Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Advertisement Suggestion Thread

Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 17

Advertisement Suggestion Thread Empty Advertisement Suggestion Thread

Post by Ruby Mon May 27, 2013 1:29 am

In case it wasn't obvious: life has been drastically receding here on CGC. The Magic community is the only consistent posting I see here. Getting members isn't the issue as much as simply getting members to post. I want to know if there's anyone here with any sort of idea to convince members of posting regularly, and I don't mean just for one section. I want life to spring from as many as possible. General, Music, we could even try to spring up the roleplaying section if possible.

This thread really wouldn't be as necessary since as an area of Suggestion, people could just post a bunch of other threads for ideas, but I feel this is better and help address everything without flooding.

This is a pretty good chance to become a contributor, which is a rank of various abilities for non-staff. Come on, anything to help out guys?
    Kira
    Kira
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 6

Advertisement Suggestion Thread Empty Re: Advertisement Suggestion Thread

Post by Kira Mon May 27, 2013 3:59 am

Is there any way in the code for this to implement a shop? I remember making one on a forum I made (It was terrible. The starting member base was never going to be enough to keep it afloat) and it seems like a really nice way to get people posting. Certain sections get certain points, and those points can be spent on virtual prizes and also exist as monetary units. I would compare it to a site that once had this system in place, but we don't speak of it. I figure, more points in the deader sections, less or no points in the more active areas.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 17

Post by Ruby Mon May 27, 2013 4:12 am

That sounds like a relatively idea. I'm not sure if Forumotion can be coded for it however, since the points themselves will probably take some extra work to fit in. Unfortunately, it's for the same reason as that is why I'm not sure what would be available in the shop aside from Name Changing. Prizes are a problem, basically.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 1:55 pm