Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Ashiok
Johnny
Yusei Fudou
Jordan, Lich Lord
Ruby
9 posters

Dragon Monk, Gojo vs Flame of Hope, Aermo

Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 17

Dragon Monk, Gojo vs Flame of Hope, Aermo Empty Dragon Monk, Gojo vs Flame of Hope, Aermo

Post by Ruby Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:51 am

Dragon Monk, Gojo vs Flame of Hope, Aermo 300px-BT01-049EN_CDragon Monk, Gojo vs Flame of Hope, Aermo 300px-TD02-009EN_-_Flame_of_Hope%2C_Aermo

Gojo: (Left)
    [ACT](VC/RC): [Rest this unit & Choose a card from your hand, and discard it] Draw a card.

Aermo: (Right)
    [AUTO](RC): [Choose a card from your hand, and discard it] When an attack hits during the battle that this unit boosted, you may pay the cost. If you do, draw a card.

I've actually been sitting around trying to think if Aermo is actually awks and Gojo's better. The main thing I'm concerned about is the 7k on Gojo.

I figure I'm just being silly, but I wanna hear cgc's thoughts on it...
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

Dragon Monk, Gojo vs Flame of Hope, Aermo Empty Re: Dragon Monk, Gojo vs Flame of Hope, Aermo

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:12 am

Hmm Id have to go with gojo for card draw. It boosts for 7 when you need a boost and lets you get a card if you need to. While Aermo needs you to hit it to draw.
    Yusei Fudou
    Yusei Fudou
    Members
    Members

Rep : 0

Dragon Monk, Gojo vs Flame of Hope, Aermo Empty Re: Dragon Monk, Gojo vs Flame of Hope, Aermo

Post by Yusei Fudou Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:31 am

Well, I like them both, Yes, I will admit, Gojo is good, but, with Aermo, you actually make use of it's boost more, downside is if it hits. Gojo is if you are willing to give up a boost. But I use both.
    Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : -1

Post by Johnny Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:03 am

Depends on the deck.

Literally.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

Post by Ashiok Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:31 am

Isn't it a general rule of thumb that if you're running one of these in Kags then your build sucks?
    Shard
    Shard
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : -5

Post by Shard Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:22 pm

Chandra Ablaze wrote:Isn't it a general rule of thumb that if you're running one of these in Kags then your build sucks?

aermo is one of the best kagero cards, what are you saying?
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Post by Rodrigo Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:46 pm

Aermo has always tested well for me too.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:50 pm

Yusei Fudou wrote:Well, I like them both, Yes, I will admit, Gojo is good, but, with Aermo, you actually make use of it's boost more, downside is if it hits. Gojo is if you are willing to give up a boost. But I use both.

Aermo makes use of the boost and allows you to cycle out Grade 3s you Drive Checked immediately. But Gojo does that only during your Main Phase. Though, Gojo is a stable booster that doesn't require a hit to be used.

Johnny wrote:Depends on the deck.

Literally.

Really? Could you explain how it depends?

Chandra Ablaze wrote:Isn't it a general rule of thumb that if you're running one of these in Kags then your build sucks?

... Wait, really?
    Kokonoe
    Kokonoe
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 7

Post by Kokonoe Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:55 pm

Queen wrote:Really? Could you explain how it depends?

It's all down to personal preference. Both do the exact same job, only one of them isn't guaranteed and the other leaves you without a booster. It's all down to whether the Rearguard in front can swing for a big number WITHOUT the boost. (Mainly something like Dual-Axe)

Also, you want to be playing 1 of these in Kags because they do need to cycle quite a bit.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:59 pm

The reason I was thinking of Gojo was because of The End hitting 20, since it's already 13 on it's own.

Makes enough sense for Archdragon and such too.
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 4

Post by Kyousuke Kousaka Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:36 pm

You're thinking Flame of Promise.

Gojo hits 20 on Ji Enddo, which is good, but Aermo, in my experience, forces guards, because your opponent, first of all, doesn't like getting hit by your Vanguard, and secondly, they don't want you to have the chance to cycle without punishment.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

Post by Ashiok Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:07 pm

Actually, I realised I was thinking "more than 1 Aermo"

Gojo just doesn't fit in the deck.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:52 am