Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Mako109
Striker
Shaped Like Itself
Welche
RAEG
Armz
Dae of Judgment
Serenade
Rodrigo
Ashiok
HiveNet
Kira
Jordan, Lich Lord
17 posters

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Kira
    Kira
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 6

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~ - Page 25 Empty Re: The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Post by Kira Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:57 am

I know that feeling. Happened to me a ton in Chess club. Sucks when you screw up and since it's a carefree club they show you where you went wrong, because it draws light to the fact that you messed up.
    Striker
    Striker
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 3

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~ - Page 25 Empty Re: The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Post by Striker Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:22 am

Kira, this was actually a competition. My team is now 3-2 for the year.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:29 pm

It takes a really sick person to go shooting an Elementary School...
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Post by Rodrigo Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:46 pm

Why does this happen so frequently on the USA?
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 7

Post by HiveNet Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:01 pm

Huge country, ergo lots of people, ergo massive chance of someone being insane enough to justify to themselves doing that.

And, from my understanding it's rather easy to get a Gun in the US.
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 22

Post by Dae of Judgment Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:17 pm

It is even more scary for me because I live not even 30 minutes from the school.....
    Welche
    Welche
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 8

Post by Welche Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:22 pm

It has nothing to do with the population, rather the gun control. In the US you have a right to own a gun. Here is my stance:

People are generally against gun control because they want protection. They believe that due to the black market, criminals will be able to get their hands on guns if they want to. That is generally true. You can't completely eliminate guns. What gun control does do is make it harder to get guns, particularly for the mentally disturbed. It also lowers the number of people who own guns in the general population meaning arguments cannot escalate and revenge cannot be carried out.

There are stats flying around that show gun deaths in the US versus other countries.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:42 pm

I think we need to have better Gun Control. We also need to make more restrictions on who can own weapons. If someone is mentally disturbed or has anger issues they shouldn't be able to buy a gun. That's just asking for trouble.

There are also some guns I think people should just not own, I dont see any reason for someone to have a AK 47 sitting in there house.
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by HiveNet Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:56 pm

Thing is though... It's kinda easy to hide some mental disorders if you need to. And thats what makes the idea impractical sadly.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

Post by Ashiok Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:04 pm

The big problem is that since guns have been legal in america for such a large amount of time, trying to ban them isn't as simple as it sounds.

Alcohol has been prohibited in the past, and that did nothing but form one of the largest black markets ever, practically forcing for it to be made legal again. The same issue will apply to guns, especially since so many US citizens own them. It's just impossible to try to get such a situation under control. Effectively, they dug their own grave by allowing the right to bear arms.

I'm just glad weaponry is neither widely available or usable here, one of the reasons I don't plan on going to America is because being around guns especially when I don't know the user has actually been trained with them makes me incredibly nervous.
    Kira
    Kira
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Kira Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:03 am

We actually can't prohibit gun ownership without an amendment to the constitution which we never want to do. We can strengthen the regulations on purchasing guns, and increase the age to get a license, but as Chris said, that'd just be worse. There really is no fix for this beside what we already do, which is to take each case as it comes and deal with it separately. It's sad but I have no idea what else would work
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:40 am

So how has everyone been today?

Im thinking of making a R/W humans deck. Might post it up later.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:46 am

Had to sit through 3 mock exams today, so was pretty damn bored.

Also found out one of my shoes is leaky... which was really not very good today since it was pouring with rain, hard as hell, literally all day.

Been playing way too much mtg this afternoon though. Rod kinda brought up how fast I learned how to play and deckbuild, and actually made me reflect on how much better I've actually gotten, so I'm pretty proud of that. Now just need to really learn how to build a good manabase, since my decklists seem to go incredibly well almost all the time, and most of my technical play seems to be pretty sound if I'm concentrating properly.
    Kira
    Kira
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Kira Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:02 am

Took my county college placement test, exempt in math, proficient in reading, so no basic skills classes when I enroll so that's good. At work on my break, currently.
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Dae of Judgment Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:16 am

Jordan, Lich Lord wrote:So how has everyone been today?

Im thinking of making a R/W humans deck. Might post it up later.
    Totally going to post my list then Very Happy

Uhm, a shooting took place only 30 minutes from me. Got into a car crash. And got 2 Lotleth Trolls, a Rakdos Return and another Abrupt Decay.
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by HiveNet Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:09 pm

I'll post mine as well, since it's my favourite deck at the moment.

You get any floods Chris? I was nearly stranded an hour away from home by some.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:44 pm

Haven't heard of there being any floods around East Anglia at all, actually. Had no trouble with any either, although it's been raining all day, and all of yesterday.
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by HiveNet Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:11 pm

We've had a dry day on the border, which is shocking given how close I am to Wales.

It was a good day for a Vanguard tournie outside Very Happy
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:34 pm

So hows everyone been today?

I made my RW Human deck. It looks good to me, but I think I'll post it up for you guys to see. Always helpfull to get other people opinions.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:04 am

I take it my saying "Why play Boros humans when G/W are quite clearly so much better?" is unwanted.

But that's just me and my general distaste for strictly inferior decks.

Not to mention if it's for the Red, then Rakdos aggro is better, but I digress.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:15 am

I saw a thread about GW Humans some time ago on another forum, it looked kind of cool too. Might try it out.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:19 am

It and Rakdos Aggro are by far the two best aggro decks in standard.

Although, I guess Brian Kibler's new version of fight club might get kinda close depending on how well it performs over time.

Boros honestly should just wait for Gatecrash, imo.

Hmm, for once I'm actually considering a mill deck, and I use the term kinda loosely. Playing Esper Control with 5 wraths, a Jace, Memory Adept and a Sands of Delirium along with an Elixir of Immortality... Going deep sounds fun, and standard is pretty much a deckbuilder's paradise right now, in a sense. I gotta get to work on this one...
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:02 am

Watching some Toy Story 2 now Smile

Re watching these and understanding more then when you were a kid is fun Smile
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Dae of Judgment Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:47 am

Azorius Humans is a lot stronger than Boros right now because of Sublime and Geist. Mostly Geist though. Selesnya could do well but isn't even close to being as good as either of them really. Boros is just a really fun build to play more than either though.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:36 am

Selesnya is the build that's actually putting up results. Azorius doesn't perform nearly as well anymore, Selesnya's just plain better.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:38 am