Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Chris' Deck Garage

Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

Chris' Deck Garage Empty Chris' Deck Garage

Post by Ashiok Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:37 pm

Figured that instead of inevitably spamming the crap out of here, I'll just post my decks in one thread, people can comment as they wish on whatever decks, for whatever formats.

I'll order decks in their own formats (Standard, modern then EDH) in order of how frequently I use them, the most used being first, and the least used being last. (Don't worry, I'm not going to be posting decks I never use, just legit stuff.)

Standard stuff will be rotating soon, but I still want them to be good while they last, obv.

1. Standard:

U/W/g Control "I'd tap that.":

Golgari Zombies:

G/W/B Séance:

2. Modern:

Mono-W Knights:

Mono-Black Control:

Mono-U Faeries "The cute way to say 'No!' ":

3. EDH Commander (Creatures listed in order of CMC):

Riku of Two Reflections:

Malfegor:

Teneb, the Harvester:

Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund Dragon Tribal:

Last edited by Taylor on Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:41 am; edited 6 times in total
    .Rai
    .Rai
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 26

Chris' Deck Garage Empty Re: Chris' Deck Garage

Post by .Rai Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:28 pm

Your Knights could easily be using Student of Warfare over Knight of Meadowgrain if you wanted. It's preference though. Also, I'd personally use the second Feast or Famine instead of the fourth Steelshaper's Gift.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:33 pm

.Rai wrote:Your Knights could easily be using Student of Warfare over Knight of Meadowgrain if you wanted. It's preference though. Also, I'd personally use the second Feast or Famine instead of the fourth Steelshaper's Gift.

Knight of the Meadowgrain is just much better for immediate impact, since Student of Warfare takes a little while to get going, especially when most of the time I want to be playing Aether Vial or Gift on turn 1, those being the reasons I stopped running him, since he just kinda clogged my hand a lot.

I don't see why I'd need another Feast and Famine, especially over a Gift. 4 Gift is a preference to allow me to toolbox so many equipments, I'm the kind of person that would start cutting equipments if I started cutting Gifts, since they're only as good as they are when they can be tutored at will, imo. And the decks that I want FaF against (typically Jund) don't want to be wasting removal on my artifacts since they lose to any reasonably sized board.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:39 am

Riku EDH updated with RTR stuff.

Golgari Zombies for Post-rotation added.
    .Rai
    .Rai
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 26

Post by .Rai Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:29 pm

Your Golgari Zombies has the biggest lack of Lotleth Troll ever. Unless it's just a mishap, any preference reason why? Also, Rancor doesn't seem bad in G/B Zombies.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:38 pm

.Rai wrote:Your Golgari Zombies has the biggest lack of Lotleth Troll ever. Unless it's just a mishap, any preference reason why? Also, Rancor doesn't seem bad in G/B Zombies.

Because it's a 2/1 that will rarely become good because I like actually being able to use the cards in my hand, and using up dead land isn't a good enough reason in a land-low deck, especially with all the other good options the deck has.

Rancor doesn't seem worth the inclusion. It's not like I'm playing massive 8/8s, I'm playing 2/1s and 2/2s for the most part, which my opponent doesn't want to waste their kill or bounce spells on since they're so cheap and some can be easily brought back when killed, emphasised further with Blood Artist. Rancor gives them a window of opportunity that allows them to use a kill or bounce spell and it not be a total waste, and actually generate them advantage.

tl;dr, if it doesn't improve consistency or in any way can hinder it, I don't want to run it.

EDIT: Even worse, he only discards creatures for +1/+1 counters, that has literally no synergy except for with Gravecrawler, and is otherwise a 2/1 regen creature that... doesn't do anything.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:55 pm

Changed the OP to remove old standard, so now it's all Post-RTR. Mostly everything outside of the standard section may need RTR updates. Also added U/W/g control to standard.
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 4

Post by Kyousuke Kousaka Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:02 pm

You should totally consider running Armada Wurm as the finisher in Bant Control. Two 5/5s for 6, when you have board advantage, is absolute beauty at its finest.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:05 pm

Don't want to focus on Green that much, though, since outside of creatures it's useless, hence why the only Green card I'm even using is Thragtusk. I'd rather run Drogskol and Entreat as finishers. Entreat's the main finisher as it is, and I don't need anything else to mass token summon since I can outlast aggro decks to the point Entreat WILL be online. Drogskol is kinda pricey, but card advantage and life is much, much nicer than 2 5/5s. If Green had a more practical application, I'd consider the Wurm, but Green's better for midrange, rather than control, Thragtusk is just too important with the likely format to pass up. The Flying is also ridiculously important on Reaver, for evasion and for defensive reasons.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:23 pm

Updated Golgari Zombies and added Malfegor EDH.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:41 am

G/W/B Séance added to standard.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:11 pm