Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Shard
Ruby
6 posters

Official Kingdom Hearts Discussion Thread

Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 17

Official Kingdom Hearts Discussion Thread Empty Official Kingdom Hearts Discussion Thread

Post by Ruby Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:25 pm

Official Kingdom Hearts Discussion Thread Kingdom_Hearts_logo

Titles:

Kingdom Hearts
    Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories/Re: Chain of Memories
    Kingdom Hearts II
    Kingdom Hearts Coded/Re:Coded
    Kingdom Hearts 358/2
    Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
    Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance (Current)

Discuss the Kingdom Hearts series and Nomura's trolling with the Final Mix versions.

Last edited by China on Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:58 am; edited 1 time in total
    Shard
    Shard
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : -5

Official Kingdom Hearts Discussion Thread Empty Re: Official Kingdom Hearts Discussion Thread

Post by Shard Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:09 pm

Great series, although the plot deepening has gone too far, IMO. Heartless and Nobodies where enough. KH1 is my favorite, I sorta find that 2 is really good, but lacks charm. BBS was good, but I was only intrested in Aqua's story as Ventus's and Terra's where apparent.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Official Kingdom Hearts Discussion Thread Empty Re: Official Kingdom Hearts Discussion Thread

Post by Ruby Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:53 pm

Well of course, 1 is the best. 2 has a mindless battle system, but it was nice too.

Honestly, I hate how the plot had to be dug into in like, six other games just to postpone Kingdom Hearts 3.
    Ruka
    Ruka
    "Special" Moderator
    Official Kingdom Hearts Discussion Thread 1zsrpk

Rep : 6

Post by Ruka Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:29 pm

DO YOU KNOW WHAT I LOVE?
    HOW RE:COM DIDN'T COME TO AUSTRALIA.
    I F*CKING LOVE THIS COUNTRY.
    Jazzy Turtle
    Jazzy Turtle
    Members
    Members

Rep : 0

Post by Jazzy Turtle Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:30 am

I'LL GIVE YOU MY RE:COM, K HUN?

I like all this plot development.
    WHY
    BECAUSE KH3 MEANS IT WILL ALL END
    AND BESIDES
    I got to play game with Roxas as the main character. c;
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:35 am

KH3 isn't the end of Kingdom Hearts iirc, just the Xehanort Saga or the Sora Saga, I forgot which Nomura said.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

Post by Ashiok Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:38 am

China wrote:Well of course, 1 is the best. 2 has a mindless battle system, but it was nice too.

>Preferring KH1's battle system.

You have a weird-a** mind, Zeo.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:52 am

Chandra Ablaze wrote:
    China wrote:Well of course, 1 is the best. 2 has a mindless battle system, but it was nice too.

>Preferring KH1's battle system.

You have a weird-a** mind, Zeo.

I honestly preferred it over KH2's mashfest.

f*** KH1's camera though.
    Ruka
    Ruka
    "Special" Moderator
    Official Kingdom Hearts Discussion Thread 1zsrpk

Rep : 6

Post by Ruka Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:54 am

I agree.
    KH2 > 1, SLUT.
    in terms of battle system

Also, You forgot Birth by Sleep in the first post, slut.
    I can't get Re:CoM without an 'merican PS2.
    because
    fucking
    shit
    bitch
    fdskgfldkjgs
    Touya
    Touya
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 16

Post by Touya Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:15 pm

I enjoy KH1's battle system more because like CoM, it's balanced to not be so much in the player's favor. There are techniques to utterly smash the difficulty in two, but they're pretty well hidden--most kids picked sword right off the bat, not knowing that it was the worst development path. If I'm recalling the level progression right, shield on the other hand lets you become nearly unkillable by level 25 (the enemies meanwhile...), while the staff is the best long-term option because magic in KH1 is horribly broken. I'm hanging around right before the final boss on my expert mode staff playthrough right now, just trying to complete all of the optional content beforehand, and from Agrabah on the Thunder line of spells would finish off any random encounter with one shot. Of course things are heavily weighted in Sora's favor now, but it took a lot of work to tune his accessories and abilities to this type of build, a good 30 hours of work in the first place. While in KHII the difficulty is bypassed almost immediately.

Birth By Sleep is definitely my second favorite entry, right behind the original game. I was surprised that they brought back the CoM-style battle system and then mashed it together with KHII's, but the results were very pleasing and I like that you'll usually only be level 30 or so when facing the final boss. BBS is probably the most challenging game in the series so far, at least until you figure out how to make Mega Flare.

I was thinking the other night that it would be nice if Chain of Memories were released on the 3DS virtual console. Reason being, a third party could be brought in to make the multiplayer wireless. CoM's player vs player wasn't really balanced(hi sonic blade ;_; ), but playing against friends is fun.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:54 am

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:15 am