Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Ruby
Red W Mage
Johnny
7 posters

Card of the Day 8/17/12 Army Dragon, Raptor Colonel

Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : -1

Card of the Day 8/17/12 Army Dragon, Raptor Colonel Empty Card of the Day 8/17/12 Army Dragon, Raptor Colonel

Post by Johnny Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:02 am

Card of the Day 8/17/12 Army Dragon, Raptor Colonel Vgd_today2-28

Usual +1K

Auto (V): LB4 [CB1, Target 2 Tachikaze RG, retire them]
    When this Unit attacks the Vanguard, pay the cost. If you do, this card's Power is increased by the power of the Units used to pay for this card's effect.

Card Lore:
    The Commander with complete authority over the Raptor Batallion that belongs to the Land Assault Force, “Tachkiaze”. He’s huge enough to stradle an entire valley, and is armed to the teeth with an absurd amount of heavy arms and weapons, to the point that while he is the center of the group, he is also recognized as being the strongest commander around. The commander’s form fills the hearts of his subordinates with courage, allowing them to slaughter the advance guard of their enemies, combined with being a cool-headed military man who is completely willing to make sacrifices to achieve victory. He is a commander who should truly be feared. But that is why a commander is always lonely. He tries to gloss over the loneliness with the fine wine known as “glory”, as the strong who covet and lust for glory are those who are said to rise in the empire and become known as “Commanders”.

Card of the Day 8/17/12 Army Dragon, Raptor Colonel August-17-b

Credits: Ark of NeoArkCradle
    Skill: Valkaris of NeoArkCradle

Last edited by Johnny on Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:51 am; edited 2 times in total
    Red W Mage
    Red W Mage
    Members
    Members

Rep : -10

Card of the Day 8/17/12 Army Dragon, Raptor Colonel Empty Re: Card of the Day 8/17/12 Army Dragon, Raptor Colonel

Post by Red W Mage Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:06 am

Colonel has a really cool limit break imo
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 17

Card of the Day 8/17/12 Army Dragon, Raptor Colonel Empty Re: Card of the Day 8/17/12 Army Dragon, Raptor Colonel

Post by Ruby Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:08 am

johnny
    get with the transla-fu already
    Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Johnny Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:09 am

Done already.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:11 am

Considering the weaker units you're retiring to abuse counterblasts, the power gain would be like, 11k or something usually.
    notbad.jpeg
    <3 the CB1.
    Red W Mage
    Red W Mage
    Members
    Members

Post by Red W Mage Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:14 am

question senior: original power or power when they were retired? cuz, this shit final turns pretty hard imo.
    Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Johnny Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:15 am

Original Power.
    Red W Mage
    Red W Mage
    Members
    Members

Post by Red W Mage Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:18 am

oh. so, tachi need to get a better rearguard g3 that isn't savage king yet still supports final turn plays

Should be Raptor Jesus and be SSD for tachikaze.
    Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Johnny Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:52 am

OP updated with card lore.
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 4

Post by Kyousuke Kousaka Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:26 am

I have mixed feelings about this Limit Break, because it's very...risky.

Lemme just start by saying that I'm really excited for both Tachikaze and Neo Nectar, and I have been since we got to see what Aqua Force had for extra options (Maelstrom is utter deliciousness), as well as be able to witness the crossride that is Great Daiyusha come into existence. Bushi's giving lesser clans awesome shit? Sign me up. Like, immediately.

The thing that always bugged me about Tachikaze was that the clan's support placed specific limits on an actual Tachikaze deck, such as what the main Vanguard should be and how to support it. The whole "retiring" focus got taken up by Great Nature in a good way, which is why I kind of came to the conclusion that Tachis and Chris Lo's babies were very similar. I mean, Bushi really didn't have to make the Monkey Scientist, Rue and Geograph Giant back in BT02. Could've been a different kind of Tachi.

What this pretty much came down to was my optimism for a non-retirable unit, much like Great Nature ended up getting. Truth be told, Otter is a very pleasant boosting buddy for Leo, and still does his fair share for Bison as well. So I'm hoping Tachis get the same sort of treatment, at least to rectify the fact that relying on the cycling g1s and Dragon Egg was annoying as all hell, and also calls for need of a drawing engine or damage-unflipper.

Colonel just makes that need a higher precedent now. CB1 is nothing, I'll give you that. But the problem is that you're probably going to end up giving up an entire column just to pop the skill. Here's the kicker, too: it's an excuse to raise the value of Sparksaurus and his line's members, simply because they're easy to just replace if you blow up their column with the Limit Break. Drop two cards, get an entirely new pair.

But they're weak cards. The g3 is a 9k, and the g1 is a 5k. Not the best swing at 14k, although it puts Colonel at 25k without a booster, which is quite good. But that's kind of the two-fold problem; beyond Cannongear and the vanilla 10k, along with Sonic Noah/Skyptera, there aren't really too many solid swings in Tachikaze that aren't in the Vanguard circle. Aqua Force has the same problem, but at least they have the support to back it up at this point.

I'm probably exaggerating a bit, and this card isn't really as difficult as I think it is, since it still offers that power column. But I keep thinking of stuff like PBD and Ildona from Shadow Paladins, and feel like Colonel's not getting as much of a boost as they offer. Especially Ildona, since having his skill alongside those cycling Tachis would make Colonel's CB1 a +14k for +0 hand advantage. That effectively would've made Colonel the instant choice for Tachis, since it would've been a broken card.

Don't get me wrong; this card has insane potential. But I want to see how to make up for the lack of a field advantage that eventually leads to a lack of hand advantage. It's cool that the ride chain gives you a free 16k column to work with, but I'm not impressed until I see it utilized.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Post by Rodrigo Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:20 am

Awesome Limit Break, on paper. I'm not so sure about practice.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

Post by Ashiok Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:51 am

It's mandatory.... That sucks. :c
    Kokonoe
    Kokonoe
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 7

Post by Kokonoe Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:45 am

Why is this mandatory? Sad
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:49 am

mfw it's mandatory
    ... mfw it's mandatory
    bushiroad, wat

johnny, is that right?
    Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Johnny Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:20 pm

Uh, no. I only posted w/e, it's not mandatory.
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Kyousuke Kousaka Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:20 pm

Yeah, Johnny just paraphrased. It's never mandatory unless it's restraint.

But yeah. This does get me excited for Neo Nectars possibly coming up as Cards of the Day over the next couple days too, before Episode 86 just reveals everything. <3
    Kokonoe
    Kokonoe
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Kokonoe Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:32 pm

Dashing Knight Lancelot wrote:Yeah, Johnny just paraphrased. It's never mandatory unless it's restraint.

Paraphrasing it will often lead to misconception, especially with something like this. And it doesn't matter whether it was never done in the past. They might of been trying something new.

Also, meh. The only cards I'm interested in are the new cards that'll support Enigmen.
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Kyousuke Kousaka Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:45 pm

Kokonoe wrote:
    Dashing Knight Lancelot wrote:Yeah, Johnny just paraphrased. It's never mandatory unless it's restraint.

Paraphrasing it will often lead to misconception, especially with something like this. And it doesn't matter whether it was never done in the past. They might of been trying something new.

Oh, right, so they're going to make Tachis have awful new support. That makes tons of sense.

meh.jpeg
    Kokonoe
    Kokonoe
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Kokonoe Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:52 pm

Dashing Knight Lancelot wrote:
    Kokonoe wrote:

Oh, right, so they're going to make Tachis have awful new support. That makes tons of sense.

meh.jpeg

That's what they did for BT03.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:06 am