Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Kira
Shaped Like Itself
Ashiok
Dae of Judgment
Dusk
LC
Ruka
Welche
Slender Thar
BlindMonkey
Luna Ori
Rodrigo
Raine
Jordan, Lich Lord
Kokonoe
Striker
Serenade
HiveNet
22 posters

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 22

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~ - Page 25 Empty Re: The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Post by Dae of Judgment Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:17 pm

I just finished the Basic Land art findings for my set. I am going to finish the rest of the lands soon hopefully.
    Kira
    Kira
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 6

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~ - Page 25 Empty Re: The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Post by Kira Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:21 pm

I'm looking for people to review my list of trade possibilities for the RtR prerelease. I want to know what cards are more likely to fetch good cards for my Vamps.
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 7

Post by HiveNet Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:25 pm

I'm doing Chemistry.

And wondering if I should build a Deck garage like other people have done here
    Kira
    Kira
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Kira Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:27 pm

I would, but I need to get better at deck making first, so I can make multiple.
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Dae of Judgment Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:29 pm

I only have one for IRL.
    I could easily make one for online, but that would be way too many decks. :/
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by HiveNet Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:30 pm

Oh i meant a deck Garage of my random decks from IRL.

I make a new one after random thoughts every so often.

I have to say Dae, I like your exalted deck. Quite similar to mine. Obviously.
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Dae of Judgment Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:34 pm

It being doing okay. I am probably going to put in a Fencing Ace/Rakdos Shred-Freak or something along those lines. I need to get some Sublime, but i am saving money for them if no one has them. I also need Champion of the Parish, some foil basic lands, Cavern of Souls, Silver Paladins.
    I am going to edit it off and on to mess around with the better pieces of it.

But not all decks are going to be closely related to each other just because they have a basic theme.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

Post by Ashiok Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:49 pm

My problem with translating any of the decks I love to play online, to IRL use, is that I love to shove a ton of mythic rares into my decks. Just by nature that I like decks that can consistently cast the biggest and best cards.

Still hoping Rune-Scarred Demon gets reprinted somewhere in this cycle, so far I'm definitely considering Grixis Heartless as an IRL deck to invest in.
    Kira
    Kira
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Kira Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:04 pm

Anyone up for a game? Standard?
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Dae of Judgment Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:09 pm

Tamiyo wrote:My problem with translating any of the decks I love to play online, to IRL use, is that I love to shove a ton of mythic rares into my decks. Just by nature that I like decks that can consistently cast the biggest and best cards.

Still hoping Rune-Scarred Demon gets reprinted somewhere in this cycle, so far I'm definitely considering Grixis Heartless as an IRL deck to invest in.
    Keep hoping.

My issue is that I have to have a deck online before I do anything IRL. And I would never run the deck most of the time if it doesn't have every card that it needs.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:20 pm

Actually, after checking most of the prices for a good Heartless deck, I think I could afford it quite nicely, just depends how much Shock lands end up going for, since they're incredibly important, even Havengul Lich doesn't cost much for a mythic, and Dracogenius probably won't cost a fortune either. Guess it comes down to how much hype Desecration Demon gets, which will affect his price tag. I should have enough either way, just if Shocks are remotely the same price as they were, I don't want to fork out $40 just for a playset of one.
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Dae of Judgment Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:36 pm

Shocklands are probably still going to be up there and going to be in more high demand now since they are in Standard.
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by HiveNet Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:38 pm

Shocklands are the duel type land with the life cost right?

Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Post by Rodrigo Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:41 pm

HiveNet wrote:Shocklands are the duel type land with the life cost right?

Yeah, you "take a shock" (which is 2 damage and the name of the card) to get them untapped.

They're considered the best dual lands since the original ones from Alpha.
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Dae of Judgment Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:45 pm

They are fetchable. Allow M10 and Innistrad lands to not come in tapped. Why shouldn't they be good?
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:52 pm

Urgh, why does wanting to go Grixis mean I have to run 2 different shocks, then a 3rd when Gatecrash comes in (or whenever we get Watery Grave)? ;-;
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by HiveNet Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:52 pm

Hmm, they are intresting I'll give you that.

My local meta is kind.. terribad, so I'm probably going to go without them.
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Dae of Judgment Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:55 pm

Even if you don't go with them, we have Innistrad, evolving wilds, and M10 lands together. It should be okay at locals even if you don't play with them.
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by HiveNet Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:59 pm

Yeah, I run evoling wilds more out of preference. The deck thinning is worth it in my view.

It was funny becuase I was playing someone, and my mill deck was thinning itself faster than I was milling my opponenent out. I won before I drew into a massive stack of 2/3's of my mill cards.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:15 pm

Does anyone want to play some EDH? It's always fun playing that with you guys.
    Kira
    Kira
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Kira Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:42 pm

If you're still up for it, I'll try my hand at my net'd EDH deck lol
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:50 pm

Sure, let's just see if we can get 1 more person though Smile
    Kira
    Kira
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Kira Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:51 pm

I've got Rod in it.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:52 pm

Alright then im up for it Smile
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Post by Rodrigo Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:55 pm

Host, Jordan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 8:34 am