Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[CNS] Winning a Conspiracy Draft

Capricorn El Cid
    Capricorn El Cid
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 19

[CNS] Winning a Conspiracy Draft Empty [CNS] Winning a Conspiracy Draft

Post by Capricorn El Cid Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:00 pm

Yesterday Night I got finally to my first Conspiracy Draft...I had my doubts about how well I was going to performs.

So this is what I got.

Creatures
    2 Deathforge Shaman
    3 Wakedancer
    4 Skitter of Lizards
    1 Morkrut Banshee
    1 Vampire Hexmage
    1 Grenzo, Dungeon Warden

Spells
    3 Mana Geyser
    1 Grenzo's Rebuttal
    2 Orcish Cannonade
    2 Tyrant's Choice
    1 Spontaneous Combustion
    1 Volcanic Fallout
    1 Assasinate
    1 Reito Lantern

Lands
    6 Swamps
    9 Mountain
    1 Quicksand

Conspiracies:
    1 Secret Summoning (Skitter of Lizards)
    1 Brago's Favor (Mana Geyser)
    1 Double Stroke (Mana Geyser)

The Other Rares I picked up where Selvala and a Deal Broker which I used to trade 1 Pelakka Wurm for the Spontaneous Combustion. A Fun fact was that the guy next to me openened a Lore Seeker which added a Journey to Nix Booster to our table, (It was filled with crap so no harm donde there)

Ok I was happy with the Deck I got.

Now let's see what we had for our 3 Rounds

First Round
    vs RUG Defenders and Burn, Worldknit Control and Selesnya Tokens.
    The RUG player has a slowwww hand which gave me time to grind mana and wait for my combo to be assembled. Meanwhile the Worldknit Player has assemebled a Field of flyiers and ,while the Selesnya player got her 12/12 Lurking Automaton out and a Pristine Angel. I waited for the Selesnya Player to leave the RUG player in the ropes, last hit him with Volcanic Fallout. Then got a Mana Geyser for 18 Mana one shotted the 5 Colors player and when I was finally 1 on 1 with the selesnya player used the 2 Tyrant's Choice to finish her off.

Round Two
    vs RUG Control Burn (My Friend), Esper Hug, and Something Black White Tokens
    The Esper Hug Player Hug us with 2 Liliana's Specter which where countered by the Two Parley Cards. Game was really fast passed due to RUG player landing a turn 3 Sulfuric Vortex making the life gain from both black decks useless. The Game ended after I EOT Spontaneous Combustion the field. Next turn Mana Geysered for 15 lands (30 Mana) Finished off the 2 players with 10 lifes with 2 Deathforge Shamans and the remaining one with a 6/6 Skitter of Lizards hit own Sulfuric Vortex finished him off.

Round Three
    vs Bant Pillowfort, Worldknit Control and RUG Control Burn
    Yeah my friend and the Worldknit guy from the first match came back and the winner of the other table a Pillowfort Deck with Silent Arbiter and stuff.
    The Game was actually pretty lock by the said Silent Arbiter. However as the Worldknit Player was focusing me heavily I had to rush a Mana Geyser and Deathforge mana combo and finish him off as quickly as possible. The Pillowfort player lost his pillowfort as the RUG Player casted a Complete Decimate on his permanents. and allowed me to play not 1 but 2 Mana Geysers for 13 Lands (13x2x2=52 Mana) which I used to cast the second Deathforge Shaman and 2 Skitter of Lizards for the Win

Good Games Deck was amazing. And Surprised the hell of Everyone. We lol'd a lot at that...XD

Won 5 Booster from the Theros Block 2 JOU, 2 BNG, 1 THS...all of them filled with crap (Seriously what the hell sucky block).

But I had fun yeah and also got myself the Box of Conspirancy where the boosters came from for myself and Will use it to keep stuff or something.

Yay?

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 3:56 am