Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Blaster Blade Burst

Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 17

Blaster Blade Burst Empty Blaster Blade Burst

Post by Ruby Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:50 pm

Blaster Blade Burst Tumblr_mflh3aXwga1rd2jedo1_500

Continuous [V]: Your units cannot boost this unit.
    Auto [V]: [Counter Blast(2) - <Royal Paladin>] When this unit attacks a vanguard, you may pay the cost. If you do, until end of the battle, increase this unit’s power, the power increased is the total original power of your front row <Royal Paladin> rear-guards.
    Auto [V]: When this unit attacks a vanguard, this unit gets power +3000 until end of battle.

what
    i love bb but
    what
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 7

Blaster Blade Burst Empty Re: Blaster Blade Burst

Post by HiveNet Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:56 pm

Hasn't anyone updated the BT10 thread with all the revealed cards yet? Probabaly a good idea given theres like 20 of them.

It's alright I guess. I mean, it's a grade 3 Blaster Blade so it's cool, but outside of being used in Majesty Lord Blaster decks, it has no real use. And even then it's not that great.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:07 pm

HiveNet wrote:Hasn't anyone updated the BT10 thread with all the revealed cards yet? Probabaly a good idea given theres like 20 of them.

It's alright I guess. I mean, it's a grade 3 Blaster Blade so it's cool, but outside of being used in Majesty Lord Blaster decks, it has no real use. And even then it's not that great.

Yeah where's Johnny?

Uhh... it'll be used in a hell of a lot more than in MLB. It's a Blaster and that's enough for shit like Exculpate, and Wingal Brave, and other dumb crap.

I'm actually laughing at how it's partially Alfred with being able to abuse Lian behind it.
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by HiveNet Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:11 pm

The issue is CB2. A lot of Royal's have more need for the CB than this thing would, and the deck would stand to benifit from it more as well. Blaster decks are probably the only ones who could justify this from my expierence.

Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:13 pm

I understand CB2 being the major problem, which is probably part of the "Burst" in its name. Bursting in power or bursting for a turn then riding over with something else.

Do Blasters CB that much anymore other than Trumpeter though?
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by HiveNet Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:22 pm

When they need to clear the field with regular Blade, or finish with Excalpate.

I'm thinking with the new ride breaks, field removal is going to become majorly important.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:25 pm

I'm think Field Removal is becoming the main thing with the main clans at the moment. Narukami is amping it up to the eleven with all of their new shit. I know it's already their job, but they're getting at it more than Kagero. :v

Probably good to have more retiring because of Gold Shenanigans. With this, Royals start getting even more shenanigans. ... They have a lot already but still.
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by HiveNet Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:31 pm

It's not even Golds you have to worry about.

The Spike Bro's Ride Break is terrfying in theory. You get 5 attacks between 26k and 36k in a turn. The 26k attacks are WITHOUT boosts as well.

And the Narukumi stuff I think is all reverse Goku, only hitting front rows if I remember rightly. If anything, Goku will see a big comeback, sniping boosters to help limit these huge attacks where possible.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:48 pm

I'm still personally worried about Platina and Gancelot. Duke, not as much anymore. xD

Probably want to take the Spike Brothers and Narukami discussion to the BT10 and TD09 threads. I'm personally very happy with Spike Brothers and love the arts of the Narukami, but yeah, offtopic for here.
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 4

Post by Kyousuke Kousaka Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:27 pm

It's mostly counter-play talk, so I wouldn't worry about it, Caseface.

As for Burst, pretty sure it's just Bushi's way of attempting to "apologize" to MLB players for the limiting of their ace by giving them things to help even out the damage.

Hive's judgment seems fair enough, since Blasters are, of course, an archetype at this point. It goes along with the Liberator and Eradicator lineups for Golds and Narukamis.
    Touya
    Touya
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 16

Post by Touya Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:03 am

In general you're looking at 21-23k here, but you only get to do it two or three times in a game. The fact that he can't break 26k without Margal or Unicorn is telling. This isn't just an apology to Majesty cardfighters; Burst is a double replacement for Majesty and Alfred, doing Alfred's consistent 20k+ without his CB3 and managing to surpass the potential output. On one hand, this new Alfred deck has added consistency since Brave can search for Burst, but it's still severely crippling compared to the original since he can't call one half of the components of an 18k line and that same consistency causes the Palamedes anticrossride column trouble starting in the midgame through the late game. Basically, if you're going to run the Alfred version of Burst's deck, then you may as well be running its MLB counterpart instead. Based on how Japan has been handling MLB up until the restricted list, I'm guessing the basic deck would be;
    Spoiler:
    And from there you start customizing it. It's very tech-reliant, but that's how MLB was doing. Not all of the skills are intended to come out in a given game, but instead you work out what to do based on your existing hand. It's a little more open than traditional Majesty Lord, I think, since you can develop your strategy into multiple paths and the opponent can't clearly work out what you're doing until Brave goes off.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:44 pm