Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Remo
.Rai
The Monster of Surrealton
Garazza
Slender Thar
RAEG
Luna Ori
Armz
Kira
Dae of Judgment
Ashiok
HiveNet
Rodrigo
17 posters

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~ - Page 23 Empty Re: The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Post by Rodrigo Mon May 05, 2014 3:40 pm

Well, for now, you can put it in the Video Games section, no problem. ^^
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~ - Page 23 Empty Re: The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Wed May 07, 2014 2:43 am

Posted up, check out if you're curious at all Smile

So, EDH. Tomorrow. Who's in?
    Illyarcher
    Illyarcher
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 5

Post by Illyarcher Wed May 07, 2014 1:09 pm

Just heard about the Round 0 thing Bushiroad had to do at the Team League in New York. Jesus, that must suck for the people who got kicked out for losing the first round.

Also, Internet Explorer isn't a "bad" browser. If you have Windows 8.1, it integrates really nicely with it. Not to mention, Explorer-tan is waifu material.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Fri May 09, 2014 2:28 am

So, I had my first experience driving today. My nerves were a bit befuddled, but I didn't hit anything so it seems to have gone well.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Fri May 09, 2014 10:57 am

Jordan, Lich Lord wrote:So, I had my first experience driving today. My nerves were a bit befuddled, but I didn't hit anything so it seems to have gone well.

I'm sure you'll grow to like driving, and you'll get better~
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sat May 10, 2014 12:15 am

I mainly look forward to being able to go to places without needing my parents to be up to driving, and then remember agreeing to drive me Smile

I should be able to go to my LGS a lot more.

It also opens the path to getting a job, which also leads to going to my LGS more then I can right now Smile
    Illyarcher
    Illyarcher
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Illyarcher Tue May 13, 2014 2:43 pm

I'm getting my provisional(?) for driving tomorrow. I don't wanna drive ;_;
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Tue May 13, 2014 2:55 pm

Illyarcher wrote:I'm getting my provisional(?) for driving tomorrow. I don't wanna drive ;_;

I like to drive. I think it's fun.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Wed May 14, 2014 10:54 pm

Hey guys uh, apparently Wizards is suing that Hex game we were talking about.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

Post by Ashiok Wed May 14, 2014 11:21 pm

That doesn't actually seem insanely surprising. The game plays like virtually the same thing. Also the UI is very akin to Duels of the Planeswalkers, if that means anything.

I would hope the guys at HEX get out of it fine, since the game seems like it'd be really sweet. That and I at least want a chance to play it first. Been waiting for what feels like forever for the open beta.

I imagine the largest incentive for WotC to sue them is because HEX will make MTGO even less desirable.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Wed May 14, 2014 11:51 pm

Yeah....MTGO  could really be a lot better then it is right now if they tried. I just wish they would try Sad
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Wed May 14, 2014 11:52 pm

As someone who plays Magic Online, I agree it would be nice if they'd try since the beta is utter shite.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Fri May 16, 2014 2:42 am

So Chris, what would you say is a good thing about MTGO? Th best thing about it

(I've got a guess...)
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Fri May 16, 2014 3:26 am

The fact that I can play Magic with full rules enforcement at whatever time I want.

There are tons of good things about it and while the current version has its flaws it's not a bad playing experience imo.

The beta, on the other hand is a horrible CPU-hogging playing experience and I dread the changeover later in the summer.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Fri May 16, 2014 3:55 am

I think the nicest part about it is the fact that you can draft so easily online, anytime at any place Smile
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Fri May 16, 2014 4:17 am

The problem with drafts is that they have very poor EV, and you'll generally just be tossing money away in doing them. I feel some compelling need to maintain value monetarily on MTGO so I never really do them. (Although, the flashback Urza's block draft where I opened Show and Tell was pretty sweet.)

In general, I prefer to stick to constructed because it's less likely to lose value and I get to cast more Gifts Ungiven.

Looking super forward to Vintage Masters though.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Fri May 16, 2014 7:50 pm

Who wouldn't love a Vintage Master? Smile
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Sun May 18, 2014 5:02 pm

For the record my money's been on Chapin for this whole pro tour.
    .Rai
    .Rai
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 26

Post by .Rai Sun May 18, 2014 5:44 pm

Sad that Andrea Mengucci went out. He was my favourite diminutive Italian hipster in the Pro Tour.

From here on out, it's pretty much Chapin, right?
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Sun May 18, 2014 6:28 pm

I would understand rooting for Chapin or Utter-Layton. I'd definitely prefer Chapin to take it down though.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Mon May 19, 2014 3:25 am

I've got a week of School left, and then a week long vacation at the Beach! Smile

What's up with you guys?
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Mon May 19, 2014 3:50 am

Aside from my exams in June, I'm done with school forever and should be off to uni in September.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sun May 25, 2014 9:45 pm

I'm not going to be here for a week after today, going on my yearly Beach Vacation~ Smile
    Illyarcher
    Illyarcher
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Illyarcher Sun May 25, 2014 10:41 pm

Jordan, Lich Lord wrote:I've got a week of School left, and then a week long vacation at the Beach! Smile

What's up with you guys?
    [insert Alice Cooper's School's out for the Summer here]

Gonna be volunteering at my old highschool over Summer for the Computing department so I can shove it on my CV. Then it's card games, vidya and mango time again <3
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Sun May 25, 2014 10:41 pm

Have fun, Jordan! Don't forget to post your card for the challenge~

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:05 pm