Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
.Rai
Rodrigo
6 posters

Let the Theros preview season begin!

Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Let the Theros preview season begin! Empty Let the Theros preview season begin!

Post by Rodrigo Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:37 am

With 5 new awesome cards!

Let the Theros preview season begin! 5qQMYdVHPKA_EN_LR    Let the Theros preview season begin! ZbrLIPaDFxl_EN_LR

Let the Theros preview season begin! QJeazbnbFUG_EN_LR    Let the Theros preview season begin! PnTym03jcC4_EN_LR

Let the Theros preview season begin! HmtKl5Od0lz_EN_LR

BONUS: Thassa, God of the Sea!

Thassa, God of the SeaLet the Theros preview season begin! Mana2Let the Theros preview season begin! Manau
    Legendary Enchantment Creature - GodLet the Theros preview season begin! Theros-mythic
    Indestructible
    As long as your devotion to blue is less than five, Thassa isn’t a creature. (Each Let the Theros preview season begin! Manau in the mana costs of permanents you control adds to your devotion to blue.)
    At the beginning of your upkeep, scry 1.
    Let the Theros preview season begin! Mana1Let the Theros preview season begin! Manau: Target creature you control can't be blocked this turn.
    5/5

Things to notice:

• Enchantment Creatures confirmed, and all of them will have that starry border; thus, the Gods are also Enchantment Creatures
    • Up to now, all the Monstrous creatures are more efficient P/T wise than its mana cost suggests, on average
    • Devotion is Chroma, remade
    .Rai
    .Rai
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 26

Let the Theros preview season begin! Empty Re: Let the Theros preview season begin!

Post by .Rai Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:53 am

I liked Monstrosity since Polukranos was previewed, but I still hate how it's worded. Why is a keyword action a noun? Others are all verbs for good reason. To scry, to fight, to attack, to block, to populate...to monstrosity? If it wasn't worded so weirdly, I'd probably love the mechanic.

Devotion is some weird-a** mechanic. It's obviously the retweaked mechanic as teased (since it's a simpler Chroma). I'm on the fence with this, but this is mainly since I like really clean mechanics like Flashback. Still, Abhorrent Overlord looks like a hilarious Mono-Black finisher, although probably bad.

Heroic's good, Bestow's awesome (reworking Licids is amazing).

So, what the last mechanic is the returning one? According to rumours, it might be scry. Edit: Well, you just ninja'd me on that.
    Kira
    Kira
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 6

Let the Theros preview season begin! Empty Re: Let the Theros preview season begin!

Post by Kira Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:59 am

And, worth a mention though probably known by now, no Elves on Theros.
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 7

Post by HiveNet Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:02 pm

Let the Theros preview season begin! Thassamock

Image of the God.

As for the rest of it: I love Bestow, it could be really really good as it plays out. Just a question: Since there's one of the 5 colours for each of these promo's, are these going to be the cover cards ofthe starter decks?
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:06 pm

Yes! This is awesome!

I declare this set my favorite just from this.

I mean, Bestow makes your auras not useless if your creature dies so that's great.

Devotion sounds strange but cool too.

Whenever I see 7 I usually think bad for standard, but that Demon just sounds great.
    Capricorn El Cid
    Capricorn El Cid
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 19

Post by Capricorn El Cid Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:26 pm

Somebody saw this?
    Let the Theros preview season begin! 1235475_10201128805135060_643155783_n

Its...kinda OP...

HiveNet wrote:Let the Theros preview season begin! Thassamock

Image of the God.

As for the rest of it: I love Bestow, it could be really really good as it plays out. Just a question: Since there's one of the 5 colours for each of these promo's, are these going to be the cover cards ofthe starter decks?
    Those are exactly what they are
    .Rai
    .Rai
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 26

Post by .Rai Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:32 pm

The Legendary Kraken is definitely fake. Islandwalk reminder text is wrong, Monstrosity itself is wrong, and there are a couple of overall wording mistakes.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:32 am