Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Card of the Day 12/10/12 - Convicting Dragon, Chrome Jailer Dragon

Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 17

Card of the Day 12/10/12 - Convicting Dragon, Chrome Jailer Dragon  Empty Card of the Day 12/10/12 - Convicting Dragon, Chrome Jailer Dragon

Post by Ruby Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:40 am

Card of the Day 12/10/12 - Convicting Dragon, Chrome Jailer Dragon  Vgd_today

[ACT](VC) Limit Break 4 (This ability is active if you have four or more damage): [Counter Blast (2) & Choose two of your «Gold Paladin» rear-guards, and retire them] This unit gets [Power]+10000/[Critical]+1 until end of turn.
    [ACT](VC):[Counter Blast (1) & Choose a card named "Convicting Dragon, Chrome Jailer Dragon" from your hand, and discard it] Look at up to four cards from the top of your deck, search for up to two «Gold Paladin» from among them, call them to separate open (RC), and put the rest on the bottom of your deck in any order.

断罪竜 クロムジェイラー・ドラゴン Convicting Dragon, Chrome Jailer Dragon
    RRR: Listen here, criminals! Your struggling and suffering is penance for your crimes!
    SP: Be bound by the convicting chain, Abyssal Chrome Jail!

突発的な発足や戦士参入などの理由で、規律が乱れがちな“ゴールドパラディン”を取り仕切る黒馬団の戦士。 かつて“シャドウパラディン”でも同様の職に就いており、法を破った者は如何な理由があろうと弁解の余地すら与えず葬ってきた。 その所業から敵味方問わず恐れられ、いつしか「断罪竜」という通称で名を馳せるようになる。 凄絶なる断罪者には敵味方という概念が無い。 判断するのは対象が善であるか悪であるかのみ。 咎人は黒竜の裁きをその身に受け、速やかなる死を渇望する程の恐怖を味わうという。

For reasons including their sudden founding and the way their men joined, the men of the “Black Horse Corps” in the “Gold Paladin” army tend to bend and break the rules. Even those who used to be in the ranks of the Shadow Paladins were allowed to join, but anyone who breaks the law for any reason finds themselves buried and consigned to oblivion. Due to the one whose claim to fame is his nickname ”The Conviction Dragon”, whose behavior is feared by ally and enemy alike. Such a brutal convicter has no concept of “Friend” or “Foe”. He decides whether the targets of his judgments are good or evil. Offenders who receive the judgment of the black dragon are said to taste fear so intense that they’d rather die.

【黒馬団とは】

聖域の護り手である七聖獣を象徴に掲げる“ゴールドパラディン”7つの部隊の一つ。黒馬団は魔具・宝具使いが多く在籍している団であり、団員のほとんどが以前“シャドウパラディン”に属していた者で構成されている。利害が一致している事が理由で“ゴールドパラディン”に組している為、他の団と関わりを持つ事があまり無く、団内の内情には謎が多い。

The Black Horse Corps is…

One of the 7 “Gold Paladin” corps who use the symbols of the 7 Sacred Beasts said to protect United Sanctuary. Many of those who join the Black Horse Corps are generally able to use Magical Artifacts and Precious Treasures, and the vast majority of their membership consists of those who used to belong to the Shadow Paladins. Though their motives generally are on the same axis as the rest of the “Gold Paladins”, they generally don’t interact with the other Corps too much, and as a result, the state of affairs inside their corps is pretty much an unknown.

Last edited by Wendy on Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:29 am; edited 1 time in total
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

Card of the Day 12/10/12 - Convicting Dragon, Chrome Jailer Dragon  Empty Re: Card of the Day 12/10/12 - Convicting Dragon, Chrome Jailer Dragon

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:47 am

Another sac 2 to get +10000 and +1 crit unit, and this one has a Persona Blast that gives you units to sac!

I love it Smile
    Touya
    Touya
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 16

Card of the Day 12/10/12 - Convicting Dragon, Chrome Jailer Dragon  Empty Re: Card of the Day 12/10/12 - Convicting Dragon, Chrome Jailer Dragon

Post by Touya Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:04 am

In terms of cost, this is the better deal over Blaster Dragon, since retire 3 is typically too steep versus the cost of dropping a perfect defense card to keep the attack from hitting. (Hence why SDD was so great, screwing over the Blaster Dragon counter.) But in the greater context of things, this card doesn't have the same level of consistent support from Nemain and Badhabh Caar. Persona blast isn't necessarily consistent since you need one of three cards remaining in the deck after your ride to use it, unlike with PBD where you had probably six and maximum eight different instances of putting the opponent behind in card advantage at that stage of the game. And Chromejailer clashes with existing Black Horse support because he can't be searched by Black Dragon Whelp, while also taking up grade 3 slots that you'd probably give to Garmore or Charger in an SDD deck.

You also can't play damage control with Chromejailer the way that you can Blaster Dragon. The Shadow Paladins can basically take two or three damage and then sit on it for most of the game by guarding earlier while the opponent desperately tries to not take a sixth damage point. Just by comparison to BT04 ShadowPala, Chromejailer lacks defense for being base 10000, but the era of 11-and-up vanguards is basically over unless (until) BT10/11 revitalizes it because everyone and their mother is getting or has gotten a Susanoo and other toys like Narukami's sealed units that turn defensive vanguards into pushovers.

Phantom Blaster opens up the field in a way that Chrome doesn't. You can deal with terrible Caar calls and putting Nemain down because it doesn't matter what you're killing, it matters that you can replace it. Being able to have three options for units to put down after retiring is more flexible than two--if you want to retire a backrow unit with Chrome, you suddenly can only get rid of one front row unit, and there are a plethora of ways that this could go very very bad very very quickly.

Getting into the raw deal, let's assume there's no persona blast at first; you retire 2, call your replacements and attack, the opponent drops Iseult and discards 1 for her skill. You retired 2, they dropped 2, you break even.

Then, factoring in the persona blast, you've called 2 and retired 2 but because you had to discard a card to use it, you've still lost one card. On the opposite side of the board, the opponent's Iseult has caused them to lose two cards. Like Phantom Blaster, Chromejailer lets you can protect an existing lead in card advantage because if the opponent was at +0 and you were at +1 beforehand, then being at -2 is a worse position than being at -1, they have less cards to play, they're more strained to defend later on, and unless they check draw triggers you can keep on doing this each turn without ever persona blasting again, simply protecting your lead by only losing as many cards as them per turn until the opponent gives out. Keep in mind that many of the top competitive decks on the Japanese side right now run 12 crits and will never see a draw trigger checked in any of their games. (And unlike PBD, Chromejailer isn't relying on a rearguard attack versus interceptors before his attack to defend the lead. Golds actually have room for Tripp too, unlike Shadows who just can't find room for Lancer without it being awkward.)

I wasn't such a fan of this guy when I first saw him, but I think I've warmed up to the pseudo-Phantom Blaster. Not as an avatar card or anything, he's too much of a goody two-shoes compared to Blaster and even his reincarnation Vortidragon, but maybe this will provide a model for the Shadow Paladin's return? I'm not really sure what he has to do with Duke lore-wise, but at least Studio TMS can animate him, right? That's gotta be an improvement over Duke.

Ride 101 Spoiler:

Right as I thought it was safe to shake my fist at GoPala forever and stick with the Nostalgia Paladins, they get something cool grumble grumble get off my lawn you gaudy PintoPalas.
    Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : -1

Post by Johnny Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:38 pm

If one can warn me when my job'll be taken, that'll be nice.

And yes, this card's that amazingly awesome, and yes I don't care that it nearly invalidates PBD. Hell, nobody does.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:56 pm