Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

The Tales of Series

Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

The Tales of Series Empty The Tales of Series

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:57 pm

The Tales Series is a long-running JRPG series by Namco Bandai, famous for its action-combat battle system, copious amounts of Character Development and continued Deconstruction of the very genre it inhabits.

The series is divided into two sections:

Mothership Titles (in chronological order):

Plots that start as Cliche Storms but later go on to subvert and deconstruct the very tropes they employ, often by drastically highlighting the nasty downsides of them. This is one of the main reasons why the games have a fanbase.

Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 17

The Tales of Series Empty Re: The Tales of Series

Post by Ruby Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:49 pm

Love the series, even though I only own Abyss and Symphonia+Symphonia 2.

Though, for some reason, I don't feel that... interested in Graces being released to us.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:45 am

Kirino Kousaka wrote:Love the series, even though I only own Abyss and Symphonia+Symphonia 2.

Though, for some reason, I don't feel that... interested in Graces being released to us.

Thats probbly because its made by Team Destiny, they use differnt art styles and game mechanic than Team Synphonia (Who make all the other games).
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:55 am

Wi fi Master jordan wrote:
    Kirino Kousaka wrote:Love the series, even though I only own Abyss and Symphonia+Symphonia 2.

Thats probbly because its made by Team Destiny, they use differnt art styles and game mechanic than Team Synphonia (Who make all the other games).

Oh no, don't get me wrong. I'm in love with Tales of Destiny, because it's one of the best in the series. The CC System is pretty cool.

I just don't feel all that happy with Graces itself.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:13 am

Kirino Kousaka wrote:
    Wi fi Master jordan wrote:

Oh no, don't get me wrong. I'm in love with Tales of Destiny, because it's one of the best in the series. The CC System is pretty cool.

I just don't feel all that happy with Graces itself.

Oh, okay Smile sorry the for the missunderstanding then.

Have you heard of Tales of Xillia?
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:16 am

I've heard of Xillia, but I've also seen that the english fanbase doesn't really care too much about it.

Everyone's convinced we're not getting it.
    I only like Millia, myself. Don't like the rest of the game.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:30 am

Kirino Kousaka wrote:I've heard of Xillia, but I've also seen that the english fanbase doesn't really care too much about it.

Everyone's convinced we're not getting it.
    I only like Millia, myself. Don't like the rest of the game.

I dont like that they left out some of the staples of the series, but i still think the game looks pretty good and from what i can understand the plot is pretty good so i hope we do get it Smile
    Volt
    Volt
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 4

Post by Volt Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:40 pm

We are getting Xilla, nothing to worry about there. The characters with the exception of the old man don't impress me to much there.

Vesperia and Symphonia are my favorites with Graces following. It had the best ending from my personal view.

Also, Kratos is god. Malik and Raven are his right and left hand.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:19 pm

CommanderVolt wrote:We are getting Xilla, nothing to worry about there. The characters with the exception of the old man don't impress me to much there.

Vesperia and Symphonia are my favorites with Graces following. It had the best ending from my personal view.

Also, Kratos is god. Malik and Raven are his right and left hand.

Malik has nothing on Yuri!. Smile

But anyway has there been an oficial statement? Or was that just your opinion because it had me going YAYYYYYYY for a second Smile

And I agree Vesperia and Synphonia were very good, Im still playing through Synphonia but Ive beaten Vesperia about 4 times now.
    Volt
    Volt
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Volt Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:56 pm

Xilla has been trade-marked for release in the US. Current release date is unknown but it's coming.

Yuri and Malik are both badass. Yuri has amazing artes, But Malik has a very interesting and funny character design to him that makes me love him so much more.

God, i wish i could play my Symphonia again.

Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:42 am

CommanderVolt wrote:Also, Kratos is god. Malik and Raven are his right and left hand.

But Malik is manly on a Malik Level.
    Who else shoots a f****** laser out of his BACK?

Wi fi Master jordan wrote:Malik has nothing on Yuri!. Smile

Read my above question.

CommanderVolt wrote:Xilla has been trade-marked for release in the US. Current release date is unknown but it's coming.

um, the same thing happened with Tales of VS.
    Where is it?
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:50 am

CommanderVolt wrote:Xilla has been trade-marked for release in the US. Current release date is unknown but it's coming.

um, the same thing happened with Tales of VS.
    Where is it?[/quote]

The same place as FF XII versus? In Develpoment Hell.
    Volt
    Volt
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Volt Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:03 am

Well excuse me for not knowing that happend for tales of VS. Tales of VS is so-so anyway.

tbh i'd be really surprised if Xilla doesn't get released. i heard it did even better then Tales of Graces F in japan, but i guess i can't put it pass bamco to screw something up. (Oh how i long for the PS3 Remake of Vesperia)

And good, someone else understands the manlyness that is Malik.

A MAN SPEAKS WITH HIS BACK
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:53 am

CommanderVolt wrote:Well excuse me for not knowing that happend for tales of VS. Tales of VS is so-so anyway.

tbh i'd be really surprised if Xilla doesn't get released. i heard it did even better then Tales of Graces F in japan, but i guess i can't put it pass bamco to screw something up. (Oh how i long for the PS3 Remake of Vesperia)

And good, someone else understands the manlyness that is Malik.

A MAN SPEAKS WITH HIS BACK

It is pretty mediocre but I'm just saying... Unless Bamco openly announces something on their own to the Tales Fanbase, you can be certain that something is never going to happen.

I want Xillia to get localized for the sake of being another Tales Game out in the US.
    That or just give us Tales Of Destiny Remake and Tales Of Vesperia PS3. The entire fanbase will practically never whine again.

