Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Ruka
RAEG
The Monster of Surrealton
Striker
Dae of Judgment
Welche
Ashiok
HiveNet
Jordan, Lich Lord
Kira
Rodrigo
15 posters

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Illyarcher
    Illyarcher
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 5

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~ - Page 38 Empty Re: The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Post by Illyarcher Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:02 am

Ashiok wrote:This is such a pointless holiday...

Actually had a record amount of people come knocking on my door this year since I moved here. Fortunately that still meant it was only one person but it's so annoying and the concept is so stupid. I understand Halloween's a lot bigger in the states and I seriously can't understand why.

Oh and we need a decent sized commander game some time. I feel like I don't play it nearly as much as i should.
    It's fun! I'm not Christian, yet I still celebrate Christmas and Easter.

It gives you a good oppurtunity to dress up as something spoopy and just spoop people out! Or even better, do what I did and spend your whole night listening to Lavander Town themes in reverse and normal whilst reading spoopy pokemons stories...

It also kinda calms little kids down for the wait towards Christmas I suppose.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~ - Page 38 Empty Re: The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Post by Ashiok Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:21 pm

Christmas and Easter at least have a fun basis (not necessarily fun stories that go with them but w/e), and they don't involve having kids going around knocking on stranger's doors asking for sweets. Any other time of the year, knocking on a stranger's door asking for sweets is rude as all f*** and giving sweets to minors is considered grooming. Why does it really change anything for one night? And what's the actual joy in "scary" shit anyway? I don't see the enjoyment at all, personally.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:41 pm

Halloween has a very large history involving multiple different cultures and their traditions.

and I don't know about you, but by the end of Christmas I've had it about to here with every Christmas song in the world.

Anyway, the power is off at my school after a freak storm so I'm out right now Smile

Mabye some EDH later today?
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:58 pm

I'd be up for some EDH later.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Post by Rodrigo Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:34 pm

I have no time for EDH tonight unless it's past 11:00 pm of my time (1 am for Chris, probably 5 PM for Jordan iirc)
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:49 pm

I don't recall many EDH games that haven't been past 1 am my time anyway. lol
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:00 pm

Fair enough. xD

Hopefully we can play tonight. I finally got a Sower of Temptation for my EDH last weekend. xD
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 22

Post by Dae of Judgment Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:16 pm

I can probably join in, I should be free, I guess.
    Kira
    Kira
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 6

Post by Kira Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:28 pm

11 pm your time is 10 pm Jordan's time (as he is on the same part of the country as I am lol). I will not be free at that time, sadly... Work.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:49 pm

Well that definitely isn't right since Rodrigo's like GMT -2 and anywhere in the states is GMT -5 to GMT -8
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:53 pm

As of now it is 4:52 locally Smile
    Kira
    Kira
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Kira Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:59 am

Rod is either 1 or 2 hours ahead of me at any given time, depending on Daylight Savings Time
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:25 am

I thought Jordan was on the western side of USA.

Anyways I'm half an hour late D:
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:29 am

So, EDH time? Smile
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:38 am

I'm up for it.
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Dae of Judgment Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:43 am

I am willing to join if you guys haven't started.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:54 am

Bleh, stuff's come up so I can't play tonight... f***.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:54 am

Well, let's leave it for tomorrow.

...after I come back from my THS draft. The first time I'll play draft so I hope I do well. :3
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:55 am

Ah, well. all is well anyway. My oracle needed to be redownloaded Sad

Here's hoping for tomorrow then!
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Dae of Judgment Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:56 am

Guess I am off to the modern side games tonight then.
    See yeah for now, I might write up a report if I find the meta to be interesting.
    Kira
    Kira
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Kira Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:50 am

Sunday? I got a Sunday off for the first time in forever so I'm free on a weekend lol
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:36 pm

I am currently so glad I pre-ordered the Grixis commander deck. £25 when I ordered it ages ago. £60 now. The decks have literally only been on shelves for like 2 days. ._.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:40 pm

They were that high on price 3 days after True-Name Nemesis was revealed. xD

I got 3 of them, but not the Grixis one. They'll arrive during this week. Can't wait.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:34 am

True Name Nemesis is the guy with Pro Players right? I can see why it would go up Smile

Anyway, EDH tomorrow? we keep trying to plan and something keeps coming up Smile

Maybe we should find a day and time we all know we're free and make it a weekly thing?
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:00 am

I'm back to school this week, so I won't be able to play any EDH before Friday for definite.

When I'm free or not isn't exactly always set in stone. That said, my freeness on Fridays/Saturdays should increase now, unless more MTG events show up, which they always do.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:21 pm