Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Mako109
Striker
Shaped Like Itself
Welche
RAEG
Armz
Dae of Judgment
Serenade
Rodrigo
Ashiok
HiveNet
Kira
Jordan, Lich Lord
17 posters

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Kira
    Kira
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 6

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~ - Page 14 Empty Re: The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Post by Kira Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:34 pm

See? Only half an hour. And we don't leave for another 1.5
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~ - Page 14 Empty Re: The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Post by Rodrigo Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:37 pm

Perfect.
    Welche
    Welche
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 8

Post by Welche Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:30 am

Just re-found the YCML youtube account. Not sure if I really want to listen to the commentary...
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 7

Post by HiveNet Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:34 pm

What was YCML?

And I'm so happy with the new stuff for CFV. This will make my planned fic so much easier plotwise I hope.

How is everyone today?
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:54 pm

Ive been playing Assassins Creed 3 and Holy Plot twists I love it. Smile
    Striker
    Striker
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 3

Post by Striker Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:17 am

I've been watching college football for most of the day. I may play some Reach later on.
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by HiveNet Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:43 pm

How fareth everyone this day?
    Kira
    Kira
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Kira Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:54 pm

Making an IRL deck and since my selections are low, it will more than likely suck. But oh, well.
    Welche
    Welche
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 8

Post by Welche Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:04 pm

Paper writing T.T
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by HiveNet Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:12 pm

Ouch Welche.

And what deck is it?
    Kira
    Kira
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Kira Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:16 pm

It's MtG, not sure if you're one of the players on here. It's a mono-red Goblin deck.
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by HiveNet Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:22 pm

I played an EDH game with you remember... xD

And oh cool. I have a Standard Goblin deck. Its lousy, but its fun. I prefer my other Agro deck. 2 OTK in the same turn is great fun.
    Kira
    Kira
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Kira Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:30 pm

You feel like helping me test it? I have it on Cockatrice.
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by HiveNet Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:33 pm

I'd love to, but alas dinner becons.
    Kira
    Kira
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Kira Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:34 pm

Ok, just let me know lol
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Post by Rodrigo Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:37 pm

I'm freaking amazing.

I attended a Modern tourney today. Using Grixis Control, I went 2-3. But one of the games was memorable and possibly my best game ever:

Opponent was playing some sort of weird Near-Death Experience deck (like, really bad matchup against me). So I could freely use Jace until his ultimate, and with it, I got his Angel's Grace (he had nothing better >_>) and my Nicol Bolas. After getting Bolas to 11 loyalty, during his end step, I use Cyclonic Rift and bounce his entire field full of enchantments, and his hand gets pretty big so he discards down to 7. Best part is, he had only 8 lands. So on my turn I use Bolas' ultimate, wipe his entire hand and leave him with just one Plains, and got Frost Titan and Niv-Mizzet back last turn from his Journeys to Nowhere.

Still, his deck had such a terrible matchup against mine, and it was so badly built... doesn't change the fact that is was my best move ever.
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by HiveNet Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:14 pm

That does sound awesome...

Mine is either the surviving Bolas, to flashback think twice, to fog, to Jace, Memory Adept and mill for game, or one of the two which happened the other day.

Using my W/R human Agro in a Star Magic Game. I wound up against two mill decks. My deck was thinned out to one card. I drawn Angel of Glories Rise, summon it, and OTK both of them with I think it was 110/110's with Haste. I think. It was something crazy.

Or getting 4 Sublime Archangels on one field for huge numbers in my exalted deck. (I was proxying them since the guy was testing for a standard tournament and didn't have everything yet)
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:21 pm

I dont have a best move ever yet....I need to play more EDH to do something crazy.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

Post by Ashiok Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:49 pm

I've had quite a few huge plays, but almost all of them involve Tamiyo's ultimate.

Most memorable huge play was kicking a Rite of Rep on Rampaging Baloths then playing a fetch land, though.
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 22

Post by Dae of Judgment Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:25 pm

Mine was when someone Day of Judgmented my creatures. I Hurkyl Recall them all back into my hand, played a Shimmer Myr, Palladium, and two Galvanizer. I waited until I reached my turn to Play Molten-Tail. With Consecrated Sphinx, two Havengul Liches in the grave, I exiled them to deal 12 damage to the player. I have never done something like that in some time. It was my first time at a Modern Tourny too.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:59 am

So how was everyone today? or...yesterday I suppose.
    Kira
    Kira
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Kira Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:26 pm

I bought 12 cards I needed for my Vampires on TCGPlayer yesterday. All the cards that cost less than 50 cents. Unless I missed some. Now I just need 2 copies of Liliana of the Veil, 4 Cavern of Souls, 4 Blood Artists (which are surprisingly expensive), 3 Bloodline Keepers, 1 Olivia Voldaren, 3 Vampire Nocturnus's, and 2 Dragonskull Summits (though I might replace those for Rakdos Guildgates to save money)
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

Post by Ashiok Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:48 pm

So, you have to spend like $150 just to make the rest of the deck decent?

I've been checking CFB's Cyber Week deals on stuff I want, and holy f*** I can get 4x of everything I was hoping to get, including shipping, for like half the price I'd get it for otherwise. Gonna have an ok U/W tokens list and seriously upgrade my Golgari midrange deck. Can't really get anything for the G/W aggro/midrange deck my brother and dad like to use a lot, but idek what those decks should be running, and everything I can think of costs too much.
    Kira
    Kira
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Kira Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:12 pm

Total, yeah. But I'll be buying them in small clips. Like 10 bucks max unless one copy costs as much.
    Luna Ori
    Luna Ori
    Baka
    Baka

Post by Luna Ori Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:06 pm

So I can play Cockatrice now.

:3

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:17 am