Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Remo
.Rai
The Monster of Surrealton
Garazza
Slender Thar
RAEG
Luna Ori
Armz
Kira
Dae of Judgment
Ashiok
HiveNet
Rodrigo
17 posters

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 7

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~ - Page 7 Empty Re: The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Post by HiveNet Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:24 pm

The Dimensional Police Starter deck is actually really good.

Since Dimensional Police have so many different play styles that can work it's hilarious. I mean, I theory'd a 2 Grade 3 build which was primarly aimed around that and the fact that you get Goyusha in it. It didn't require much addition.
    RAEG
    Members
    Members

Rep : 1

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~ - Page 7 Empty Re: The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Post by RAEG Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:33 pm

HiveNet wrote:The Dimensional Police Starter deck is actually really good.

Since Dimensional Police have so many different play styles that can work it's hilarious. I mean, I theory'd a 2 Grade 3 build which was primarly aimed around that and the fact that you get Goyusha in it. It didn't require much addition.
    By the way, are you Barty from YCM?
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by HiveNet Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:53 pm

RAEG wrote:
    HiveNet wrote:The Dimensional Police Starter deck is actually really good.

By the way, are you Barty from YCM?
    Yes, yes I am. The sig gives it away.
    Armz
    Armz
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 36

Post by Armz Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:39 pm

We should make a CGC TCG.
    The combat system in this, though, should be like a cross between Pokemon TCG, TF2 logic, and the sabotaging aspect in MLP's TCG.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Post by Rodrigo Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:46 pm

Armz wrote:We should make a CGC TCG.
    The combat system in this, though, should be like a cross between Pokemon TCG, TF2 logic, and the sabotaging aspect in MLP's TCG.
    As long as you include a mana system, I'm game.
    Armz
    Armz
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Armz Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:05 pm

Mirai wrote:
    You start with a character. They can have, in any combination, 1 hat slot. 1 Outfit slot, And 1 'Misc' slot(Short for Miscellaneous, of course). Characters that lack [X, Y and/or Z]-slot will have something pre-existing on the card. Then, you can only play 1 Trap and 1 Repair card. Trap cards diminish the value of the Opponent's outfits, and repair ones can help to restore them. If an item is too badly damaged, it becomes worthless, and is no longer of value. Ergo, if you have outfit-destroying-scissors and the opponent only has a patch for a hat, their outfit can't be repaired by such a patch, and it takes away value of the other guy's stuff.

Mana system could be a set of stock funds that you can spend to draw [X] cards and/or get [X] card as a means of either replacing your whole current outfit and/or buying specific stuff to fix damages/improve your appearance. Because you get bonus points if all your stuff matches. Ergo, you get more points if all your items are red, but don't if you have 2 red items and 1 yellow one.

If your character is more fabulous by the end of [X] phase, you win.

Of course, this is just for concept, and would obviously need to be refined.
    Luna Ori
    Luna Ori
    Baka
    Baka

Post by Luna Ori Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:14 pm

Armz wrote:
    Mirai wrote:
    You start with a character. They can have, in any combination, 1 hat slot. 1 Outfit slot, And 1 'Misc' slot(Short for Miscellaneous, of course). Characters that lack [X, Y and/or Z]-slot will have something pre-existing on the card. Then, you can only play 1 Trap and 1 Repair card. Trap cards diminish the value of the Opponent's outfits, and repair ones can help to restore them. If an item is too badly damaged, it becomes worthless, and is no longer of value. Ergo, if you have outfit-destroying-scissors and the opponent only has a patch for a hat, their outfit can't be repaired by such a patch, and it takes away value of the other guy's stuff.

Mana system could be a set of stock funds that you can spend to draw [X] cards and/or get [X] card as a means of either replacing your whole current outfit and/or buying specific stuff to fix damages/improve your appearance. Because you get bonus points if all your stuff matches. Ergo, you get more points if all your items are red, but don't if you have 2 red items and 1 yellow one.

If your character is more fabulous by the end of [X] phase, you win.

Of course, this is just for concept, and would obviously need to be refined.
    Oh, I got one for me.

