Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Barcgal [No Superior Ride]

Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 17

Barcgal [No Superior Ride] Empty Barcgal [No Superior Ride]

Post by Ruby Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:39 am

Barcgal [No Superior Ride] 300px-VGE_BT01-003ENBarcgal [No Superior Ride] 300px-VGE_BT01-012EN

Flogal isn't the point so it's not up there. I wanted to talk about mainly these two.

Let's pretend Llew is a vanilla Trigger. No Counterblast, no Superior Ride, no filling-up-soul. What would be your thoughts on using Barcgal? Would it be worth running? Is it garbage now? Would you use it over Wingal Brave?
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

Barcgal [No Superior Ride] Empty Re: Barcgal [No Superior Ride]

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:18 pm

If it didn't do the SR then I would run Wingal Brave. All this would do is thin out your triggers for a 4K booster.
    Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : -1

Post by Johnny Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:32 pm

It'd be tame, as well as fulfill Alfred's requirements to hit 20K, and give Gallatins a 5K booster to hit 15K columns (which would still be terrible against 11K Vanguards, but 10K's are common again).

And that's about it.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 17

Post by Ruby Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:17 am

Jordan-The Infinite Gyre wrote:If it didn't do the SR then I would run Wingal Brave. All this would do is thin out your triggers for a 4K booster.

For the record, I thought it'd be implied that as a vanilla, Llew would be a 5k.

Johnny Raptor wrote:It'd be tame, as well as fulfill Alfred's requirements to hit 20K, and give Gallatins a 5K booster to hit 15K columns (which would still be terrible against 11K Vanguards, but 10K's are common again).

And that's about it.

With 10ks running everywhere, the idea doesn't seem bad at all. It even lets Palamedes smack into a Crossride at 18k until you get a Marron/Toypugal/Akane CB.
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 4

Post by Kyousuke Kousaka Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:35 pm

It's amusing, because without the Soul support, Barcgal's real use does in fact fall under the category of supporting the King of Fettucine, of all things.

Being able to pull 5ks right away is a nice thought early-game, since you'll have those solid columns against stuff like grade 1s that you can easily drop. Still debatable, though, since you still want those more solid columns late game, when Alfredo isn't as good a VG to have out and about, even with the return of 10ks to power.

Regardless, if Llew didn't have its skill, I'd say Barcgal would be tame enough to not have its ban as an FVG worldwide.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 6:13 pm