Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Rodrigo
Slender Thar
Striker
Ruby
Jordan, Lich Lord
-Griffin
Raine
11 posters

Let the Console Wars... COMMENCE!

Poll

Pick one!

[ 2 ]
    Let the Console Wars... COMMENCE! Bar_left33%Let the Console Wars... COMMENCE! Bar_right [33%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Let the Console Wars... COMMENCE! Bar_left50%Let the Console Wars... COMMENCE! Bar_right [50%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Let the Console Wars... COMMENCE! Bar_left17%Let the Console Wars... COMMENCE! Bar_right [17%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Let the Console Wars... COMMENCE! Bar_left0%Let the Console Wars... COMMENCE! Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 6
    Raine
    Raine
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 11
    Location : Second star to the right and straight on til morning

Let the Console Wars... COMMENCE! Empty Let the Console Wars... COMMENCE!

Post by Raine Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:30 pm

Challengers line up!

Well, I know that the next gen will be starting up... eventually and every forum needs one of these so go for it.

As for my choice:
    Internet wrote:

This is a Playstation. And this! This is what is known as a Playstation that has ascended past a Playstation. Or, you could just call this a Playstation 2.
    X-Box 360: "Uh-huh, uh-uh."
    Wii: "Ho-hum. What a useless transformation. You've changed your graphics, so what?"
    "And THIS is to go even further beyond! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! *5 minutes later* I'm sorry that took so much longer than the others. But, I haven't had much occasion to practice this one. This is what I call a Playstation 3."
    -Griffin
    -Griffin
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 6

Let the Console Wars... COMMENCE! Empty Re: Let the Console Wars... COMMENCE!

Post by -Griffin Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:42 pm

Let the Console Wars... COMMENCE! PC_Gaming_Master_Race_by_Claidheam_Righ
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:43 pm

What the actualy heck is a N-gage?
    Raine
    Raine
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Raine Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:56 pm

-Griffin wrote:Let the Console Wars... COMMENCE! PC_Gaming_Master_Race_by_Claidheam_Righ

Yeah, my Nvidia 560 agrees with you but consoles do have a place in the world.

Jordan-The Manamancer wrote:What the actualy heck is a N-gage?

The shittest handheld to ever grace this planet since the virtualboy.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 17

Post by Ruby Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:19 pm

PS2.
    f*** you, I'm an oldie.
    Striker
    Striker
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 3

Post by Striker Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:32 pm

Kirino Kousaka wrote:PS2.
    f*** you, I'm an oldie.

Funny how the PS3 doesn't support its older versions. PS2 and 360 here!
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:35 pm

I play more Ps1 NES SNES Ps2 and Sega games than most modern stuff.
    Raine
    Raine
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Raine Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:23 am

Jordan-The Manamancer wrote:I play more Ps1 NES SNES Ps2 and Sega games than most modern stuff.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:27 am

Raine wrote:
    Jordan-The Manamancer wrote:I play more Ps1 NES SNES Ps2 and Sega games than most modern stuff.

Which ever sega systems the old Sonic games were on Smile I count it as playing those when ever I play them on the Xbox arcade.
    Slender Thar
    Slender Thar
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Slender Thar Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:30 am

PS3 all the way, and also Wii.
    PS1 was the sh*t. PS2 was meh in comparison, but it was still fun.
    Gamecube was awesome. Melee, Twilight Princess, and Metroid Prime, babayyy~
    N64 is nostalgically GOD! Played my first Pokemon game on there (Pokemon Stadium.)
    I also have a soft spot for GBC. A lot of games like Super Mario Bros, Dragon Warrior, Gold/Crystal, etc.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Post by Rodrigo Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:33 am

PS1.

Dragon Ball GT Final Bout, Tekken 3, Yugioh Forbidden Memories.

My childhood <3
    Raine
    Raine
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Raine Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:44 am

Natsu Rod wrote:PS1.

My childhood <3

It's not just me that couldn't advance past Forbidden Memories prologue, right?
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:47 am

Raine wrote:
    Natsu Rod wrote:PS1.

My childhood <3

It's not just me that couldn't advance past Forbidden Memories prologue, right?

I quit playing it after that. I wish I hadnt thrown my copy away as I think I could do better now.
    Welche
    Welche
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 8

Post by Welche Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:53 am

Wii/Mac
    Slender Thar
    Slender Thar
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Slender Thar Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:16 am

Welche wrote:Mac
    Dat nodda konsol. Dat a compooter
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

Post by Ashiok Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:27 am

PS2.

f*** modern consoles and the shitty "communities" and "console wars" that they bring.

Out of the 3 big modern ones though, definitely the Wii, followed by the PS3.
    Welche
    Welche
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Welche Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:36 am

>implying PS2 isn't really modern.