Demon Chick
    Hat: 9 Hat (+9 Fabulous Points)
    Outfit: It's a Trap! (+4 Fabulous Points - Halve the Fabulous points of all other outfits you control when this card is on the field.  You can reuse traps once.)
    Misc: Trans-dimensional Teleporter (Remove this card from the game every other turn for X turns, where X is the amount of other Characters you control.)
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:36 pm

I have discovered the wonder that is AMV Hell. and it is glorious Smile
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:39 pm

Jordan, wanna play MtG? Any format :3
    Luna Ori
    Luna Ori
    Baka
    Baka

Post by Luna Ori Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:03 am

Also, who wants to help try and set up a movie/anime/game night for CGC?
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:06 am

Well, me and Gar already have an anime night every Saturday technically Smile

Also, sorry Rod. Maybe later.
    RAEG
    Members
    Members

Post by RAEG Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:08 am

Guise, make Red Eyes Black Metal Dragon.dek for lulz y/n
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 22

Post by Dae of Judgment Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:15 am

I am totally up for a night like that.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

Post by Ashiok Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:19 am

So, Christmas GPT next Sunday that I might be able to go to.

First place is a box of MMA. Second is a set of 5 Commander 2013 decks. Third/Forth is a FTV:20 each. 4-8 is half a box of Theros.

Anyone watching GP Dallas has seen Huey in top 2 with Elixir UW.

I know what I'm playing~

Also probably going to be the most confident I've ever been in a tournament.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:26 am

Ashiok wrote:So, Christmas GPT next Sunday that I might be able to go to.

First place is a box of MMA. Second is a set of 5 Commander 2013 decks. Third/Forth is a FTV:20 each. 4-8 is half a box of Theros.

I know what I'm playing~

You're gonna win it!
    Armz
    Armz
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Armz Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:26 am

Mind the large post for a second-

Demon Chick wrote:
    Demon Chick-
    Woah woah woah, hold it.
    I did say it was going to be like Pokemon TCG. So basically, you shuffle and draw [X] cards. If you lack a character, you reveal your hand, shuffle, and redraw. You do this until you draw a Character. If you draw multiple, you can only play 1, since this runs off a 1v1 perspective, so it's good that you DO draw multiple, as it gives you more options to start with. Then, each character will have his/her own slots.
    Like for example, you have a character of Basic Scout:
    The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~ - Page 7 180px-Baseball_Bill%27s_Sports_Shine
    He would have a hat, an outfit, and a misc slot.
    And your Opponent has Buccaneer Demo:
    The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~ - Page 7 250px-Buccaneer%27s_Bicorne
    He would have just an outfit and a misc slot, since this card would be one with an item already on it, and would have pre-set style points, compared to ones that have none.
    But for said Scout, you could equip it with cards to make it into 'Santa's Accomplice' or Curse-a-Nature:
    The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~ - Page 7 180px-Santa%27s_Little_Accomplice or The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~ - Page 7 134px-Curse-a-Nature
    Compared to Demo, which, in order to get the most points, has to be Swashbuckler's Swag:
    The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~ - Page 7 187px-Pirate_promo

So basically, the ones with the pre-equipped items would be more situational, and get more points, compared to one with full customization, which allow for more variety/different combination/are easier to assemble.

Or something like that.

Last edited by Armz on Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total
    RAEG
    Members
    Members

Post by RAEG Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:28 am

Armz, this sounds like another crazy fic.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

Post by Ashiok Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:31 am

Mirai wrote:
    Ashiok wrote:So, Christmas GPT next Sunday that I might be able to go to.

I know what I'm playing~

You're gonna win it!
    I'll be disappointed if I don't top 8, for multiple reasons if I'm honest. Partially due to ego, but not so much the "I'm just better than everyone else" part. Seeing as I've been doing really sloppy in tournaments outside of FNM recently, I feel as if I absolutely have to do really well or else I'm going to have to maybe re-evaluate how much I'm investing into Magic. I also just feel really confident with the deck. I've been testing U/W Elixir a bunch, and Cuneo's list feels like it's exactly what I was trying to do, bar a couple of differences with the list I currently have. I just need a Mutavault and I'll have the whole 75 I want, too. I also want to prove that my insane undefeated run at the end of last standard season wasn't just due to Zombies being insane.
    Luna Ori
    Luna Ori
    Baka
    Baka

Post by Luna Ori Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:37 am

Just mocked up a new pic for the forum logo, I hope you guys like it.

Also, the text is up for change, so if you guys can come up with something cool, I can add it right there.  ^^
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:38 am

Cardgame Coalition* Leave your sanity at the door.
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 22

Post by Dae of Judgment Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:38 am

Good luck, Chris, send me a Dark Confidant from your box when you win!
    Armz
    Armz
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Armz Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:41 am

Cardgame Coalition* f*** the police
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:20 am

Woah, the forum looks weird.
    Luna Ori
    Luna Ori
    Baka
    Baka

Post by Luna Ori Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:32 am

Tried to change it for the better.  Again, if you guys are against it...
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:38 am

Give me a few days, changes always look strange for a while Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:32 am