Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[MtG] RSD1: Soul of the Drowned, Lorne's Gatekeepers, Temple Chant

.Rai
    .Rai
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 26

[MtG] RSD1: Soul of the Drowned, Lorne's Gatekeepers, Temple Chant Empty [MtG] RSD1: Soul of the Drowned, Lorne's Gatekeepers, Temple Chant

Post by .Rai Sun May 13, 2012 12:00 am

Reyne Spoiler Day. Also, some design notes.

Soul of the Drowned [MtG] RSD1: Soul of the Drowned, Lorne's Gatekeepers, Temple Chant Manau[MtG] RSD1: Soul of the Drowned, Lorne's Gatekeepers, Temple Chant Manau
    Creature - Spirit [MtG] RSD1: Soul of the Drowned, Lorne's Gatekeepers, Temple Chant 2r6i7gz
    Flying
    Channel - [MtG] RSD1: Soul of the Drowned, Lorne's Gatekeepers, Temple Chant Manau, Discard Ghost of the Drowned: Tap target creature. It does not untap during its controller's next untap step.
    [2/1]

Lorne's Gatekeepers [MtG] RSD1: Soul of the Drowned, Lorne's Gatekeepers, Temple Chant Mana2[MtG] RSD1: Soul of the Drowned, Lorne's Gatekeepers, Temple Chant Manaw
    Creature - Human Soldier [MtG] RSD1: Soul of the Drowned, Lorne's Gatekeepers, Temple Chant 2r6i7gz
    Vigilance
    Whenever another creature is tapped, you may tap this untapped creature to untap that creature.
    The gatekeepers let through the weak and weary into Harleia, and reject those who seek malice.
    [2/2]

Temple Chant [MtG] RSD1: Soul of the Drowned, Lorne's Gatekeepers, Temple Chant Mana1[MtG] RSD1: Soul of the Drowned, Lorne's Gatekeepers, Temple Chant Manaw
    Instant [MtG] RSD1: Soul of the Drowned, Lorne's Gatekeepers, Temple Chant 2r6i7gz
    Gain 2 life. Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature.
    "The priests at Equinox Temple wake each morning at dawn, drowning out the birds' song with verse of their own."

Design Notes
    These cards were designed specifically as part of the Reyne design skeleton. With some early knowledge that I can pass, I've already spoiled the Myriad mechanic earlier in the week, and the set has a strong +1/+1 counter theme. White has Instant speed counter adding, like in Temple Chant, while Green has Sorcery speed counter adding. To compensate, Green's counter adding is significantly larger.

Another theme in the set is to do with tapping and untapping. White deals with untapping creatures; Blue with tapping them. Lorne's Gatekeepers was designed simply as a flavoursome card to go in the untap skeleton at Common. Similarly Soul of the Drowned showcases three things: Blue's small Spirit theme (like White's, but decidedly more aggressive), the returning ability word - Channel, and Blue's tapping niche in the set.

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:02 pm