SNES because Super Mario All Stars is the best game of all time.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

Post by Ashiok Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:41 am

Welche wrote:>implying PS2 isn't really modern.

SNES because Super Mario All Stars is the best game of all time.

According to the current generation, anything over 3 months old isn't modern, so I doubt for the most part they consider a console made in 2001 counts as modern.
    Welche
    Welche
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Welche Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:41 am

so there ARE no modern consoles (spoken in Gimly or however you spell that voice.
    Raine
    Raine
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Raine Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:51 am

Welche wrote:so there ARE no modern consoles (spoken in Gimly or however you spell that voice.

^ Yes. Xbox360 Released 2005
    Yuzuru Otonashi
    Yuzuru Otonashi
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 18

Post by Yuzuru Otonashi Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:34 am

Xbox is, as I see it, Microsoft's gimmick and nothing but. It's never appealed to me in any way and I've no idea why it was made, when the PS3/Computers can cover 90~% of what it does and the Wii covers the other 10~. I mean, of course I know for money, buuuut...

Playstation is ALWAYS my secondary system, but I still love it to death. I generally use Sony Products, anyway, so using this is second nature. Sadly, I didn't get a PS3 until 4 months ago, but w/e.

Ninty is where I'll side forever. I was raised on the Ninty, SNES, 64, and Gamecube, with the Wii coming in later. I've always been on the lighter hearted side of gaming, anyways, so I've stuck to this. Plus, rare source of happy memories and a form of escape... Personally fond of the GB/DS series most, but still love the consoles.
    Icy
    Icy
    Members
    Members

Rep : 3

Post by Icy Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:40 am

I try and be just meh about this. But lately I've had extensive time on every console and personal not family time at that. Enough time to actually analyze each console's strengths and weaknesses both from a consumer and developer (assume the publishers are first party all the time for the sake of this). And before I get into this, I must state that 98% of the time if the game is MADE for the PC Version; the PC version is better in utterly every respect. It not working on your set-up is not an excuse.

Let's go down the list shall we?
    Wii Pros/Cons/Final verdict: It's nintendo, familiarity and likability is guaranteed. Market saturation is not valid, as anyone picking up a second rate title from them will know it. Parent's are no longer annoyingly ignorant and can usually tell. Neither is it the family console anymore. Pick it up if you like the games, but actual opinion is morbidly neutral.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    360 Pros: Massive indie support. A lot of healthy and good ones. As well as games from far more genre's from niche or underdone genre's due to said support. The very literal definition of a pick-me-up-game-console. Really only good here for devs and casual gamers with more time on their hands.

360 Cons: First Party games are actually lacking so so much, most I've seen are basically ports. And they all play klunkily. You don't need twitch hands to play, you need the ability of premonition due to the rather odd lag. Odd pricings that don't add up at all, and practically forces you to crap cash if you decide to take it seriously. No thanks, if I wanted to do that I'd play an F2P game.

360 Verdict: Unless you have friends to play it with, stray the hell away. The PS3 is super cheap now, rendering that previous argument null and void. Again, if you like it. You like it and get it... but these days unless you want an indie market thats more saturated than the PC could ever dream of, you've better options...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PS3 Pros: Generally a high quality check on most titles. Bugs are not really present in most games in a catastrophic manner unless you would expect them, such as Skyrim's Gamebreaking Bug's that made certain areas or parts of the game inaccessible for some players (Bethesda is known for those bugs on launch; period). The Playstation Network titles are more often than not of quality gameplay and mechanics, even if they don't fit your preferences. The stability is there.

Subjectivism may appear and will do so at times in off the shelf titles. As well as replayability concerns like in other titles. So it's not perfect, but the PS3 does have a particular baseline that it rarely dips below.

PS3 Cons: That same stable baseline means that game's that have the same degree of replayability tend to stagnate meaning you'll rarely either play a game to finish, or get bored and only play it once however much you may have enjoyed it.

With the forced quality control checks, you'll only get niche' titles once in a great blue moon. Meaning that if you are a casual gamer that doesn't have a lot of cash or can even spend cash well, you won't get the most out of these games as unlike the 360 where indie games start off between $1-$5 (regional equivalents are not figured iirc), they average between $9-$20 on the PS3.

PS3 Verdict: So it's good, if you can stick to a particular game for a long length of time that has less than admirable replayability as the content is seldom good for more than a single playthrough, often times even for multiplayer games. Not to say that there aren't, oh there are plenty. But it is less than with other consoles.

(Anyone mention the network glitches, and me and Rodrigo will go all tomahawk on ya'll).
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Up-next I guess I'll compare control schemes if it's actually warranted or wanted.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content