Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Kaede Takagaki
Raine
HiveNet
Magic Man
Yuzuru Otonashi
Garazza
Light Yagami
CM Renji
Ruka
Rodrigo
Material Vita
Jordan, Lich Lord
Dawn
17 posters

Anime and sometimes manga club

Garazza
    Garazza
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 29

Anime and sometimes manga club - Page 8 Empty Re: Anime and sometimes manga club

Post by Garazza Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:37 am

Toonami and some new manga I just got today. This is gonna be a good night.
    Material Vita
    Material Vita
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 9

Anime and sometimes manga club - Page 8 Empty Re: Anime and sometimes manga club

Post by Material Vita Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:25 pm

Ichigo was epic. =o

Finished Hyouka yesterday. ;-;

(;-; = not that it was really sad but it was the last episode)
    Yuzuru Otonashi
    Yuzuru Otonashi
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 18

Post by Yuzuru Otonashi Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:38 pm

Ichigo going full hollow is an absolutely awful piece of writing. It's not amazing, it's a generic hero asspull, just involves turning into the equivalent of Satan to do so after being killed by nihilistic powers.

Admittedly, Segunda Etapa was also pretty awful in that sense.
    Garazza
    Garazza
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Garazza Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:57 pm

Think about it, Kubo is incapable of writing and loves trolling his fan base. So, this was a good thing in Kubo's terms.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:57 pm

I dont watch Bleach for a great story or good writing. I knew it was a generic shonen series when I started watching it.

All I watch it for is the cool looking powers and fight scenes.
    Yuzuru Otonashi
    Yuzuru Otonashi
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 18

Post by Yuzuru Otonashi Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:14 pm

Garazza wrote:Think about it, Kubo is incapable of writing and loves trolling his fan base. So, this was a good thing in Kubo's terms.
    Anime and sometimes manga club - Page 8 BlackMageGif

I can't argue with that, but he IS capable of writing.

@Jordan: You should be looking for good writing in everything. The only reason I stick with Bleach is because it's one of those important series for me.

"Generic Shonen" doesn't describe it. Other "generic Shonens" infinitely outclass it, and are actually written well. One Piece and sometimes Naruto, for example.
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 7

Post by HiveNet Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:17 pm

No one should watch Bleach for the plot IMO, since its kinda terrible in that respect. Or not terrible, but its just not that great, and with some logic loops.

You watch it for the action, for the characters, and for some of the sheer awesome moments. Like Ichigo vs the 3 leutenants. And his first attack on Aizen. My two favourite scenes in the entire show.

This is quite off topic, but has anyone here ever watched Nadesco, or Gundam Seed?
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:19 pm

I probably should look for good story in everything your right, it's just Bleach is the show I go to when I just want to watch a good fight scene or see certain characters I mostly watch it because it's the first show on Toonami anyway.Smile

Also Ive never heard of either of those Hive. What's the first one about?
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by HiveNet Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:32 pm

Nadesco as far as i can remember is a war between Earth, and other races in our galaxy.

Its the typical mobile suit series in part, with some odd twists, but its probably my favourite anime to date. I loved it.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:33 pm

Hmm kind of cool.

I take it Gundam Seed is like the other gundams but what's this ones plot?
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by HiveNet Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:48 pm

Umm, humanity splity into to halves.

The humans, and the... I cant remember the term for them, but they are genetically engineered.

ORB is a state in the middle. Its about a civiallian who gets caught up in the war between the other two factions, and gets massively involved in it.

Oh and Gundams are strong enough to destroy proper crusier sized battleships in space without taking any damage.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:51 pm

.....Sounds awesome Smile

I'll have to watch it after gundam 00.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Post by Rodrigo Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:48 pm

Ugh, why does Accel World takes 3 months to get a new chapter?
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:52 pm

Yet another series I dont know Smile But the name sounds cool so what's it about?
    Dawn
    Dawn
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 13

Post by Dawn Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:21 am

The anime is much farther. And finishing in 1 episode . Sad

I mean, I find the manga and anime to be about just as awesome as each other. So at least I have something.
    If you meant the light novel, yeah, I could put that you can talk about that here.
    If you do watch the anime, than ignore what I said above. =o
    Also,
    The year is 2046. Haruyuki Arita is a young boy who finds himself on the lowest social rungs of his school. Ashamed of his miserable life, Haruyuki can only cope by indulging in virtual games. But that all changes when Kuroyukihime, the most popular girl in school, introduces him to a mysterious program called Brain Burst and a virtual reality called the Accel World.

