Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JOU/BNG/THS Draft - RW Aggro

Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

JOU/BNG/THS Draft - RW Aggro Empty JOU/BNG/THS Draft - RW Aggro

Post by Rodrigo Thu May 01, 2014 10:06 pm

THE DECK

1 Ajani's Presence
    1 Loyal Pegasus
    1 Mortal's Obstinacy
    1 Nyxborn Rollicker
    1 Nyxborn Shieldmate
    1 Oppressive Rays
    1 Vanguard of Brimaz
    1 Oreskos Swiftclaw
    1 Reprisal
    1 Revoke Existence
    1 Sigiled Skink
    1 Stonewise Fortifier
    2 Bolt of Keranos
    1 Wingsteed Rider
    1 Minotaur Skullcleaver
    1 Spearpoint Oread
    1 Akroan Phalanx
    1 Bladetusk Boar
    1 Ill-Tempered Cyclops
    1 Portent of Betrayal
    1 Purphoros's Emissary
    1 Pharagax Giant
    1 Thunder Brute
    8 Plains
    8 Mountain

THE DRAFT

Pack 1 Pick 1 was Revel of the Fallen God. There wasn't any common or uncommon that I saw potential in building around, so I just picked a card I wanted (even though it's not very good and not expensive). Then I forced RW, hoping to get at least 1 Satyr Hoplite, but it didn't happen. The RW base was still pretty nice so I went with it.
    Pack 2 Pick 1 was Vanguard of Brimaz. The rare was Nessian Wilds Ravager and I didn't feel like moving to green at this point. I could get a couple of Bolts, a Loyal Pegasus and a Phalanx, so it was all good. The pool wasn't looking so bad.
    Pack 3 Pick 1 was a pain in the a**. There were SEVEN cards that are extremely good in my deck, including the rare Hammer of Purphoros. Ended up with the Emissary because it's just so good. Passed an Akroan Hoplite hoping it'd wheel, but there was another player with RW. Ended up not using many THS cards because all of the good ones were in a single pack. Ugh.

THE GAMES

Game 1 was against a newbie in draft. His deck was Green and Blue because his P1P1 was Kruphix. It had a lot of card draw but in the first game he couldn't stop me from my aggro plan. In the second game, I lost due to none of us realizing Tromokratis is legendary, and he used Polymorphous Rush to transform his other 2 creatures into Tromokratis and attack with 24 unblockable power. Game 3 was a breeze, he couldn't slow me down and I won easily.

Game 2 was the mirror match. Lost the first game due to Hold at Bay. I shouldn't have underestimated that card. But the real pain in the a**, all three games, was Akroan Mastiff. Damn, that thing's annoying and I didn't know how good it could be. I did asspull a win by "miracle-ing" Bolt of Keranos when he was at 2 life, but I ultimately lost the match due to some mana screw.

Game 3 was against another newbie with a BUG deck. He wasn't very good and that Vaporkin that couldn't block anything I had didn't help him, so I won 2-0 easy.

Ended up in 3rd place, got 2 boosters, pulled Felhide Spiritbinder and Master of the Feast.

But what matters is the fun. Drafting is awesome!

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:07 am