Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Keyword Ability: Sublime

Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 22

Keyword Ability: Sublime  Empty Keyword Ability: Sublime

Post by Dae of Judgment Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:27 am

Keyword Ability: Sublime  MediateSoldier_zps332a40fd

A basic entry to the beginning of Sublime as a Keyword Ability.

The Returning Keyword Ability is: Conspire.

Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

Keyword Ability: Sublime  Empty Re: Keyword Ability: Sublime

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:41 am

Interesting. I like it. Makes some creatures that are a little lackluster or average expand their use.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Post by Rodrigo Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:26 am

This one has potential to be a very nice mechanic, if developed right.

Would it become too powerful if it had a number like Bushido?
    .Rai
    .Rai
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 26

Post by .Rai Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:25 pm

I like it, although it's much, much more powerful than the Innistrad Vampire slith ability. Unlike the Innistrad Vampires, the mechanic snowballs very quickly.

It's not necessary, but as Rod said, you can stick on a number like Bushido has done. A little bit more ugly, but adds tons more design space.

So far, I don't see a lot of synergy between Sublime, Inhabit and Convoke. I might be missing something, but it might be worth finding another synergistic mechanic to bring some of them together.
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 22

Post by Dae of Judgment Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:50 pm

Jordan, Lich Lord wrote:Interesting. I like it. Makes some creatures that are a little lackluster or average expand their use.

That was the idea. I got the concept through! Yes! Thanks.

Mirai wrote:This one has potential to be a very nice mechanic, if developed right.

Would it become too powerful if it had a number like Bushido?

I plan to develop it right, so lets hope it is going to be a nice mechanic.

I wouldn't think so, but I wanted to be on the safe side with it. I wouldn't really want to make something entirely strong, but it would be nice to be on par with Inhabit. I could attempt it, though. I'll probably post a card with the updated version.

.Rai wrote:I like it, although it's much, much more powerful than the Innistrad Vampire slith ability. Unlike the Innistrad Vampires, the mechanic snowballs very quickly.

It's not necessary, but as Rod said, you can stick on a number like Bushido has done. A little bit more ugly, but adds tons more design space.

So far, I don't see a lot of synergy between Sublime, Inhabit and Convoke. I might be missing something, but it might be worth finding another synergistic mechanic to bring some of them together.

I plan to keep this to mostly White and Green. Black and Red aren't going to get this ability in this set. Could work with the number though, I guess I post an update card to see the better of the two. I just thought it was too strong.

There is no complete synergy between the 3 abilities right now. I wanted to keep them apart for now, and allow the archetypes to be developed from that means. The one that stands out the most, if anything, is Sublime. I could end up scrapping that for a better ability, or have 4 abilities in the set to find or work on a more synergistic ability.

Conspire and Inhabit were going to be for all colors, but are going to be tertiary for a one or two. I think Sublime doesn't fit here, though, so it might be best to scrap it for now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:25 pm