Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Ruka
RAEG
The Monster of Surrealton
Striker
Dae of Judgment
Welche
Ashiok
HiveNet
Jordan, Lich Lord
Kira
Rodrigo
15 posters

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 22

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~ - Page 31 Empty Re: The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Post by Dae of Judgment Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:45 am

D: Why is everyone getting FTV:20 where I can't even find any near me? Dammit, you lucky bastards.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~ - Page 31 Empty Re: The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Post by Ashiok Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:47 am

My LGS had 40 delivered and said they'd sell 24 to loyal players/buyers for £100 each. Exactly 24 people asked for one too, which is convenient and likely the only reason I can still get mine since the deadline for cash was meant to be last Friday.

Oh and 8 of the FTVs are being used as top 8 prizes for the ptq next weekend. So I definitely gotta top 8 it.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:49 am

Well, I don't have enough money, and I think my shop is out of them anyway.

So your not alone Dae Smile
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:50 am

I don't have enough money either.

But I'll be f****** damned if I miss out on all that goodness.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Post by Rodrigo Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:51 am

Jeleva wrote:I don't have enough money either.

But I'll be f****** damned if I miss out on all that goodness.
    That's the logic I followed. I got all the savings in my bank and spent on it.

There's no way I could miss this FTV.
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Dae of Judgment Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:03 am

I spent all of mine before summer just got get a start on some fetchlands. Dammit. Any store around here is sold out of them, they were sold out extremely quickly too. The Monday Modern things are held off until the first week of October, so there is no way I can even participate.
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Dae of Judgment Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:08 am

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~ - Page 31 Tumblr_mshojbd1dk1s9rpajo1_r1_500
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:09 am

Exactly. LOL
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:45 am

Exactly, Theros has great flavor.

I find it hard to read anything over at Salvation anymore, people trying to say it's just a bunch of clichés or that Hundred Handed One was "forced".
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:13 am

I'll just say that being cliché isn't a bad thing, and if Hundred-Handed One is forced or not, it's still the best flavour card in the set so far.

I absolutely can't wait for Theros now, just gonna be a pain to actually get my hand on Elspeths.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:35 am

I just hope I have a lot of sheer luck at the pre-release.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:15 am

A 14 minute episode of RWBY today Smile

I need to watch it soon, I just got done with the Emerald Forest PT2.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:25 am

OMG THAT EPISODE

It was so freaking cool *-*

I'm in love with everyone.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:11 pm

So, last night I second picked a Dark Prophecy and went deep.

But it's ok, the Primeval Bounty I opened in pack 2 won me literally 6 of the 7 games I played. Which is handy since I only played 2 Forests... f****** variance, man.

The deck I drafted would have definitely been much sweeter if it wasn't only 6 man pods because 8 man would have actually given me the playables I needed, since in the end I was splashing Angelic Accord and Primeval Bounty in mono black with a Rod of Ruin I really didn't want.

I should also point out my "Dark Prophecy deck" had only 9 creatures...

(Oh and I seriously need a name change to Ashiok)
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:11 pm

Dark Angelic Primeval Prophecy.dek?

Sounds interesting, at least. xD
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:22 pm

I had 2 Tenacious Deads, a Bubbling Cauldron, a Vampire Warlord, a Nightmare... a Dark Favor that I had to run because I was ridiculously short on playables...

The deck was still sweet though, even if I never got an Angelic Accord trigger even with Cauldron AND Trading Post in the deck.
    Armz
    Armz
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 36

Post by Armz Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:53 pm

Decided to drop the numbers-in-my-post-thing; Too lazy to fix my older posts.
    Tomorrow I'm going to Baltimore Comic-Con; Probably going to wear my Autobot shirt, and Autobot hat. Cuz' why not.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:33 pm

Your avatar reminds me. I need to read Weesh again Smile
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:32 pm

Welcome back non-robot Armz xD

Who's up for Commander tonight?
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:03 pm

I'm up for it, considering I forgot about that Free Magic Celebration at 7 Sad

I hate missing Free stuff.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:10 pm

Wanna go 1vs1? I'll be hosting if you want.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:13 pm

Sure, I'll be there right now Smile
    Armz
    Armz
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Armz Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:27 pm

To be fair, I like robots/mecha/etc. I was just being silly, is all. Although, if I switched to Spike, then you would see reaction-type images everywhere.

Also, anyone seen those Madden 25 ads that say "Go Beast Mode"?
    Every time I see one of them, my mind goes to:
    The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~ - Page 31 300px-Beastwarsmaxgroup
    Armz
    Armz
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Armz Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:59 pm

At the time of me posting this; Just got back from Baltimore's Comic-Con
    OH BOYYYYYYY, WAS IT A DAY....
    Things I got:
    PCC Heavytread
    Animated Wreck-Gar
    T-shirts of Transformers/Mario stuff
    Chibi Megaman plushie
    A few Megaman and Sonic comics
    Some artworks by the guy who draws the Transformer artworks in the first place(I forget his name)
    An action figure of The Pyro from TF

Things I noted: LOTTA' PONY-CONTENT AND BATMAN EVERYWHERE. Also quite an abundance of Transformer-related stuff from various collectors.

Cosplays of interest, from the contest I watched: Avatar(movie of the same name), guys wearing armor from Warhammer, some amazing assorted heroes, and a handful of Deadpools. Someone was Twilight Sparkle, but simply said "shes an alicorn", and left it at that.

All in all, I loved every bit of it.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:46 pm

So I had a spectacular performance at the PTQ today (0-2, drop) with a stunning (...ly awful) sealed pool consisting of (no) good colours with plenty of (lol, as if) depth to all the colours.

So, after my awful G/W durdle deck got destroyed by Primeval Bounty two rounds in a row I dropped and joined the standard win-a-box-of-MMA side event.

True to the day's form, I started on 2 mulls to five in the first round and a mull to 5 in round 2 with game 2 having him at 5, me at 20 with a Bloodthrone Vampire in play and drawing the remaining 6 swamps in my deck so I could look at all 12 of them sit there not doing anything.

Fortunately, bounced back to move into a comfortable 4-2 performance, getting 5 boosters. Bought my FTV: 20 and need to add some of its contents to my Dralnu deck for that to be complete.

Overall, really glad a bunch of mates went too, and my friend I was opposite during deck building also built a G/W pile of shit so we both figured the way to go was standard.

Overall, a very ok deck and I had some fantastic opponents who were really fun to play against.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:52 pm