*turns back*
    *fires laser*
    Target: WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN-
    boom
    8D
    Shard
    Shard
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : -5

Post by Shard Sat May 05, 2012 1:37 am

I feel the need to share this...

Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sat May 05, 2012 1:40 am

Shard wrote:I feel the need to share this...

Fighitng of the spirit! A great song but not as great as fury Sparks Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPn7kfS17uU

(how did you get the video to appear?)
    Shard
    Shard
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : -5

Post by Shard Sat May 05, 2012 1:42 am

[youtube]link here[/youtube]
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Sat May 05, 2012 2:09 am

My favorite songs from Symphonia would prolly be Yggdrasil's Theme, It Can Waver and Fight, Beat the Angel, and Like a Glint of Light. The End of a Thought too. Fighting the Spirit was cool, but then I heard the arrangement. - w-

Like a Glint of Light was cooler in ToS2 too. And Fury Sparks had a ridiculously amazing Arrangement.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sat May 05, 2012 3:11 am

Whats your guys favorite "rival fight"? The fight where you go one on one with the main character and his rival.

In synphonia it wasLlyoid vs Kratos

In Abyss it was Luke vs Asch

In Vesperia we have Yuri vs Flynn

and thats all I know. Personaly I love Yuri vsflynn because it's so much fun Smile
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Sat May 05, 2012 3:36 am

Wi fi Master jordan wrote:Whats your guys favorite "rival fight"? The fight where you go one on one with the main character and his rival.

and thats all I know. Personaly I love Yuri vsflynn because it's so much fun Smile

As hilariously cool Yuri vs Flynn was ("I'm SO gonna kick your a**!" , "No no no no no, I'm gonna kick YOUR a**!" , "Oh, it's on now!"), I'm gonna say Luke vs Asch.

The set up for Yuri vs Flynn was a friendly reminiscent duel to settle an argument. Though in my opinion, that wasn't a serious enough situation, so the battle comes off more as 'cool' than anything. That's it.

Lloyd vs Kratos was more related to the plot, but more so as the inevitable "Father vs Son" duel, which made it come off as really, REALLY cliche and highly expected.

Luke vs Asch was the battle prolonged for far too long. At the same time however, it showed an abundance of Character Development for the one party member who was offscreen the most. No, the battle was barely related to the plot, it was just to get the "Original vs Replica" fight out of the way. It showed that Asch wanted to live, however. He was willing to finally settle things with Luke, even when Luke offered to be the one to stay, to redeem himself as the Original.

The sad thing is, all three of these battles were absurdly easy...

And as far as original versions of songs go, Meaning of Birth was the best out of the three.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sat May 05, 2012 4:00 am

Rena Suzugamori wrote:
    Wi fi Master jordan wrote:Whats your guys favorite "rival fight"? The fight where you go one on one with the main character and his rival.

As hilariously cool Yuri vs Flynn was ("I'm SO gonna kick your a**!" , "No no no no no, I'm gonna kick YOUR a**!" , "Oh, it's on now!"), I'm gonna say Luke vs Asch.

The set up for Yuri vs Flynn was a friendly reminiscent duel to settle an argument. Though in my opinion, that wasn't a serious enough situation, so the battle comes off more as 'cool' than anything. That's it.

Lloyd vs Kratos was more related to the plot, but more so as the inevitable "Father vs Son" duel, which made it come off as really, REALLY cliche and highly expected.

Luke vs Asch was the battle prolonged for far too long. At the same time however, it showed an abundance of Character Development for the one party member who was offscreen the most. No, the battle was barely related to the plot, it was just to get the "Original vs Replica" fight out of the way. It showed that Asch wanted to live, however. He was willing to finally settle things with Luke, even when Luke offered to be the one to stay, to redeem himself as the Original.

The sad thing is, all three of these battles were absurdly easy...

And as far as original versions of songs go, Meaning of Birth was the best out of the three.

I agree with almost every point there exept this is my list for the songs.

1-Fury sparks

2-Meaning of birth

3-whatever the other one is haha Smile

And yes the yuri vs Flynn fight was very cool "Im sooo going to kick your a@@"
    Raven
    Raven
    Members
    Members

Rep : 1

Post by Raven Mon May 07, 2012 2:16 am

Love the series, though I'll admit that it took me awhile to get into it.

I own every game released in the U.S. except for Destiny for PS1, which is ridiculously overpriced now x.x and Vesperia too, since I don't own an xbox 360.

Favorite game in the series goes to Eternia, with Abyss as a close second. : P
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Mon May 07, 2012 2:37 am

Engetsu wrote:Love the series, though I'll admit that it took me awhile to get into it.

I own every game released in the U.S. except for Destiny for PS1, which is ridiculously overpriced now x.x and Vesperia too, since I don't own an xbox 360.

Favorite game in the series goes to Eternia, with Abyss as a close second. : P

Ive been trying to find eternia, but with the whole "tales of destiny 2" rename thing and then remakes It's hard to find.

Which system do you play it on?
    Raven
    Raven
    Members
    Members

Rep : 1

Post by Raven Mon May 07, 2012 2:42 am

I got my Eternia copy on Amazon about several months back. Definitely wasn't cheap, but worth it. Lol. It's even more expensive now since copies are getting harder to find nowadays.

I play it on PS2. Why do you ask?
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Fri May 11, 2012 10:43 pm

Engetsu wrote:I got my Eternia copy on Amazon about several months back. Definitely wasn't cheap, but worth it. Lol. It's even more expensive now since copies are getting harder to find nowadays.

I play it on PS2. Why do you ask?

Ive heard it was remade for the PSP and I wanted to ask someone who played it what they thought of it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:42 am