Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Kira
Shaped Like Itself
Ashiok
Dae of Judgment
Dusk
LC
Ruka
Welche
Slender Thar
BlindMonkey
Luna Ori
Rodrigo
Raine
Jordan, Lich Lord
Kokonoe
Striker
Serenade
HiveNet
22 posters

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 22

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~ - Page 13 Empty Re: The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Post by Dae of Judgment Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:41 am

Blue-Black actually.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~ - Page 13 Empty Re: The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Post by Ashiok Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:57 am

Mono-Green's the friendliest to new players.

Blue-White/Blue-Black/Mono-Black are obv the most fun though.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Post by Rodrigo Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:06 am

Shocklands confirmed.

Buckets have been filled.
    Striker
    Striker
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 3

Post by Striker Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:13 am

I hope the MtG 2013 toolkit is friendly to me.
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Dae of Judgment Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:13 am

Scarlet Highlights wrote:Shocklands confirmed.

Buckets have been filled.
    With mine as well.
    I can't wait until I get Watery Graves from Gatecrash.
    The ones I have now are as sexy as you<3
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:09 am

Wait what! What have I missed while I was at my locals?
    Striker
    Striker
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 3

Post by Striker Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:21 pm

Apparently MtG spoilers for next month.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:18 am

So what does everyone think of Ravnica so far?
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Dae of Judgment Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:11 am

Tis be cool.
    Needs more Gategrash because of Dimir. Azorius looks like smex though.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:18 am

"Dimir is only a myth Ravnica parents tell there children"

Smile
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Dae of Judgment Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:26 am

Jordan-The Manamancer wrote:"Dimir is only a myth Ravnica parents tell there children"

Smile
    That is false and you know it. They are just annoyed because we of the House of Dimir are a complete secret, always plotting against.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:38 am

And we the House of Golgari are the undergrowth of Ravnica controling every aspect of life and death. Smile

Anyway up for a game of Magic?
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Dae of Judgment Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:45 am

I can go if you want.
    DeathlyFiend, I'll be on in a few.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:35 am

Good game Dae Smile and thanks for those links again.
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Dae of Judgment Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:40 am

No problem.

Jordan has learned the power of Blue-Black Heartless Summoning Molten Combo Myrs.

Nice elve deck though. It ramps up well, and aggros if you have that +3/+3 and Trample card out.

Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:37 am

Am I the only one wh thinks RTR's set symbol looks like Bolas's horns?

I was just staring at a random M13 ad d and it hit me.
    Serenade
    Serenade
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 11

Post by Serenade Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:18 am

>Can't talk
    >Doesn't play MTG

Y U TALK ABOUT IT SO MUCH.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:49 am

Dae Breaker wrote:No problem.

Jordan has learned the power of Blue-Black Heartless Summoning Molten Combo Myrs.

I am actually dead curious how you get Heartless Summoning to work with Myrs, since UB Heartless is one of the most fun decks I've ever played. Do tell. o3o
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Dae of Judgment Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:39 am

Tamiyo wrote:

I am actually dead curious how you get Heartless Summoning to work with Myrs, since UB Heartless is one of the most fun decks I've ever played. Do tell. o3o
    Heartless Summoning makes everything quicker. It allows me a free burn spell with Perilous Myr, a Sol Ring with Pallladium, A Turn 2+ free beatstick with Myr Superion, using the Myr lord for better mana acceleration and infinite mana if needed. Wurmcoil, Consecrated Sphinx and Steel Hellkite are there as techs because they are amazing at what they do.
    I use Havengul to bring back the creatures i need that die, a infinite loop with Heartless Summoning, Havengul Lich, and Peilous Myr.
    With 2 Galvanizers and Palladium, I have inifinite colorless mana. I fill the graveyard by using Forbidden Alchemy and Molten-Tail Masticore. One I have enough creatures in the grave, the infinite mana loop + Molten-Tails tap 4 ability creates an otk most of the time,
    I can use that loop for Steel Hellkite and swing for infinity and beyond.

In short, it makes the deck quicker, and allows for early combos that can win that game late, mid, or early most of the time.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:49 am

Dae Breaker wrote:
    Tamiyo wrote:

Heartless Summoning makes everything quicker. It allows me a free burn spell with Perilous Myr, a Sol Ring with Pallladium, A Turn 2+ free beatstick with Myr Superion, using the Myr lord for better mana acceleration and infinite mana if needed. Wurmcoil, Consecrated Sphinx and Steel Hellkite are there as techs because they are amazing at what they do.
    I use Havengul to bring back the creatures i need that die, a infinite loop with Heartless Summoning, Havengul Lich, and Peilous Myr.
    With 2 Galvanizers and Palladium, I have inifinite colorless mana. I fill the graveyard by using Forbidden Alchemy and Molten-Tail Masticore. One I have enough creatures in the grave, the infinite mana loop + Molten-Tails tap 4 ability creates an otk most of the time,

In short, it makes the deck quicker, and allows for early combos that can win that game late, mid, or early most of the time.

Sounds ever so slightly more inconsistent than regular Heartless, but I gotta try this some time, holy shit.
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Dae of Judgment Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:54 am

Tamiyo wrote:
    Dae Breaker wrote:
    Tamiyo wrote:

Sounds ever so slightly more inconsistent than regular Heartless, but I gotta try this some time, holy shit.
    Surprisingly, it isn't all that inconsistent in real life I works well.
    The inifintie mana loop is the more inconsistent, but you can just use one galvanizer and swing with every myr, use its ability to untap them after the Battle Phase.
    It has the ability to just aggro the opponent.

But yeah, give it a shot if you want. Everyone else here knows how much I obsessed over myrs in general for the past 6 months anyways.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:59 am

Well, Heartless is a pretty consistent deck anyway, given that it should generally have 4 Ponder and 4 Alchemy anyway, digging for Heartless, and then searches whenever it casts a big creature anyway if you've got Rune-Scarred and/or Sphinx of Uthuun. I was really just saying that the loop sounds inconsistent, but given that the deck works without it then that's not a problem.
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Dae of Judgment Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:04 am

It is the same basis for this deck. 4 Ponders. 4 Forbidden Alchemies, it just digs away to get the little guys though.
    And the deck is what originally got me into competitive mtg.
    I just find heartless summoning to be one hell of a card though.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:07 am

Dae Breaker wrote:It is the same basis for this deck. 4 Ponders. 4 Forbidden Alchemies, it just digs away to get the little guys though.
    And the deck is what originally got me into competitive mtg.
    I just find heartless summoning to be one hell of a card though.

When a card essentially ramps you 2 mana for just 2 CMC, then I suppose that's the only way to describe it.

Heck, I haven't even found the -1/-1 to affect me when all my creatures have evasion anyway, or are named Frost Titan.
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Dae of Judgment Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:13 am

I guess you're right.
    Same here. It is really not much of a draw back.
    The only thing about bothers me about the deck is the +1/+1 from Myr Galvanizer. It helps a lot, but it stops me from using Perilous a lot of the times.
    But Frost Titan, I never though of using it in Heartless Summoning decks, but it seems really useful, and doesn't seem like it is easily affected by much.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 2:47 pm