Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Overlord Of Darkness, Blacker Than Death

Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 17

Overlord Of Darkness, Blacker Than Death Empty Overlord Of Darkness, Blacker Than Death

Post by Ruby Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:16 pm

Grade 0: 18
    1 Fullbau
    1 Phantom Bringer Demon
    4 Abyss Freezer
    4 Abyss Healer
    4 Death Feather Eagle
    4 Grim Reaper

Grade 1: 12
    4 Blaster Javelin
    4 Black Sage, Charon
    3 Dark Shield, Mac Lir
    1 Nostrum Witch, Arianrhod

Grade 2: 12
    2 The Avatar: Blaster Dark
    3 Skull Witch, Nemain
    3 Cursed Lancer
    4 Knight Of Nullity, Masquerade

Grade 3: 8
    4 Phantom Blaster Dragon
    4 The Crossride: Phantom Blaster Overlord

Considering dropping Arianrhod for another copy of Nemain. Pulling a ballsy move and running only 11 G1s and 13 G2s. Thoughts?

Last edited by Queen on Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:19 am; edited 2 times in total
    Ice
    Ice
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 0

Overlord Of Darkness, Blacker Than Death Empty Re: Overlord Of Darkness, Blacker Than Death

Post by Ice Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:48 am

I really would advise against that. It seems odd enough now with the 12/12 rather than having more g1s, but that's sort of unavoidable in SPs. As I said last time, I'd probably drop the Nemains and turn them into Arianrodhs to get to that point but they do both have their uses. It's probably one of the toughest calls. Damn you Shadow Palys for having so many good cards. =/
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Overlord Of Darkness, Blacker Than Death Empty Re: Overlord Of Darkness, Blacker Than Death

Post by Ruby Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:52 am

Gaaaaah... but Nemain's +1 is amazing. I usually want her half of the time, but I don't know. Dx

Here I thought 50 card decks would be enough in Vanguard, only to find out space is still tight. qq

I... guess I'll leave it where it is. Arian is nice, and Nemain is nice, but both of them being two entirely different Grades is not helping.
    Ice
    Ice
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Ice Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:57 am

It used to be plenty and I used to find myself putting filler crap in to meet the quota, but now... I'm actually going to call it the Shadow Paladin curse because the only decks I've ever really had this problem with are these and MLB since most decks have relatively simple paths to get the space needed.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:01 am

Shadow Paladins have too much you want to add more copies of. Shadow Paladin curse sounds about right, because I don't think any other deck that isn't involving them has space issues like this.
    Ice
    Ice
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Ice Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:12 am

I always knew they were cursed. Ever since my issues with... HIM.

The thing basically is when they expanded the clan into Overlord and support, it didn't make the old cards bad for the build, and therefore you have to keep them in as well as add the stuff like Masquerade, etc, which would normally go into more copies of the draw witches.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:19 am

GODDAMN BLASTER JAVELINNNNNNN

The only thing the Overlord did was make people run it over Dark Magician. The Grade 2s though, you definitely feel like maxing Masquerade because of that +3000 stretch, and Cursed Lancer for Counterblast Manipulation.

yet they still want you to ride the evolution series and never open with javelin or pbd ;___;
    Ice
    Ice
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Ice Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:23 am

Actually Darkmetal or whatever its name was what made some people stop running Dark Magician. Then PBO made them stop running that. And it's kind of ridiculous how you have to draw PBD as well now since if you call Javelin you'll be discarding PBO.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:26 am

I've seen Darkmetal Dragon only used against me like, once. I have to say, that base 14 when Twin Driving is very cool. <3

When you have to discard a PBO for PBD, you're really just dying on the inside. I've seen that multiple times...
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:47 am

-1 Cursed Lancer
    +1 Nemain

Nemain is literally the best card in Shadow Paladins.
    Dark Magician is insane too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:38 am