Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Remo
.Rai
The Monster of Surrealton
Garazza
Slender Thar
RAEG
Luna Ori
Armz
Kira
Dae of Judgment
Ashiok
HiveNet
Rodrigo
17 posters

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~ - Page 16 Empty Re: The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:50 pm

I sadly did not have the funds to go Sad

Guess I'll wait till JTN.

We need to do some EDH sometime later.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~ - Page 16 Empty Re: The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Post by Ashiok Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:52 pm

Me and my friend kept trying to make Arbiter work over the course of the 2HG prerelease but he kept drawing it when our opponents were already dead on board. He eventually cast it in our last round and got it Nullified, so naturally I also finally got to cast my Fated Return to get it back and on the single Inspire trigger we got before winning I flipped one of the very few permanents in my deck in Keepsake Gorgon to kill their only blocker keeping them alive. Felt good man.

Also I agree that we need to play EDH some time. I haven't played with anyone here in forever.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Post by Rodrigo Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:32 am

Now that I have classes in the night, it'll be hard to find a time that all three (or 4) of us will be online.
    Kira
    Kira
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 6

Post by Kira Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:52 am

Weekend mornings that I happen to have no work?
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:17 pm

Saturday and Sunday mornings are good for me Smile
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:30 pm

I'm probably spending most of this weekend cubing on MTGO while the cube is still online.

I should be free all of next weekend though if people want to set up a game around then.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:55 pm

I just realized something....In 2 months I will have been here for 2 years...

Man, time really flies, it does not feel like it's been 2 years.
    Illyarcher
    Illyarcher
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 5

Post by Illyarcher Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:28 am

I'm gonna spend my Friday night reinstalling a windows partition on my laptop so I can play Vanguard seriously again along with do some more work on my Android app for a decent manga app.
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 22

Post by Dae of Judgment Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:48 am

I am going to be spending the weekend getting ready for the new modern meta, testing out some decks to see what I think is the best fit in the format for me. I might try black/white tokens after I already set up an sketch for it. Just would need Bitterblossom and Arid Mesa. But, that is going to be my main goal.

If I am on, though, hit me up for a game anytime. I have no problem and could probably use the time for a chilling game.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:09 am

Just played my first game of Pathfinder today, and it was quite fun Smile
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:10 pm

Played at FNM last night, went 2-2. Lost to Mono Black and another RDW with a higher budget then mine

Won a pack and pulled  a Flame Wreath  Phoenix . I can see that getting a lot higher come rotation Smile
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:41 pm

The Phoenix has potential. Hold on to it until it has a high value to trade it off Very Happy
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:53 pm

It does look nice. I do think I'm going to keep a hand on it for a while Smile

Also, I think it's the first good mythic I pulled. My first was Decent Into Madness, and my second was Malignus. Sad

Any news about FNM's on your end?
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:06 pm

The more I look at the Phoenix the worse and worse it seems.

Couldn't go to FNM, personally, yesterday because I've had a b**** of a virus. Going to a GPT tomorrow though. We expect the format to basically be slightly altered versions of deck from before BNG so I feel like UW will be well positioned and it's the only standard deck I have so I figured there's good value to that. My UW Temples haven't arrived yet though so I'm having to borrow those. Also feel kinda sad that I'm not playing foil Divinations because I think the new art is so much better than the DKA ones that playing my foil DKA ones isn't worth it.

Also forgot what bad value the pre-release drafts are on Magic Online. I just finished one with admittedly one of my worst RW Heroic decks, ignoring the Anax and Cymede, going 2-1 and only got 1 pack of BNG and 1 pack of THS for an entry fee of the equivalent of 15 dollars and I didn't even open any money cards, so I just wasted around 9 bucks. My deck was fun to play at least, but I honestly got way luckier than I should.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:10 pm

Ah, Viruses do suck. Terrible blighters.

We had a free GTP over here today, which was also a trial for our State tourney championship thing.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:11 pm

My city doesn't have FNMs. Closest FNM is 80 km away.

That's why I don't have a Standard or Modern deck.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:30 pm

Ah, that sucks. I couldn't imagine living too far away from a local store.

Good thing we have the internet and lot's of people around the world to play with as well Smile
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:01 pm

I thought I had it bad being just over 20km away from my FNM.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:25 pm

Luckily I don't particularly care for IRL constructed and I have friends to play EDH with, so I'm good~
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:40 pm

Speaking of which, we need to EDH sometime soon.

Whenever I get my EDH decks onto trice again, since they disappeared....again Sad
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Dae of Judgment Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:51 pm

My closest is about 17KM, which actually isn't that bad and the store is amazing. I play constructed there only. I play EDH more at my school with some friends. Sometimes constructed, but the bar is really low there.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:01 pm

My closest is actually around 10km away, but the playerbase of the further one is just so much better and I'm much better friends with them in general.

I also like the fact that more than like 2 people play competitive decks and how most of the players there actively try to get better.
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Dae of Judgment Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:13 pm

^That.
    The community is set for not just the people "exclusive" but the people helping each other out and the ability to actually format your deck around the competitive area of decks that exist in the format.

My group set up a gauntlet to test any modern deck which usually represents the format for anyone who wants to test out their decks/brews in the match up.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:30 pm

Well apparently I still can't get past the top 8 of a GPT, but I at least got half a box for that and half a box from my last top 8 the week before BNG came out.

Not going to complain though since I've opened a Brimaz, Kiora and Ephara from the box. Annoying part is the 3 Temples of Enlightenment, since I have 3 coming in the mail...

I ended up undefeated in swiss and then lost in the top 8 as I implied earlier. If anyone wants me to write up a decklist/tournament report then I'd be glad to. Was playing UW Elixir if that helps.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:04 am

Have you guys seen the video of the 2 Russian guys who snuck in and climbed Shanghai Tower?

Because holy crap, that's a long way up.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:13 pm