Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

At the end of an Era (Standard U/W Control)

Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

At the end of an Era (Standard U/W Control) Empty At the end of an Era (Standard U/W Control)

Post by Ashiok Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:01 pm

4 Tamiyo, the Moon Sage
    2 Gideon Jura

4 Augur of Bolas
    4 Solemn Simulacrum
    2 Consecrated Sphinx

4 Ponder
    4 Terminus
    4 Oblivion Ring
    4 Vapor Snag
    3 Day of Judgment
    2 Entreat the Angels

9 Island
    6 Plains
    4 Glacial Fortress
    4 Seachrome Coast

This is the deck I've been tinkering for quite a while now, trying to get the right balance in numbers, and since so many of the key cards are rotating soon, I felt now may as well be a good time to post to see if I can get some last suggestions.

Right now, it's proven to be very consistent, ultimating Tamiyo virtually every single game, but I feel like it could still improve.

Also, I've been bouncing between Frost Titan and Consecrated Sphinx an absolute ton and I'm still not entirely sure which to go with. Frost Titan's significantly harder to remove and can still make an impact on the board immediately, albeit a small one, but Consecrated Sphinx just nets so much advantage if it just lives until their draw step, and from there it can't really get worse even if it dies.

Augur is another card I'm kinda iffy on, but it's such a good card for early defence, and has a good chance to grab a decent card at any point in the game, just annoying when it reveals Terminus or Entreat early on.
    .Rai
    .Rai
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 26

At the end of an Era (Standard U/W Control) Empty Re: At the end of an Era (Standard U/W Control)

Post by .Rai Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:11 pm

I'm sure there's a way to play this next format too. Especially as Jace and Tamiyo are best buddies and they don't even invade on the same mana slot.

Iffy on Augur too. Much rather play Mana Leak.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

At the end of an Era (Standard U/W Control) Empty Re: At the end of an Era (Standard U/W Control)

Post by Ashiok Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:51 pm

.Rai wrote:I'm sure there's a way to play this next format too. Especially as Jace and Tamiyo are best buddies and they don't even invade on the same mana slot.

Iffy on Augur too. Much rather play Mana Leak.

It's quite possible, but no DoJ or Ponder makes me really iffy on it.

Also no Snag loops after Tamiyo's ultimate for infinity damage makes me sad.

Jace will be handy, though, easily, and I'm hoping Detain is on enough good cards.

Mana Leak's a terrible card when I play for the long game, Augur at least has value at all points of a game, while having a nice toughness.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 11:38 pm