Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

New Keyword Ability: Inhabit.

Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 22

New Keyword Ability: Inhabit.  Empty New Keyword Ability: Inhabit.

Post by Dae of Judgment Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:25 am

New Keyword Ability: Inhabit.  FissureFanged_zpsa775c7d7

Inhabit X (X, Return a permanent you control to your hand: Put this card onto the battlefield from your hand. Inhabit only as a sorcery.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

New Keyword Ability: Inhabit.  Empty Re: New Keyword Ability: Inhabit.

Post by Rodrigo Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:45 am

That's extremely strong. You shouldn't allow it to bounce lands.
    .Rai
    .Rai
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 26

Post by .Rai Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:50 pm

/ohgod

That's pretty broken. I don't think this mechanic has a lot of design space worth visiting. As the number of permanents you bounce is always one, you can only mess about with the mana cost of the card. And there's not a lot of messing about you can do there, because any large discount is kinda broke. As seen here.

I'd say that the mechanic really is only capable of giving maybe a 1 to 2 mana discount.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:12 pm

Yeah, bounce a nonland permanent would be a little more fair.
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 22

Post by Dae of Judgment Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:21 pm

Jordan, Lich Lord wrote:Yeah, bounce a nonland permanent would be a little more fair.
    It would still be broken to that degree, wouldn't it? As Rai mentioned, this has very little design space as it is and the cost would be limited. Even if I leave the card as is, it is still incredibly strong. Te Keyword Ability isn't something that would be fun to work when as I continue with planning the set. I would rather work to create more space in design while working to create and interesting ability. It would just be better to edit the entire wording of the Ability for much more balance and design space with it. Well. Here are two ideas I could go with, or that I have been thinking out. Tell me what you guys think.

Inhabit X (X, Exile a nonland permanent you control: Put this card onto the battlefield from your hand. When this creature dies, exile it instead. Inhabit only as a sorcery.)

Inhabit X (You can cast this card for its inhabit cost. If you do, destroy a permanent of the same type.)

I would probably end up working with the previous one for the idea I wanted Inhabit to be. This way, it still keeps to some certain aspects that the original wording did. The latter one is different in almost every manner of the actual ability, but follows the same flavor to a degree.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:01 pm