Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Kyousuke Kousaka
Ashiok
Rodrigo
Johnny
8 posters

Card of the Day 12/6/12 - Blue Storm Supreme Dragon, Glory Maelstrom

Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : -1

Card of the Day 12/6/12 - Blue Storm Supreme Dragon, Glory Maelstrom Empty Card of the Day 12/6/12 - Blue Storm Supreme Dragon, Glory Maelstrom

Post by Johnny Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:18 pm

Card of the Day 12/6/12 - Blue Storm Supreme Dragon, Glory Maelstrom Vgd_today5-3

Auto [V] (LB5) (This skill is active when you have 5 damage or more): [CB(1)] When this unit attacks, you may pay the cost. If you do, during that battle, this unit gains +5000 Power, and your opponent cannot normal call Grade 1 and above unit from hand onto the Guardian Circle.

Continuous [V]: If your Soul has "Blue Storm Dragon, Maelstrom", this unit gains +2000.

Continuous [V/R] Leader (This unit cannot attack if there's a unit that does not share the same clan as this unit.)

Lore: 蒼嵐覇竜 グローリー・メイルストローム Blue Storm Conquering Dragon, Glory Maelstrom
    "This is your final judgment! Terminal Maelstrom!"
    "The blue storm that once ruled the entire world, now, will reign supreme once more!"

封印されている海軍元帥の意志より力の一端を授かった事で、驚異的な力を得たメイルストロームの姿。 その超大な力故に古より強力な封印を施されている元帥。 その異常なまでの正義への執着は「力」いう形を取り、現海軍最強と謳われる蒼嵐竜に更なる力を与えた。 だが、与えられたのは力のみでは無かった。 古の覇王の力を得ると同時に、かつて元帥が抱いていた「惑星全土の統一」という野望に心を支配されてしまったのである。 統一の妨げとなるであろう英雄の復活を阻止する為、覇竜は獅子の前に立ちはだかる。
    「我こそは正義! 秩序の創造主! 愚者を裁く全知の守護者也!」
    This is the form of Maelstrom after gaining incredible power, but the power given to him was merely a fraction of the power and will of Aqua Force's sealed Fleet Admiral. The Admiral had his powers locked away under a great seal since ancient times, due to how incredibly powerful it was. The reason why was that their fanatical and absolute denotation to justice manifested itself as "Power", and he in turn gave that "Power" to the Blue Storm Dragon, who became even stronger, leading what is now touted as the most powerful navy on the entire planet. However, power wasn't the only thing the Admiral gave. At the same time Maelstrom obtained the power of the ancient tyrant and conqueror, his heart and soul were dominated by the ambition the Admiral once embraced: "Unifying All of Cray under one banner". In order to stop the revival of the heroes who would hinder that unity, this conquering dragon decided to stand in the way of the "Lion".
    "I am Justice itself! The Creator of Order! I will be the Omniscient Guardian of this world who judges you naive fools!"

^Added this in for giggles since Ark did it too.

Holy f***.

Last edited by Johnny on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:28 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Card of the Day 12/6/12 - Blue Storm Supreme Dragon, Glory Maelstrom Empty Re: Card of the Day 12/6/12 - Blue Storm Supreme Dragon, Glory Maelstrom

Post by Rodrigo Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:34 pm

I SEE YOU HAVE 3 NULL GUARDS IN YOUR HAND

IT'S A SHAME IF I DON'T WANT TO SEE THEM
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

Card of the Day 12/6/12 - Blue Storm Supreme Dragon, Glory Maelstrom Empty Re: Card of the Day 12/6/12 - Blue Storm Supreme Dragon, Glory Maelstrom

Post by Ashiok Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:32 pm

Silent Tom obviously wasn't a good enough unit. .-.
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 4

Post by Kyousuke Kousaka Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:47 pm

/Wow/ that's a good endgame tool right there.

Now it's just a matter of figuring out how to build GLORIOUS VICTORY.dek properly---

>no attack limitation

...ARE YOU KIDDING ME.

CASEY IS GOING TO DROP BRICKS EVERYWHERE. NO WONDER KAI'S GOING TO LOSE TO LEON.
    Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Johnny Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:40 pm

Y'know, this would be some busted piece of cardboard in a Tag Fight.

(Along with Platina Ezel in Tag Fights...)
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 17

Post by Ruby Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:49 pm

HAHAHAHAHA
    OH MY f****** GOD IT'S SO GOOD

PRAISE SOURYUU I KNOW WHAT I'M MAINING
    Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Johnny Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:02 pm

>Platina Ezel and GLORIOUS Maelstrom tagged together
    >Tag partners can't use Sentinels to block their partner's assault
    >Platina goes ULTIMATE BREAK on one guy and breaks the shit out of their hand of Sentinels or 10K shields
    >Next is GLORIOUS Maelstrom blorking out Sentinels and forcing only 10K shields which Platina Ezel was already draining the shit out of
    >Decks that can run 12 crits
    >9 Damage to lose
    >Can have both ULTIMATE BREAK'ers do this twice

Brb, tag fighting forever.
    Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Johnny Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:36 pm

I just realized this makes me scared of what the shit Deck Swabber/Sweeper can do, since it supposedly works with this dumb thing.
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 7

Post by HiveNet Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:16 pm

If it turns out to be a Silent Tom that works when it boosts....

My FETHING GOD. So much pain....