(Source: VIZ Media)
    (synopsis of anime)

Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:22 am

Wait a minute...that sounds familar.

Let me check TV Tropes page for it. I might have read it sometime ago when checking random pages.
    Dawn
    Dawn
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Dawn Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:26 am

I think it might have been even more clear if I posted the tv tropes summary, I was even about to. But this is quite shorter and I was lazy. (Yes, too lazy to even copy + paste a tiny bit more)

Material Vita
    Material Vita
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Material Vita Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:31 am

=o

Well, I'm reading the Hidan no Aria light novels, slowly (I'm on volume 2 and I started around 3 months ago), and after that I plan to read the Accel World light novels (well, I read 2 chapters before I started Hidan no Aria but I decided to read at least the first 9 volumes of Aria before continuing Accel World).

So, don't worry Dawn, someone said they read the Accel World light novels, for sure.
    Kira
    Kira
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 6

Post by Kira Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:04 am

Accel World sounds a lot like Dragon Drive. Except instead of coping, the main character sucks at life and games all the same. His friend shows him to a literally underground gaming community, and the game is VR. He finds it to be the only game he doesn't TOTALLY suck at, though he's still pretty bad.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Post by Rodrigo Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:52 am

Mirajane Strauss wrote:Accel World sounds a lot like Dragon Drive. Except instead of coping, the main character sucks at life and games all the same. His friend shows him to a literally underground gaming community, and the game is VR. He finds it to be the only game he doesn't TOTALLY suck at, though he's still pretty bad.

Basically.

It didn't strike me as a great manga, but I enjoyed reading it.

I enjoy reading a lot of things when I actually get around to read. >_>
    Material Vita
    Material Vita
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Material Vita Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:11 am

Mirajane Strauss wrote:Accel World sounds a lot like Dragon Drive. Except instead of coping, the main character sucks at life and games all the same. His friend shows him to a literally underground gaming community, and the game is VR. He finds it to be the only game he doesn't TOTALLY suck at, though he's still pretty bad.
    But he doesn't suck at other games, either. It tells you in the beginning that he's GOOD at games, and even shows you. Not a lot of people can hit a ball going that fast and Kuroyukihime even said she cheated.
    Dawn
    Dawn
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Dawn Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Material Vita wrote:
    But he doesn't suck at other games, either. It tells you in the beginning that he's GOOD at games, and even shows you. Not a lot of people can hit a ball going that fast and Kuroyukihime even said she cheated.
    Think with a synopsis of Dragon Drive I just went and found that was what he was talking about, not Accel World.
    Oozora Reiji isn't a lazy boy, he's just terribly unmotivated; all the clubs and activities he's joined don't interest him for long. That is, of course, until his best friend Yukino takes him to a underground arcade where an unbelievable virtual reality game is played - Dragon Drive - in which players fight each other with virtual dragons. Reiji ends up throwing all he's got into training a dragon so rare that the Dragon Drive staff are baffled. But soon Reiji learns that Dragon Drive isn't all it seems, and he might be the only one who can save an entire world from evil.

(Source: ANN)
    Material Vita
    Material Vita
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Material Vita Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:29 pm

That makes sense.

I just read it like "Accel World sounds a lot like Dragon Drive. Except..." because it looked like the post was continuing on why Accel World sounds like Dragon Drive. It just looked that way.

And if anyone watched it (this part was in the anime),
    remember when what Aria:
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:08 pm

So after cruising around the wierd part of youtube I've come across several Soul Eater vidoes......It looks kind of cool and funny Smile
    Garazza
    Garazza
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Garazza Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:29 pm

Soul Eater is a great anime. If you think about it, its rather messed it up, but you'll get used to it. The anime strays away from the manga, which is still on going

YouTube has all the episodes, but they're mostly subs. I think Netflix has all the dubbed episodes.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:46 am