Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Ashiok
.Rai
Jordan, Lich Lord
Rodrigo
8 posters

Desecration Demon [NEW PREVIEW CARD]

Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Desecration Demon [NEW PREVIEW CARD] Empty Desecration Demon [NEW PREVIEW CARD]

Post by Rodrigo Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:30 pm

There you go, the broken Black card.

Desecration Demon [NEW PREVIEW CARD] OkOLk
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

Desecration Demon [NEW PREVIEW CARD] Empty Re: Desecration Demon [NEW PREVIEW CARD]

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:31 pm

Yes! I love demons and having something like this will be fun Smile
    .Rai
    .Rai
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 26

Desecration Demon [NEW PREVIEW CARD] Empty Re: Desecration Demon [NEW PREVIEW CARD]

Post by .Rai Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:32 pm

What, so it's Abyssal Persecutor except its drawback is basically a benefit anyway?

ohmygod this is amazing playing black forever
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:33 pm

4 for a 6/6 flying that gets stronger if your opponent sacs a creature Smile I love the sounds of it.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

Post by Ashiok Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:35 pm

So we have this, Mutilate, Barter in Blood, Sign in Blood, 2 Lilianas, Nighthawk, Duress, Ravenous Rats... Now just give us a cheap removal spell that can kill Zombies and MBC is set.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:37 pm

Yeah from what Chris said this makes me want to try out MBC now Smile
    Capricorn El Cid
    Capricorn El Cid
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 19

Post by Capricorn El Cid Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:40 pm

Fun thing is that if you untap it after it's been tapped it can Still attack...XD

Bad thing is that It can't also be used as a Blocker if needed...but you won't be wanting to do that...XD
    .Rai
    .Rai
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 26

Post by .Rai Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:46 pm

Blood Artist makes this insane.

6 damage or 1 damage, a sacrifice and pump the monster of your impeding doom. Oh, and 'dem Lilianas.

Mono-Black Aggro/Control thing. Tier 2, at least (and that is literally because of thing).
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 7

Post by HiveNet Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:53 pm

O.o....

I need to get my hand on some of these when released. How many do you think is good? For some reason I think 4 would clog. 3 perhaps?

And yes, this + Blood artist means, you are in a terrible situation. Especially if there are multiple artists.

Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:54 pm

This is a must-have @4. They have to sac multiple creatures just to attack, or to stop them attacking, just by controlling more than 1.
    Capricorn El Cid
    Capricorn El Cid
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 19

Post by Capricorn El Cid Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:34 am

Guys Guys Guys

This is also a loveable thing to follow up with...wait for it...Jarad!
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:35 am

You know I was just thinking about that Smile A turn 4 or 5 deal 6 damage with jarad would be fun.
    HSektor
    HSektor
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 16

Post by HSektor Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:06 am

2 mana 5/5 with heartless summoning. AWESOME.
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 4

Post by Kyousuke Kousaka Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:11 am

HSektor wrote:2 mana 5/5 with heartless summoning. AWESOME.

hotababittawahatabatah.

Holy shit. Suddenly, my mind is full of ideas.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:11 am

Yikes that's even cooler Smile

All these spoilers make me want to try out so many decks Smile

2 mana for a 5/5 Flying...even better Smile
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Kyousuke Kousaka Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:16 am

Is Heartless Summoning a consideration for MBC? It negs your creatures, but hell if it doesn't make you have better acceleration at getting tools like this out and then keeping your resources ready for your removal/handrape.

Of course, that eliminates Blood Artist, which is such a good card for the archetype...
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:26 am

People have also talked about Heartless Summoning with the Unleash creatures to get a cheap creature without the drawback.
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Kyousuke Kousaka Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:30 am

Tamiyo wrote:So we have this, Mutilate, Barter in Blood, Sign in Blood, 2 Lilianas, Nighthawk, Duress, Ravenous Rats... Now just give us a cheap removal spell that can kill Zombies and MBC is set.

So Tragic Slip doesn't count?

Tbh, I was thinking about teching Dead Weight simply because -2/-2 does kill a lot of the more problematic Zombies off.

It's sorc speed, which is incredibly awkward, but with the amount of board management MBC has, it's not bad when you give it some consideration.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:08 am

Kyousuke Kousaka wrote:
    Tamiyo wrote:So we have this, Mutilate, Barter in Blood, Sign in Blood, 2 Lilianas, Nighthawk, Duress, Ravenous Rats... Now just give us a cheap removal spell that can kill Zombies and MBC is set.

Tbh, I was thinking about teching Dead Weight simply because -2/-2 does kill a lot of the more problematic Zombies off.

It's sorc speed, which is incredibly awkward, but with the amount of board management MBC has, it's not bad when you give it some consideration.

No, a -1/-1 spell doesn't count.

Frankly, when you're playing MBC, that's what it'll be a lot of the time, since you only have to remove 1 thing, or you want a board wipe anyway. The fewer cards you invest in removing a field presence, the better.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Post by Rodrigo Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:41 pm

To be honest, Dead Weight and Tragic Slip are budget options. I run 3 Dead Weight on my IRL MBC.
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Kyousuke Kousaka Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:03 pm

Tamiyo wrote:
    Kyousuke Kousaka wrote:

Frankly, when you're playing MBC, that's what it'll be a lot of the time, since you only have to remove 1 thing, or you want a board wipe anyway. The fewer cards you invest in removing a field presence, the better.

Sacrificing works with Morbid, though. So swinging with Desecration can eliminate two threats, not just one.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:18 pm

Kyousuke Kousaka wrote:
    Tamiyo wrote:
    Kyousuke Kousaka wrote:

Sacrificing works with Morbid, though. So swinging with Desecration can eliminate two threats, not just one.

And needing another card on the field and to work the way you want it to when you're giving your opponent a choice in the first place makes it so ridiculously inconsistent that it's terrible.
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Kyousuke Kousaka Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:19 pm

Tamiyo wrote:
    Kyousuke Kousaka wrote:
    Tamiyo wrote:
    Kyousuke Kousaka wrote:

And needing another card on the field and to work the way you want it to when you're giving your opponent a choice in the first place makes it so ridiculously inconsistent that it's terrible.

Fair enough. Until I see otherwise, though, I'm probably going to run it in my post-rotation build.

Shame that Murder's 3 CMC, too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:39 am