Suicide

Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 17

Suicide

Post by Ruby on Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:40 am

Discuss the thought of you or someone close committing suicide, and the events that would occur afterwards.

Like how that one girl killed herself in the article in the bullying thread, and everyone in her school suddenly cared.

I wanna hear cgc's thoughts on it.

"You can't pay back what you owe with money!!"

Kira
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 6

Re: Suicide

Post by Kira on Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:46 am

If you're going to commit suicide, don't announce it on a message board. Tacky. In all seriousness, I'm never really cried at anything sad. Sure, I would definitely be sad, but I wouldn't cry over their death. And I don't get why so many people hole up in secret when they're sad enough to kill themselves. Sure, it's sad, but speak up about your problems.

Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 17

Post by Ruby on Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:49 am

Kira wrote:And I don't get why so many people hole up in secret when they're sad enough to kill themselves. Sure, it's sad, but speak up about your problems.

Because people mock them for considering it, calling them emo and the like. :v
    It's not easy to speak your mind when you have the idea that people will make it worse.

"You can't pay back what you owe with money!!"

Kira
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 6

Post by Kira on Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:00 am

I guess it's just that I've never had that problem that makes it so easy to say. Other than the whole not crying when I'm sad deal, I'm very open with my emotions

Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Post by Rodrigo on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:12 pm

A thought that never passed through my head, but the experience I gained granted me a small ability of understanding how the mind of someone that thinks about ending it all works.

It is quite the selfish action from a general standpoint, but that is nowhere near the only side of the thing you have to look at. Countless factors, several years of sufferings which create a snow ball state making everything progressively worse, and big influence from people make thinking about suicide a common thing.

If humanity were less selfish by nature, suicide would be a very, very small thing. But we lose to ourselves.

Elite Member

Rep : 22

Post by Dae of Judgment on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:18 pm

I don't really know, I never had much of a concept of it.
    Suicide is a chemical reaction though, there is always a reason that it came to be, but usually the person who contemplates it is at fault. They have a feeling, that feeling gets pushed and it breaks them. Usually suicide is apart of an idea though, at least you think about it one time in your life.

Overall, I find it to be interesting how people go about it. Tragic how much it gets publicized and you only start to care once you here about it. And some stories are really exaggerated as to why it came to be. That is the mind games your emotion plays, I guess.

Yuzuru Otonashi
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 18

Post by Yuzuru Otonashi on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:23 pm

Oh boy, lemme go find those...

My thoughts:

Suicide is a sad, horrible thing that should never have to happen, yet people are driven to a point where they feel absolutely hopeless and/or worthless and feel life isn't worth living anymore.

People say that those who kill themselves are cowards, but it's not with the distaste that you say someone who runs away from his duty is a coward. It's a remorseful sense of them being too scared to continue life because they were just beat down until they couldn't take it anymore. Even the times when someone is psychotic and kills themselves/others, there's still sorrow looming along with some distaste.

If someone you know is going to kill themselves, you fight for them until you have no fight left in you and then some. You don't just turn a blind eye, because surely you wouldn't want someone to give up on you in your greatest time of need. They might hate you for it for a while, but they'll one day thank you for what you did.

Each life is precious, pure gold, and needs to be treated as such. If society as a whole were better, maybe there would be less endless despair that leads to this bad ending. And the worst part is that it's NOT a singular act. It's like stabbing everyone that you love and loved you, telling them their life and feelings meant nothing to you, or at least not enough to live. It's a painful feeling for anyone to think that their loved one(s) died because they weren't good enough, but it is fairly common for such feelings to arise in their hearts, sometimes causing a chain reaction of death.

If you didn't read it all, it's a heartbreaking thing that shouldn't exist, yet it does, and it affects too many people.
    Caeda's thoughts:

For me... The biggest thing I hate about suicide isn't the act itself... It's how people may KNOW about it, but not even try to help.

I mean... When I first started being active and got on Duel Monsters Genesis, I was... Fairly suicidal myself (Still am sometimes) and it was no fun... I couldn't enjoy life, school was miserable, I always felt alone, and it was all around one of the most miserable times of my life.

Well, I didn't say anything about, to anyone online or offline, and I just went on. Eventually, it got to the point where I didn't want to be around people, so I would just run off from the main group on DMG. No one noticed, no one cared, I was alone and I was slowly convincing myself it was a good idea. No one cared when I was gone then, why would they care if I was gone after that? I didn't have many friends at school, and at home... Well, home was the one time I was happy, but that was mainly because of the internet.

Either way, around February of 2011, I started making plans. I had a place I could run off too... I started writing a note. One to my family, and one to my friends online... I went through multiple drafts... All of them had different messages, but the same base idea.

Except for the message to one person. You all know him as Yuzuru Otonashi or Black. I was gonna tell him that I had feelings for him... And I would miss him more then anything.

During all this, I kept getting on DMG and being around Black made it harder and harder for me to think about doing it, but I thought I would be happier. My feelings for him kept growing and growing, making it harder for me to be happy with the message I wrote, making me write it over and over so I could tell him how special he really was to me...

So March rolls around and around the 15th I finished the final draft... I was gonna send it on the 22nd of March, then I could end it.

On the 19th of March, Black told me he loved me.

Here I am.

What I'm getting at is, Black didn't even KNOW he was helping me most of the time. As far as he knew, I was just unhappy and needed to talk to someone. But he cared enough to listen to me.

We fell in love, and we're still together today. Things can be tough, and I do lapse back to... That, but I know I can trust Black to help snap me out of it, along with my other friends.

If you DO know someone who's suicidal, don't convince yourself you can't do anything to help them. You might be way more wrong then you ever knew.

If you ARE suicidal... Don't give up yet. Things may be hard... They may seem impossible... But they'll get better. You just need help... It doesn't have to b someone you love. It can be a close friend... You just need someone to help you. I wouldn't have been able to do it without Black.

I literally would be dead if it wasn't for him.

Elite Member

Rep : 29

Post by Garazza on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:33 pm

A permanent solution to a temporary problem.

"When the sky has cleared and rains have passed, I still won't forget the past"

"Why do humans always look to the sky? Why do you try so hard to fly when you don't have any wings?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:06 am