Am I mistaken in saying this is the best of the Crossrides released in BT09? By a long way?
    Touya
    Touya
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 16

Post by Touya Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:19 pm

For such a low cost, considering how it completely circumvents perfect defense, Glory Maelstrom is easily the best ultimate break we've ever seen. Possibly the best crossride skill of all, since the cost isn't CB3, it doesn't have to hit like The End or Amaterasu, doesn't rely on difficult conditional persona blasts, negates Blaster Overlord's biggest weakness and forces the opponent to drop at least 20k in grade 0s, 30k if they want to stop its double-triggered 28k with Dorothea/Sweeper. Last I checked, I believe that intercepts did not count as a call (hence you can intercept Fruits Basket Elf's skill and after Stil Vampir uses his megablast) but considering that you're probably aiming to trigger Dorothea, that's what rearguard attacks are for.

Platina is pretty good, but I think Glory Maelstrom is the best candidate we've yet seen of BT09 to be format-defining. On the other hand, the counter decks are still there, and Maelstrom does not have some of the big off-the-board advantages that The End did where half of its grade 3s could be found in two trial decks, and past competitive decks were of the same clan. I'm really looking forward to what the post-BT09 tournament scene is like.

Last edited by Touya on Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Shard
    Shard
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : -5

Post by Shard Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:39 pm

holy f*** on a sandwich, batman! ...How did I know this was going to be busted as hell?

...I want to know what the hell this has to do with AqForce though.

I still perfer regular maelstrom...D: easier to get the LB although this swings for bigger easier once you have it. Not as much reward for hitting though, but honestly...wat.

4 Maelstrom
    2 Benedict
    2 Glory Maelstrom?
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:53 pm

4 Glory
    4 Benedict or Maelstrom
    Shard
    Shard
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : -5

Post by Shard Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:55 pm

Jade Harley wrote:4 Glory
    4 Benedict or Maelstrom

I guess. I can always swap out the glorys for benedict and diamantes for the bt08 build.

...not that really matters because Bashir gets you to 4 attacks anyway and lol stand triggers.
    Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Johnny Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:17 pm

I'ma quote a friend of mine on this unit's transformation:

Looks like the early suspicions of Glory Maelstrom having an ability that is completely different from its original form, and Aqua Force in general, due to the influence of Void (or the mysterious force if it ends up being something different from the anime) are turning out to be right.

From what I can infer from the ability, Maelstrom, and consequently Leon, will stop at nothing to achieve the goal of restoring Aqua Force to its former glory, even if it means losing himself to Void, thus the lack of connection of its ability with the whole of Aqua Force. It would also explain his rather demonic appearance, which makes him look much darker than before.

Maelstrom's "evolution" appears to be of a different kind than the other crossrides, and if anything seems to have degraded his character.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:20 pm

wait how did it degrade his character
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

Post by Ashiok Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:30 pm

This just makes "Glorious" seem like a pretty dumb name choice.
    Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Johnny Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:35 pm

Going by his completely mutilated appearance, it does seem like he's been degraded to a point where he's said "Shit this f***, I'm going to do anything I can to make sure my plan works out". Like how you do underhanded shit to get your shit done. "The End Justifies the Means". And anyhow, 'Glory' is supposed to mean, from what I know, that his power is beyond imaginable that he's just 'glorious'.
    Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Johnny Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:26 pm

Changed to cotd.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:45 pm

Holy f****** shit that lore.

... Wait, I'm lost. The sealed Fleet Admiral gave him this power and he's... stronger than Maelstrom?
    Didn't regular Maelstrom's lore say he was the strongest? o -o
    Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Johnny Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:09 pm

He's the strongest Aqua Force alive, but he's only Vice-Admiral. The Fleet Admiral, however, outranks him, and we'll never know who he is until Narukami and their I UNSEAL SHIT units decide to be a-holes and unseal 'em. (I kid about that last part, since we all know the Fleet Admiral ain't comin' back)

That and "he is currently the strongest warrior in all of 'Aqua Force'" just means that he's currently the strongest, which seems to imply that he's the most powerful one alive atm. :v
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:18 pm

... Huh. Okay I can understand that. I assume the quote and him taking the admiral's power is Maelstrom now sharing the exact same thoughts of him.

It says that he obtained the power of the ancient tyrant/conqueror. So this means that Glory Maelstrom isn't the ancient tear dragon before, but the Admiral was?
    Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Johnny Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:24 pm

He's definitely an ancient Tear Dragon, but who knows if the Fleet Admiral's a dragon, or some other being. (Pfft, let's not kid ourselves, it's Japan. It'll be a Dragon.)
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 4

Post by Kyousuke Kousaka Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:25 pm

The Fleet Admiral is clearly some kind of Demon Dragon formed from the Void, then, based on my understanding.

Seems a little superficial, but then again, I feel like we're entering an age where cards get "tainted" in a fashion that results in cards getting hybridized with Shadows or something...we'll just have to see.
    Touya
    Touya
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 16

Post by Touya Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:20 pm

It seems like the lore is choosing to ditch the Void plot in favor of the Aqua Force's leaders enacting a plan for a Greater East Magallanica Co-Prosperity Sphere. Rather than being afflicted with a severe case of EEEEVIIILLLL, they have an honest, vested belief that uniting Cray through militarism will bring prosperity.

Though, both Blaster Overlord and Glory Maelstrom have skills that are disconnected from their clan's main mechanics, while The End, Great Daiyuusha, Platina, Goddess Amaterasu and Illuminal Dragon are just the opposite. There is some precedent for the two to be connected, but I'm not sure that I can see the Fleet Admiral as being Void, because...well, so far the only party we know of that can seal clans is Void itself, and in addition to that we haven't actually confirmed that it's canon to the card lore (which tends not to see eye-to-eye with the anime.)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 3:17 pm