Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

[GTC] Army Loyalist

Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

[GTC] Army Loyalist Empty [GTC] Army Loyalist

Post by Rodrigo Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:33 am

[GTC] Army Loyalist Attachment

Creature - Goblin Soldier
    Haste
    Battalion - Whenever ~ and at least two other creatures attack, creatures you control gain first strike and trample until end of turn and can't be blocked by tokens this turn.

THIS is what we're talking about, Battalion!
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 4

[GTC] Army Loyalist Empty Re: [GTC] Army Loyalist

Post by Kyousuke Kousaka Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:52 pm

When I saw this on MTG Salvation initially, I was like, "DEAR GOD RDW JUST GOT ANOTHER ONE-DROP." Post-reaction, my stance stands. I know Cackler's a hard nut to crack, but I'm pretty sure this is going to either replace it or Waif as the one-drop.

Let's be honest. Travis Woo is going to test the shit out of this.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:06 pm

This looks awesome Smile

I cant wait to use it.
    .Rai
    .Rai
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 26

Post by .Rai Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:30 pm

Last clause seems so silly :C It obviously makes the card much better considering you have lollingeringsouls etc. but it's so utterly flavourless. In fact, why does a small 1/1 Goblin even grant everything it battles with Trample? First strike I can get, but not Trample. A card with three different types of evasion is incredibly silly.

Reminds me a lot of Vindictive Mob actually. Card with a random can't be blocked clause. Last time, it was Saprolings. lolwut.

On the competitive side of things, it's a naturally great card for aggro R/w aggro.

Kyousuke Kousaka wrote:When I saw this on MTG Salvation initially, I was like, "DEAR GOD RDW JUST GOT ANOTHER ONE-DROP." Post-reaction, my stance stands. I know Cackler's a hard nut to crack, but I'm pretty sure this is going to either replace it or Waif as the one-drop.

Let's be honest. Travis Woo is going to test the shit out of this.

Waif is more usually sideboarded from what I see. It's Stromkirk Noble that usually sees the mainboard play alongside Cackler. Obviously, some amount of Stonewright is in there which is fairly unarguable. You have three options:

Cackler + Stromkirk
    Cackler + Loyalist
    Stromkirk + Loyalist.

Of those three options, I feel that Stromkirk + Loyalist is the strongest option just because of how quickly a Stromkirk can grow with Loyalist with it. Stromkirk ends up with 4 different types of evasion that act differently (first strike, trample, unblockability from tokens and Humans) that grows quickly. In fact, I wouldn't mind maxing out on more 1-drops just to benefit from Loyalist's Battalion.

I think it also helps with Red in Modern too. It avoids Timely Reinforcements, Batterskull and Lingering Souls.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 6:16 pm