Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Kira
Shaped Like Itself
Ashiok
Dae of Judgment
Dusk
LC
Ruka
Welche
Slender Thar
BlindMonkey
Luna Ori
Rodrigo
Raine
Jordan, Lich Lord
Kokonoe
Striker
Serenade
HiveNet
22 posters

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Welche
    Welche
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 8

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~ - Page 10 Empty Re: The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Post by Welche Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:56 pm

The worst part is that I'm not sure where to buy cards now. I love opening packs. Haters can hate, but the feeling of new cards is amazing.

Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~ - Page 10 Empty Re: The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Post by Ashiok Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:03 pm

As much as buying singles is generally better for value, I'll agree that there is a lot of fun in opening packs, especially when you open exactly what you want.

White Night Dragon and Trident Dragion in the span of two minutes <3
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Post by Rodrigo Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:19 pm

I agree.

Nothing feels like the anxiety of finding out which Rare card you got. And even the feeling of disappointment of pulling a junk Rare is good IMO.

It's just... money wise, it's awful.

I'll still buy myself a Booster Box someday. 36 packs~
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 22

Post by Dae of Judgment Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:21 pm

I like opening packs and all. I just usually never get the cards I want and i want so many.
    I buy my cards online or at my card shop, or even trade. I love just having the card in my hand, knowing that I worked to get the card too is an amazing feeling.
    But opening packs allow for so much thought to what the cards do, what you want to do and whatever.
    Welche
    Welche
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Welche Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:43 pm

Booster Boxes are heaven. I've only bought one, but opening it was amazing (though I did pull the shitz with a Dolkka, Hunter and some other rando 20$ card)
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:20 am

Ah Im bored. So whats up with all of you?
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 7

Post by HiveNet Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:21 am

Preparing for sleep.

And, playing Pokemon.

Yourself?
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:23 am

Listening to FMA openings, L's theme from Death Note and Finish the Promise from Tales of the abyss Smile

However youve given me the strangest feeling to play pokemon again.
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by HiveNet Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:27 am

I've just started Black And White, and its more of a challange than any of the games from before. Partially becuase i don't know any of the pokemon. And becuase nothing but Normals. Normals for about the first half an hour....

And intresting. I'm trying to work out where the bloody adds that play and advertize products I never want are coming from. They play on any page. ANY. I can never listen to songs becuase there on in the background.....................................

rant over.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:29 am

I hate all normals. There just useless to me most of the time.

I mainly use a team of 1 of Fire, Grass, Water, Eletric, Fighting, and the last one is a coin flip for whatever is strongest against the Gym im playing against.

and yes I hate adsd too. Obama ads have been getting on my nerves too. If I could vote Id vote for the other guy just to shut them up.
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by HiveNet Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:34 am

In Diamond and Pearl, I managed to work out a team that was strong against everything that had a weakness.

Infernape, Gyrados, Alakasam, Luxaray Torterra, and starraptor.

It was so fun. of course I need to trade to get it, but still. Still, those were the days, I have to try and work out the best team right now. Which, aint going well.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:43 am

Ads? What you don't have adblock?
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by HiveNet Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:45 am

I dont know. Normally I can find them and Mute them, or change the page. These didn't exist, and just made noise to annoy me.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:06 am

So um.......This silence is awkward.

What would the average size of a MTG tournament be? How many people should I get in it before starting it?
    Welche
    Welche
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Welche Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:13 am

Can you play MTG online? Is now a good time to start playing?
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:15 am

Cockatrice let's you play online. It's something you can download.
    Welche
    Welche
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Welche Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:16 am

Does it work on Mac?
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:18 am

I honestly have no idea. Let me go check.

Edit- Yes it can

http://cockatrice.de/index.php?a=download
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:26 am

Now is a pretty weird time to start playing standard since 5 sets are rotating out in October.

That's not particularly a bad thing, just means it's bad to try investing in any of those sets irl.
    Welche
    Welche
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Welche Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:27 am

Oh I wont invest in cards till I actually like the game and know the cards.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:27 am

Yeah you maywant to wait until october to start standard. That's when everything roates and we start fresh.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:33 am

Fresh meaning odds are Delver remains the best deck if it gets a few decent cards, G/W midrange will likely be a huge contender, and we lose all them Titans.
    Welche
    Welche
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Welche Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:35 am

Also where can I learn?
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:45 am

I learned by downloading the demo to duels of the planeswalkers on the x-box.

I dont really know where other poeple go.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:51 am

I learned the very basics from watching and playing Duel of the Planeswalkers.

Personally, I just kinda adapted to standard by reading over some stuff on MTG Salvation ( http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/ ) and also watching Wizards' coverage on their YT channgel. ( https://www.youtube.com/wizardsmtg ). Generally testing stuff and being a fast learner helps, and personally I love the theory behind the game so I actually improve and work on that more than just playing the game, but I'm weird like that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 10:33 am