Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Chris' Post-Gatecrash Standard Deck Garage

Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

Chris' Post-Gatecrash Standard Deck Garage Empty Chris' Post-Gatecrash Standard Deck Garage

Post by Ashiok Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:40 pm

Thanks to GTC's minimal inclusions my decks haven't changed at all.

I kid, of course, GTC's done some amazing things for some of the coolest deck ideas, even if it's only contributed a few cards. In some cases lands, and in some cases win conditions, but anyway, I'll just get onto the decks. In no particular order:

Esper Control:

Boros aggro:

Dimir splash White Heartless Summoning:

Orzhov Zombies:

RWB Ghost Dad lockdown:

Omniscience can lead to Unexpected Results:

RUG Midrange:

Mono-Black Control:

And that's all I've got for now that I'm relatively confident in posting. Trust me, there are far more trainwrecks where these came from.

Last edited by Gisela on Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:17 pm; edited 4 times in total
    .Rai
    .Rai
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 26

Chris' Post-Gatecrash Standard Deck Garage Empty Re: Chris' Post-Gatecrash Standard Deck Garage

Post by .Rai Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:29 pm

Jeez, I only just noticed that Wojek Halberdiers was a 3/2 :>

Is Devour Flesh as good as everyone makes out? Unless it has quirky uses of sacrificing your own stuff, I'd rather just use removal.

Kinda sad we have a more expensive Pillory of the Sleepless, but sure. Don't think 3 Orzhov Guildgate is needed. You have so little white investments, you may just use 2 and add an extra Plains or something.

Otherwise sure. Love your take on Omnidoor.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Chris' Post-Gatecrash Standard Deck Garage Empty Re: Chris' Post-Gatecrash Standard Deck Garage

Post by Ashiok Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:41 pm

Yeah, it being a 3/2 made me basically yell "Why on Earth is this common?" when I saw it.

It's Diabolic Edict, think of it like that. I don't care if my opponent gains a bit of life if I get rid of their one creature for 2 mana and it stops the abysmal matchups vs Bant Auras which has been jumping up in use.

Yeah, but it helps deal with Thragtusk so well, and other cards like that. Would have really preferred a Pillory, which is what I said every Orzhov deck would want from GTC, but alas. Oh and 3 Orzhov Guildgate maximises my chance of BBB on turn 3. Sure, it's 23 black sources, but I was having issues when I was trying out the second Plains before the deck reached its current iteration, but Geralf's Messenger is probably the most important card in the deck.

I'm pretty sure Unexpected Results is just about everyone's favourite card from the set, I had to find some way to get it into standard.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Post by Rodrigo Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:12 pm

I've tested the Boros deck and I really like what I saw and played with.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:46 pm

Did anything in particular underperform? From the small testing I've really done with the deck, it only really stumbles when it draws a terrible curve, which can be said for every aggro deck.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Post by Rodrigo Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:47 pm

As all decks playing Rakdos Cackler, drawing it late game is always bad.

You should consider at least 1 Aurelia's Fury.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:58 am

Aurelia's Fury requires me to have flooded like a b****, which just goes entirely against the deck plan and is only good when you'll lose anyway, and is terrible when the deck does what it's meant to do. It's definitely more of a midrange/ramp card than an aggro card.

Added RUG Midrange.

Also added Esper control at the top of the list since it's the deck I intend to use the most.

Edited Unexpected Omniscience to be... well, much sillier by maxing Omniscience and Griselbrand.

Added Mono-Black Control.
    .Rai
    .Rai
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 26

Post by .Rai Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:21 pm

No Nephalia Drownyards in your Esper?
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:20 am

Knew I forgot something important. I'll work on the land base when I'm on my laptop later to fit two Drownyards in.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:18 pm

Actually remembered to add Drownyards to Esper control.

Fixed Orzhov Zombies by replacing One Thousand Lashes with Victim of Nights.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:35 am