Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Link Joker + Lock Mechanic Reveal

Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 17

Link Joker + Lock Mechanic Reveal Empty Link Joker + Lock Mechanic Reveal

Post by Ruby Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:48 am

http://cf-vanguard.com/products/vg-lj/

呪縛[ロック]されたカードは、裏向きになり何もでない。持ち主のターンの終わりに表に戻る
    “A “Locked” Card is turned face-down and cannot do anything. It is turned back face-up at the end of its owner’s turn.”

Eradicartor, Vowing Sabre Dragon “Reverse”
    Grade 3/Narukami - Thunder Dragon/11000 Power/No Shield
    Activate (V) Limit Break 4: [Couner Blast 2 Cards, choose 2 of your Rearguards with “Eradicator” in their name and Lock them.] Your opponent chooses 2 of their Rearguards, retires them, and this Unit gains 10000 Power.
    Continuous (V): If “Eradicator, Vowing Sword Dragon” is in your Soul, this Unit gains 2000 Power.
    Auto (V/R): Lord

http://images.wikia.com/cardfight/images/e/e7/BT12-007-RRR_%28Sample%29.jpg
    Demon God Marquis, Amon “Reverse”
    Grade 3/Dark Irregulars - Demon/11000 Power/No Shield
    [SECRET]
    Continuous (V): If “Demon World Marquis, Amon” is in your Soul, this Unit gains 2000 Power.

Silverthorn Dragon Empress, Luquier “Reverse”
    Grade 3/Dark Irregulars - Demon/11000 Power/No Shield
    [SECRET]
    Continuous (V): If “Silverthorn Dragon Tamer, Luquier” is in your Soul, this Unit gains 2000 Power.

http://cf-vanguard.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/lj0610_04b.jpg
    Star-Vader, Dusttail Unicorn
    Grade 0/Link Joker - Cyber Beast/5000 Power/10000 Shield
    Auto: Forerunner
    Activate (R): [Counter Blast 1 Card, Place this card in the Soul] If you have a “Link Joker” Vanguard and your opponent has a Locked Card, you can choose 1 of your opponent’s Rearguards, Lock it.

http://cf-vanguard.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/lj0610_05b.jpg
    Star-Vader, Darkband Dragon
    Grade 3/Link Joker - Cyber Dragon/10000 Power/No Shield
    Activate (V) Limit Break 4: [Counter Blast 1 Card with “Starvader” in its name] Choose 1 of your opponent’s Back Row Rearguards, Lock it.
    Auto (V): When this Unit attacks, if you have more Rearguards than your opponent, this Unit gains 3000 Power during this turn.

Last edited by Kirigiri on Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 4

Link Joker + Lock Mechanic Reveal Empty Re: Link Joker + Lock Mechanic Reveal

Post by Kyousuke Kousaka Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:10 am

Clarification for the Lock mechanic was done by Doctor O:

Q: Can a Unit that is Locked get retired by any means (Replacing them or by Card Effect?)
    A: No. When the unit is locked, it cannot be a target of any card effects or be replaced by other units. You cannot do anything to Locked units until they are lifted from Lock.

Q: If I have a "Liberator" Rearguards that is locked by my opponent, will "Liberator of Round Table, Alfred" still gains the additional Power Boost, via Limit Break, from the Locked Unit.
    A: Nope. As the unit is locked, it is treated as "Non-Existent". Thus Alfred will not get the additional Power +2000 from the Locked Unit.

Q: If I have a Red River Dragoon on the field and is locked by my opponent, will my "Liberator of Round Table, Alfred" still have the restriction of Lord Ability?
    A: Nope. Alfred will not get the restriction of Lord Ability as Red River Dragoon is locked and is not treated as "Non-Existent"
    (Same logic applies to cards like DOTE and Dragonic Overlord.)

Q: When a unit is removed from the Lock ability, will "When this unit appears on the Vanguard or Rearguard" related skills be triggered as they are returned to the field?
    A: Nope. As it does not appear on the Vanguard or Rearguard Circle, but is flipped over, it will not trigger the related skill.

Q: Can Locked Cards be a target card to switch with another unit in the same column?
    A: As the Rearguard Circle that is locked with the card is treated as non-existent, you cannot switch a card that is not affected by Lock with the Locked card in the same column.

Q: Will Megacolony get further support (Cause Link Joker just kill their job)?
    A: Yes. There will be further support in the future sets.
    Kira
    Kira
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 6

Post by Kira Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:17 am

They say the card is treated as non-existent... So does that mean if you have 3 RG, and your opponent has 4, with 2 locked, that Darkband's effect will trigger?
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:25 am

Kira wrote:They say the card is treated as non-existent... So does that mean if you have 3 RG, and your opponent has 4, with 2 locked, that Darkband's effect will trigger?

That's the point, so yes. If Liberator Alfred does not get his 2k from the locked Liberator, it means the unit is invisible, so Darkband's skill works in tandem with it.
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Kyousuke Kousaka Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:48 am

Oh, right, forgot my usual response to the reveal/CotD that comes about due to lore and whatnot being discussed.

I'm probably going to use Link Joker not because I'm a hype pig or because the cards are awesome (which they are, you should read the lore Arkadia's getting on Reverse and whatnot). I'm going to be using them because they are, despite O's clarification, a judge's ruling nightmare.

As a person who's studying to be one of said judges for sanctioned events, I can tell you that it's memorizing interactions with this clan that'll help me get the job if I don't get it for whatever other reason.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:21 am

Jokamon's(Joker Amon if you're slow) picture has been linked to. Since everyone has seen Ruquier and Saber has his own thread, I'm not adding those urls.

As far as I've seen, I can basically confirm: Link Joker possessed units have absolutely nothing to do with Link Joker aside from black rings in art and locking. Everything else is of their own clan. Link Joker's entirety focuses on locking down your opponent, and can be pretty devastating if you lock a large number of their units, as they can't be unlocked until their turn, after all. The possessed units themselves are interesting as well, but I feel as though they're wasted with the Lord keyword since it would've been pretty hilarious if you could use those units in a Joker deck.

In my opinion: this clan is already looking better than Aqua Force's debut. Hopefully they can show some more impressive stuff so I can consider playing again.
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Kyousuke Kousaka Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:17 pm

It's confirmed via discussions with the administrator of the Wikia, Sol Kage, that you can lock out an opponent's entire field for CB3 on your break ride turn.

It was then confirmed that you didn't really need to hit the back row rears behind the two front row rears, so for CB1, you hit their front row and their Vanguard booster, limiting them to a generally flaccid Vanguard attack (unless it's their break ride turn, in which case, it better be Ancient Dragons they're playing to recur card advantage).

Such a large outcry against this skill when it's generally limited to the Vanguard circle and locks that only occur after an opponent has a locked rearguard...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:06 am