punch him to death with my Limit Break. Hitting on Blaster Blade was such a nice feeling.

If you guys want anymore information I'll see what I get get from people, but enjoy anyhow.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:59 pm