Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Remo
.Rai
The Monster of Surrealton
Garazza
Slender Thar
RAEG
Luna Ori
Armz
Kira
Dae of Judgment
Ashiok
HiveNet
Rodrigo
17 posters

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

RAEG
    Members
    Members

Rep : 1

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~ - Page 22 Empty Re: The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Post by RAEG Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:56 am

MTG question guise.

See, if I ever get to actually making the deck, I want to make R/W something. Any suggestions?

Also, while I won't go to the Nyx pre-release, do you guys recommend going to one in the future?

But, do keep in mind that I still have no idea when I can actually go to the local game store.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~ - Page 22 Empty Re: The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Post by Rodrigo Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:49 pm

So, today is EDH deck, drop a message here for when you're ready and we'll try to set up a time for us to play ^^
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 22

Post by Dae of Judgment Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:45 pm

RAEG wrote:MTG question guise.

See, if I ever get to actually making the deck, I want to make R/W something. Any suggestions?

Also, while I won't go to the Nyx pre-release, do you guys recommend going to one in the future?

But, do keep in mind that I still have no idea when I can actually go to the local game store.
    RW Heroic is a deck in Standard, bar it not being competitive. I would suggest that because it is relatively cheap and easy to use.

And I do suggest going to a prerelease because it is such a different type of game that I think every player should experience within their life.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

Post by Ashiok Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:07 pm

Ooh, I should hopefully be able to EDH in a few hours. Been ages since I played with anyone here.

R/W Aggro is applicable in standard in other forms. Boros Weenie, for example, is very cheap if you don't buy Mutavaults since a lot of the deck is commons and uncommons with some cheap rares. The mana would be a bit expensive, especially after JOU with Mana Confluence, though.

Pre-releases are the best way to get into a local community. It's about as casual as a sanctioned event will get, and it's a great introduction to sealed, which is one of the best formats easily.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:32 pm

Happy Easter guys Smile  Kinda a small holiday but it's an excuse to eat candy and turkey so what the heck~
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:16 pm

Jordan, can you EDH now?
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:18 pm

I'm up for EDH if we can get a third guy or gal Smile
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:21 pm

I'm hosting :3
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:58 pm

My connection died. I don't think it will let me back.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:27 pm

That has got to be the buggiest game I've ever played.

Sorry guys.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:22 pm

So, for the past 2 dys I;ve had to work on trying to get rid of some Maleware thing off my laptop. It seems to have worked but if I disappear for  few days it means it's acting up again.
    RAEG
    Members
    Members

Rep : 1

Post by RAEG Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:07 am

Thanks for the suggestions, Dae and Chris.

Also, guys, I have Cockatrice now and aside from the fact I have no idea what I'm doing, I might be up for a game in the future(especially since I'm a noob who wants to learn.)

I do have one question though, would it be wise to run Purph and Iroas(whenever he's up on Cockatrice) in the same deck?
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:39 pm

Actually won a pre-release for once in stead of cocking everything up at some point!

Went with blue, today, and opened Keranos in one of my packs. Ended up playing UR Midrange because of it, and while Keranos obliterated my opponents in the 3 games I drew him, the MVP was surprisingly Bladetusk Boar. Red's not generally very good in sealed, so he was often just my 4 mana 3/2 unblockable racing machine. Got 11 packs for winning, which included another Keranos, a Kruphix and Prophetic Flamespeaker. I will say, that my 7 mana cards (Scourge of Fleets and Hypnotic Siren) were literally blanks all day. I somehow never hit 7 mana even in the longer games, and when I did they were nowhere to be seen. I cast Hypnotic Siren once, as a 1/1 flier on turn 5, since I was stuck on 4 lands anyway and needed to keep a race going.

Last night, at the midnight prerelease, I went with Green after my teammate picked White. I'm going to say now that I took green because I wanted to do something stupid with loads of colours. Ended up virtually mono-green, splashing for black removal. My deck was boring unless I could draw at least one of my two Eidolon of Blossoms, but they very promptly died whenever I did. We went 2-1-1, which was alright and got 2 packs each from which I pulled nothing.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:27 pm

Nice, Chris. It's a shame I skipped this pre release because I plan to use the money for our upcoming drafts next month.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:34 am

In light of the major bug in IE, I have now switched to Chrome. I have also now installed Ad Block.

Youtube has never been so peaceful before Smile
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:44 am

idk how anyone can even use IE at all.

Then again, after using Opera for so long I don't get why people use other browsers at all, tbh.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:43 am

IE had a major bug other than being a thing?
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:45 am

A massive bug that allows a hack to control your computer and put their own programs and software if you click a bad link.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:58 am

Jordan, Lich Lord wrote:A massive bug that allows a hack to control your computer and put their own programs and software if you click a bad link.

To be fair, people that use IE deserve this kind of thing.

No offense :3
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:05 am

Honesty, I've never had any problems with it. Never got all the hubbub about it.

Well, until this thing.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Mon May 05, 2014 1:25 am

So, how have all of you guys been this week?
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Mon May 05, 2014 2:12 am

Was a good week, with a holiday. Watched lots of anime :3
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Mon May 05, 2014 2:13 am

Say Rod, I had a question. Say I wanted to make a topic about a Tabletop RPG, where would I post that? Video Games just doesn't seem appropriate Smile
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Mon May 05, 2014 10:48 am

A Tabletop RPG? Does that really not fit into the Video Games section?
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 22

Post by Dae of Judgment Mon May 05, 2014 1:45 pm

Well, it isn't a video. But it should fit into Video Games. You can change the section title to Tabletop/ Video Games.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:18 am