Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Welche
Smesh
Serenade
Icy
Dae of Judgment
Garazza
.Rai
Jordan, Lich Lord
Ice
Kira
Rodrigo
Ruby
16 posters

Doctor Who

Illyarcher
    Illyarcher
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 5

Doctor Who  - Page 7 Empty Re: Doctor Who

Post by Illyarcher Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:07 pm

Daaayyyy offf thee DDooooooccctttoooror omgomgomgomgom
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Post by Rodrigo Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:50 pm

Maybe I should have gotten around to watch Doctor Who before.
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 7

Post by HiveNet Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:29 pm

Well it was without doubt the best episode of the Moffat era. Despite Matt Smith getting outshadowed in episode by the other two.

I also think the humour in it was really really well done.

All in all... Moffat delivered when he needed to. Which was refreshing, it would've been disapointing otherwise. Given the 50th aniversary and all.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 17

Post by Ruby Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:11 pm

I sort of feel a tad bit disappointed due to Moffat writing an enormous plot hole with the whole Gallifrey thing in the first place... but that aside this was brilliantly written on other points. Tennant was having fun, you could see it in him whenever he smiled and he stuck to his character 100%. He also proved to be an enormous dork for his final appearance by threatening a rabbit and his heart-wrenching memorable last line. Rose's appearance was done well. Matt... well, to be honest, I was more focused on Tennant but Matt was doing great and having fun like Tennant was. Clara wasn't as appealing to me like she was before though...

Horribly sadden by the fact that we may never see the Tenth Doctor again, but my spark for the series has returned a bit.

Spoiler:
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 7

Post by HiveNet Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:16 pm

I think that Matt kinda over-shadowed by the other two Doctor's. Because really... His character is a bit flat in comparison (In my eyes)

The Galifrey part was I feel Moffat doing something stupid in a not dumb way. He handled it fine, despite how it trashes a lot of Who canon. But it's not like Moffat's ever really cared for that.

And Tennant being a Dork was refreshing when you consider the timing of all this: Since this for him happened between Waters of Mars and The End of Time, and it's just nice to see that he was still capable of having fun in time frame.
    Illyarcher
    Illyarcher
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 5

Post by Illyarcher Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:48 pm

No but, wouldn't the Galifrey part constitute as a fixed point in time? This is literally, the only thing that is annoying me about the whole episode.

Feels good seeing it in the "third-dimension" since I think only we got a scene not everyone else would...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:12 pm