Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Cursed Lancer

Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : -1

Cursed Lancer Empty Cursed Lancer

Post by Johnny Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:50 am

May as well discuss it since it's in BT04 as an R. Or discuss the fact that it's in a really low-yet-great rarity. Whatever.

Cursed Lancer 300px-BT04-025EN-R_%28Sample%29
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

Cursed Lancer Empty Re: Cursed Lancer

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:52 am

I really like it,with as many CB using cards SP has. I never seem to hit with him though.
    Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Johnny Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:56 am

Just like all other Bellicosity Dragon clones:

It just isn't allowed to hit.

Ever.

Not unless your opponent's either not worth their salt, or they've got a relatively low amount of shield in their hand.

Whether or not it hits isn't anything, simply because that means it's doing the job perfectly, applying pressure to a point where your opponent has to make a stupid move in order to prevent something from happening... despite that Shadow Paladin doesn't exactly have good CB'ing units outside of Nemain and whatsherfacethatCB's2foraS.Call.

And then BT10 introduces a whole clustershit of CB'ing Shadow Paladins with decent skills. /shot

To note, for anyone that didn't figure it out or find out sooner or later, The Dark DICKtator and Silvest are 2 promos per box of BT04, so you get an alternative boss should your box be shit.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:01 am

Hmm I never thought about it like that Smile Well Ive learned something today.

I'll be someone hoping for some good Shadow Paladins in Set 10 Smile
    Touya
    Touya
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 16

Post by Touya Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:33 pm

Ironically one of the most-hyped promo cards back in Japan, since he was revealed before even the ride chain was, and yet until Nemain and Macha's skills were revealed sixteen and nine days before BT04 came out, Lancer wasn't really something we could find need for. I'd say he should definitely be in an Overlord deck, but unless you're using Macha or Shadow!Libra, he's not particularly essential elsewhere.

I at least...can't really find a fit for him in my working Dictator-Dragon deck. Not for a lack of counterblasts to unflip because Nemain still happens, but instead because of a lack of space. In BT04 you're required to have maximum stand triggers, so Rugos is still a four-of, and generally you want to max out grade 1 space rather than grade 2 space so that there's still room for Charon and Arianrhod for those openings where you miss Javelin.
    Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Johnny Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:53 pm

Yeah, I've found little room for him too, especially when it matters the most. Eventually I forego'd the Rugos, and yet I always feel like the deck's not properly functioning without a good stand-alone beat-stick. =/

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:32 am