Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Link Joker] Ice Cap Zone

Kyousuke Kousaka
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 4

[Link Joker] Ice Cap Zone Empty [Link Joker] Ice Cap Zone

Post by Kyousuke Kousaka Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:06 pm

Grade 0:
    1x Micro Hole Dracokid
    3x Star-vader, Meteor Liger (Crit)
    3x Star-vader, Vice Soldiert (Crit)
    2x Star-vader, Spark Doll (Crit)
    2x Star-vader, Nebula Captor (Draw)
    1x Star-vader, Scouting Ferris (Draw)
    1x Star-vader, Jailer Tail (Draw)
    4x Recollection Star-vader, Tellurium (Heal)

Grade 1:
    4x Barrier Star-vader, Promethium
    4x Gravity Ball Dragon
    4x Demonic Claw Star-vader, Lanthanum
    2x One Who Opens the Black Door

Grade 2:
    4x Gravity Collapse Dragon
    4x Companion Star Star-vader, Photon
    3x Star-vader, Colony Maker

Grade 3:
    4x Schwarzschild Dragon
    4x Star-vader, Garnet Star Dragon

So I got back into Vanguard last weekend and I've been playing a ton since then. Got on a team, made some friends on the CFA forums, and now I'm figuring out what I wanna play for a while as something I'd consider a "main" deck of sorts.

I've been toying around with a lot of legions and Link Joker stuck out to me as a clan that now has easy access to triangle lock without using CBs whatsoever. The main problem that remains is that you have to figure out something to do with the remaining 5 CBs average that you have available during the games you play with 'em. Colony Maker usually only got to pop her skill once a game in my old build, so I decided to play around that as well.

I initially tested Garnet's searcher, Morion, but that's not a card I can ride into late game, nor is it a card I want to stay on through the midgame if I feel like holding up Garnet Star for whatever reason. I've also played with Chaos Breaker, and while I feel it could be the better route, I didn't really enjoy playing Mobius Breath in this deck, which means I'd have to settle on using the 9k +3, which isn't bad, but not something I especially wanted to do. Besides, that doesn't solve the open damage availability. (Mind you, if I make a Twin Gunner of Binary Star variant, I'll keep it in mind.)

I've settled on using the Schwarzschild ride chain for deck thinning and consistency purposes. It does hurt to misride, but a lot less than it used to, considering how invaluable Schwarzschild's on-ride skill is for getting it set up and raring to go. Its triangle lock + boost guarantees me time to get together a hand to play out for the Garnet Star legion, while also keeping myself alive considerably longer than before. It may not necessarily be the best way to play the deck (like I said, I still need to screw around with Twin Gunner), but it's served me well and continues to do so.

Thoughts/ideas are appreciated for modification. Black Door's a pretty recent change that I decided to make because Palladium wasn't doing as much as I thought for me, even though it would probably be better to have back in the long run.

EDIT: As it stands right now, when Bolt Liner gets added in the update, that'll more than likely replace Black Door.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:28 pm